Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Avoozl

Russian man to be first time subject for a human head transplant

Kontra Kommando said:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/nvBEOQN.jpg

Is Dr. Sergio Canavero into Oi? The Fred Perry shirt and shaved head makes him look like a skinhead. [/B]

For a second there I thought Michael Rooker had given up acting for science

oh wow.

Dr. Canavero told CNN he has received an array of emails and letters from people asking to be considered for the procedure, many of which have been from transgender individuals seeking a new body.

I've stopped researching future technologies in civ 2 because frankly, I no longer want.

This is rather a interesting subject, even through the russian has a diesase, it's better to try and risk, rather than not trying and keep suffering.

darknation said:

Dr. Canavero told CNN he has received an array of emails and letters from people asking to be considered for the procedure, many of which have been from transgender individuals seeking a new body.

?

I hope those people realize they will be most likely completely disabled if it happens to work and they live through it.

Waffenak said:

Looking forward to this. If successful, what possibilities this could open in the future

Like dictators that can live forever? If this happens, then "eternal president" won't just be a flashy title.

On a more serious note, even if this works (and it probably won't), it's not like we all have immortality all of a sudden. In order for a old person to keep on living that person needs another younger body, and it's not like those are just all over the place. At best, the elite of humanity would be able to keep on living.

hardcore_gamer said:

On a more serious note, even if this works (and it probably won't), it's not like we all have immortality all of a sudden. In order for a old person to keep on living that person needs another younger body, and it's not like those are just all over the place. At best, at the elite of humanity would be able to keep on living.

I'll pretend this is the plot for the next Neill Blomkamp movie and not something you may have actually considered plausible.

VGA said:

The brain gets older, too. No way around that.

But how long would it actually take for only the brain to just fail? Sure there are certain things like alzheimers and stuff but there are also extremely old people out there who are just as mentally fit as anybody.

And it's not like medicine won't be invented in the future that will prevent this from happening.

Simply said, it's a well known fact that there is a date set in your DNA when you are going to die. There's no way to reach it currently because of enviromental factors causing death before this state can hypothetically occur.

j4rio said:

?

I hope those people realize they will be most likely completely disabled if it happens to work and they live through it.

This. I like the fact that mad scientists are real but when I hear fuse in the article he won't have any mobility but its his choice. As for transgender wanting in that's just easy answers.

j4rio said:

Simply said, it's a well known fact that there is a date set in your DNA when you are going to die. There's no way to reach it currently because of enviromental factors causing death before this state can hypothetically occur.

Source?

j4rio said:

Ten bucks on this stunt ending disastrously.

Make it ten grand.

Aren't scientists still researching Henrietta Lack's cells to sort of circumvent the expiration date of cells without them going cancerous? Head transplanting, that is some real Frankenstein shit right there.