• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom_Dude

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2

So this just appeared or something.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2

I think I may actually be kinda pumped for this now. haha

It has few plot details, but it was cool seeing Solo at the end.

Also what is up with the empire becoming more nazi like in it's appearance, with all of those red flags and banners? The original empire's use of colors consisted mostly of white and blue, but as of recently in shows like Rebels and some video games the empire has started to look more and more nazi like. I can't say that I like this change, because I feel it just turns the empire into generic space nazis. Some argue that they were always like this, but I always saw the empire in the original movies and games as being just a ruthless monarchy trying to destroy the rebels, a roman empire in space.

Oddly enough this one didn't give me the emotional high that the last teaser trailer did (the glimpse of X-Wings in the first teaser visibly brought me to tears). I'm going to chalk it up to having just woken up from a nap and being hungry as I watched it.

That being said, I do have a lot of hope for this movie because traditionally the fans have had more reverence for the series than George Lucas has shown recently. Well, most of the Expanded Universe anyway; some of it got silly or was downright awful.

However, J.J. Abrams also showed little respect for Star Trek with his reboots, a series that originally attempted to ground itself in plausibility and was turned into, well, a Star Wars style space opera. (There's an interview with Peter Weller where he explains why an alt-universe ST actually makes sense in relation to the originals; I'll post if I can find it. Weller has gone quite mad these days, but he's a hoot to listen to.)

At any rate, it's been a very long time since Star Wars excited or even interested me at all and Abrams has got me on both. If he delivers and DICE delivers with SW: Battlefront, it will be a good Christmas.

I'm currently waiting for ticket pre-orders (not that I'll get them in time; they'll be sold out within literal minutes and I'm not that fast). I need a good SW movie in theaters to make up for TPM and AotC.

I think I'll go and see this regardless of how good it might turn out.

So far, the only thing that irks me is the lightsaber crossguard. It just looks so stupid! If it was made of something other than a lightbeam, it'd look more normal. Do they not have any lightsaber-resistant material other than another lightsaber blade in the Star Wars universe?

currently live streaming(officialy) starwars anaheim live celebration;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBx5OqAWeW0

with trailer clips from the new movie

edit ;
this official live stream is making me sick...

The presentation ;
this is presented like a television show for small children aged 4 to 6. they almost seem retarded...

the clone wars ;
All that talk about 'her universe', woman, and making it for 'girls' and all that noise in an attempt to be 'non' sexist. and then an happy birthday song sung like one would sing to a small 3 year old child...

I hope they make up for the bandwith usage...

The force awakens ;
But they seem to switch the mood a bit when switching to this subject.

Edit 2 ;
They are amping up the tone of the presentation, but the live Youtube chat is one of the most insane, mentally ill, plain retarded shitstorm of hyperactivity i have ever seen. Its just demented.

Sodaholic said:

Do they not have any lightsaber-resistant material other than another lightsaber blade in the Star Wars universe?

IIRC Cortosis ore has lightsaber-resistant properties, but it's also very rare to come by. it was a central plot-point of Jedi Outcast, and probably has been used in other Star Wars-related media.

I'm still not convinced by the new lightsaber design, it just looks stupid to me.

The second teaser trailer and the hours long live stream trough my mind, and i am cracking down on this ;

A) The colors in the trailer create a tone resembling the force unleashed its cut-scene, movie, and general in game CGI renders.
This means the CLUT (color lookup table) or otherwise slider based or manual color grading is done to make it look like that.
it really looks unnatural and weird.

B) the designs seem to lend from games like Kotor and the Force Unleashed but at the same time the trailer is to unclear to
be capable of noticing anything more than this. they clearly took some Kotor like designs into it.

C) A second time they focus on the non white actor, clearly marketing filth to act as if they are special by having that person
in the movie. ignoring the fact they once had Samuel L Jackson, and the actor which physically played jar jar binks... yes,
they are special for having that man as an actor. shameless 'usage' of that person for its marketing value.

