Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Valiant + Sawdust demos [-complevel 11]

Haha... and we were trying to eradicate all the vilejumps to the map rim so hard... missed that one, oh well.

Map 05 UV Max in 3:40 utterly disappointing as it's only 2 seconds quicker than the -Fast time. Not sure if this route has been done before or what but this includes the first exit and second exit attempt in 3:52 and 3:38 respectively. Also, this is recorded with 2.5.1.4 test.

va05-340.zip

Map 14 UV Max in 4:41. My third exit was terrible, yet it felt a lot faster than any other run I attempted on this map. Also, are people having issues with PrBoom + 2.5.4.1? Mine seems to crash every now and then which is quite bizarre.

va14-441.zip

2.5.4.1? That's a thing? I believe you are talking about 2.5.1.4, in which I never get crashes.

MD922 said:

2.5.4.1? That's a thing? I believe you are talking about 2.5.1.4, in which I never get crashes.

Yeah, that was a typo but you got what I meant. It doesn't happen very often so it's probably just this fuck up of a system I own. Oddly enough, I haven't had this problem before but I tend to use 2.5.1.3 more.

Springy said:

It doesn't happen very often so it's probably just this fuck up of a system I own. Oddly enough, I haven't had this problem before but I tend to use 2.5.1.3 more.

2.5.1.4 crashing is a relatively common problem. Some people have it and some people don't. It crashed all the time on my old laptop so I never used it, but on my new desktop it doesn't have any problems at all.

Does it still crash with -nosound? If it doesn't, try updating to the latest version from here. Recently entryway fixed some sound-related crash that happens on Windows 7.

Memfis said:

Does it still crash with -nosound? If it doesn't, try updating to the latest version from here. Recently entryway fixed some sound-related crash that happens on Windows 7.

Ah that must have been the problem, cause it went away when i switch to windows 8 :o

Memfis said:

In fairness, I haven't updated my version in bare time. I'll give this a cheeky try, thanks.

On PRBoom 2.5.1.3 this wad in some maps are crashing. In first page 'dew' recommends use 2.5.1.4 and for good reason, I think.
I hope i will not get same problems when will do D2ALL on this.

ExclusiveAlias [CBD]

You're probably not too far from reaching 420th alternate account at this point. Also, hi.

j4rio said:

You're probably not too far from reaching 420th alternate account at this point. Also, hi.

What, is it TendaMonsta?

Nice work on map 9! I remember trying to run this but the Duel archies with the moving elevators and no cover being too frustrating. Im surprised you choose to do that section last

Nevan said:

MAP09 UV-Max in 7:16

This was great, Valiant being one of my all-time favorite wads anyway. Your speed is incredible.