Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Valiant + Sawdust demos [-complevel 11]

Don't bother recording on any map with a 3 door key unless you don't mind your demo desynching when I fix this bug, heh.

This is apparently a different manifestation of the bug that dew found in testing - the bug involved 3 key doors only opening if you had the yellow keycard, and not opening if you have the yellow skull. I made a hacky fix that essentially replaced yellow skulls with yellow cards. I never though to test what would happen with no yellow key at all.

I should have a fix out this weekend sometime.

Map28 UV-Speed in 0:59!

Looks like I'll have to redo map29 sometime since it desyncs now. It shouldn't take too long to get though. I'll probably do some more maps first before going back to that one.

va28-059.zip

Map03 UV-Speed in 0:15

I save every demo using this batch file:

@echo off
prboom-plus.exe -iwad ../iwads/doom2.wad -file valiant.wad -complevel 11 -skill 4 -levelstat -record "demos/valiant-%1-%date:~4,2%%date:~7,2%%date:~10,4%-%time:~0,2%%time:~3,2%%time:~6,2%" -warp %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
I rename every exit I get so I know how many exits I had, and then I just count the 500 or so demos that are in the folder.

va03-015.zip

Going to have to implement that krankdud, otherwise I suppose you could just use a wsplit or livesplit but that would be super tedious after awhile.

I like your idea with using a batch file to count attepmts Krankdud. I'll probably start using it too. :)

Nevanos: Unfortunately, MAP19 demo desyncs for me with the version from the first post. Gotta love those surprise wad updates...

What was the success rate for getting through that imp horde noobest.

Getting past the imps wasn't actually too difficult. Before settling with the route in the demo I tried going for the yellow key first, but that made the arachotron near the start block me 95% of the time and most runs that got past that died to the mancubi near the red key.

Dime said:

Valiant Episode 1 UV-Speed in 6:43

Noice! I think I'm speaking for skillsaw as well when I say this is exactly what we wanted to see - a massive load of risk management when choosing wich IL tricks and restocking detours are worth it. Looking forward to improvements, heheh.

dew said:

Noice! I think I'm speaking for skillsaw as well when I say this is exactly what we wanted to see - a massive load of risk management when choosing wich IL tricks and restocking detours are worth it. Looking forward to improvements, heheh.

For sure. As nice of a run as this is, it's nice to know that there are still unused IL tricks available to anyone willing to grind out the runs needed to incorporate them.

my fav part is mancubian where im trying to go for the secret, but some asshole monster gets in the way and i just reconfigure wth I want to do haha