D) The live stream was a childish excuse for a marketing campaign clearly geared towards children. even when the great actor who
always played the emperor appeared it remained a childish ordeal. At least that actor kept his mature elegance.

E) They kept stressing about the children, and then they started with all this crap about strong woman, children really liking that
because the children are claimed to voice that opinion trough the Internet, emails, and chats. And they clearly showed they where
referring to small kids between their 6 and 10. yes, i believe you Disney-marketing-crew ! those children whom are barely capable of
understanding their own words are emailing them about strong woman and expressing this on 'starwars' websites. so this flowed into
the strong young alien woman Asoka in the clone wars and rebel series. Yes they are doing special things by featuring a female
character... *cough* one of the many in any media for more than 30 years.

F) But, beneath all that it seems to be a worthwhile wait, as it all shows a chance to be a decent, if not, weirdly marketed
Star Wars movie. fingers crossed.

Now lets hope the Youtube chat does not get raided by hivemind websites again tomorrow.

The EU isn't totally gone, just optional and supplementary. They'll still pull from it and make things explicitly canon if they find it useful (been done in SW before).

It's more so they don't have to deal with any headaches involving consistency as they write new material.

It'd better not suck. This and the previous teaser have not left me particularly impressed.

I will be happy when it's finally released. I'm not all that pumped up with anticipation. They really just need to leave the old stuff behind and fully get behind a new cast of characters and conflicts.

This looks like a real movie. I love it.
What pleases me the most is the return to the up close and personal storytelling rather than the "OMG LOOK AT THIS GIANT FIGHT WITH LOTS OF ROBOTS AND LIGHTSABRES" cgi crap of the prequels. The story looks extremely personal and I'm excited for it. Also the fact that BB8 is real blows my mind.

At this point I don't want to see anymore until I'm actually watching the film. It's not going to be easy to avoid any new info from here on.

Technician said:

Why is Chewie still young?

Wookies live to like 300 or something. Unless a moon falls on their head.

hardcore_gamer said:

I always saw the empire in the original movies and games as being just a ruthless monarchy trying to destroy the rebels, a British empire in space.

Fixed it for you.

Technician said:

Why is Chewie still young?

He's not young, it's just that the fur hides the wrinkles.

Avoozl said:

The EU was good as far as the games are concerned.

My original trilogy is X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Dark Forces.

anyone else notice the music in the teaser (as well as the first one) has gotten a nice, beefy remaster? especially in the bassy regions, it seems to hit really deep now.

Old Solo gave me a hardon. I was thinking Chewie would at least start to look like Itchy from the Holiday special.

hardcore_gamer said:

Not directly related to the movie but here is the fresh trailer for the new Battlefront game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwWLns7-xN8

I don't like it. Not because it isn't cool, but because there is no gameplay. It's just a bunch of pretty CGI crap that tells us nothing about the game.

I like how they start to shove DLC down our throats right away. It says Engine footage though, so it's not like it's the pre-rendered cutscenes from TNO or anything. It looks good, previews quite a bit actually. Yah, I'll probably pre-order this, alongside Doom 4 when it's ready. And I never pre-order anything.

It's got Tatooine, Hoth, Endor, Boba Fett, Vader, and it looks like fighters are returning to the ground combat zones like in the first Battlefront. I'm a little surprised there's no Clones being previewed, though. I kind of see that DIsney is shirking away from the Prequels to focus on more OT related things, but regardless of what the opinions are on the PT, you don't do Battlefront without some involvement from Cone and Droid factions. This way we don't only play two factions and get more variety.

Whatever, EA will be "gracious" I'm sure to release DLC packages that contain the Clones and Droids. Each unit for each team is probably like 10 bucks, followed by 20 bucks for the individual vehicles and weapons. Whatever, they got my balls. If I ever meet their CEO, I'll murder him outright.

Also, lol at Origin, and "previously unexplored planet, Sullust." Sullust was actually a playable map in one of the Battlefronts. Retards.

Sullust was never in Battlefront but Mustafar was. They are very similar planets due to the volcanic atmospheres.