Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Valiant + Sawdust demos [-complevel 11]

Does anyone else's Map27 run kind of desync towards the end? Is the demo that of an older version, or are my settings just not right? 

MAP11 UV-Speed in 0:36 & NoMo in 0:30

Since no one else did it, after 4 years I have improved these times by a little bit. Better is still of course possible, maybe I'll get back to it in another 4 years.

va11-36.7z

va11o30.7z

Map 26 UV-Max in 4:42

Just a bit of a 'tune-up' because the old one came on stream and I didn't like it 'aesthetically'. Not worth downloading if you saw a run on this map already. :P

va26-442.zip

Edited by rdwpa

Episode 3 UV-Speed in 5:56 - vae3-556.zip

I've had this sitting on my hard drive for like a year because I wasn't happy with it, but I don't know if/when I'll come back to it so here it is.

Valiant D2All UV-Max in 5:50:57 - vaD2All-55057.zip

It's filled with major mistakes and a lot of extremely slow and safe play. It serves as a proof of concept to myself that this is reasonable to complete.

Atleast an hour could easily be shaved off of this with just less mistakes, less wandering around to make sure nothing was missed, and through being a little bit more aggressive.

edit: missed 3 enemies in map31. possibly some in other levels too.

Edited by Daerik

MAP01 Reality! in 1:47.80 (no previous record)

Demo: va01real147.zip

Video: 

I didn't think this would be so difficult. All the hitscanners in the map can mean an instant reset, but so do the imps and pinkies that surround you in the final room. Also, many resets were due to rocket-self-damage; there are several places where you *need* to shoot rockets really close. The time can be lowered further by collecting the rockets behind the waterfall earlier, and by using the SR50 trick was performed by Dime in his UV Speed record, to jump to the yellow door.

Valiant UV-Respawn demopack (part 1 of 2, 16 maps)

I was supposed to wait until I'm done with all 32 maps, but I've got a lot of testing work to do for a major mapping project, so I'd rather submit what I've gotten so far than hoard it for who knows how long. But I'll definitely return to do the second half ASAP. Detailed info and comments on each map in txt file, might help others optimize these more (if anyone else cares about UV-Respawn, lol).

Valiant UV-Respawn tchkb 1of2.zip

Edited by tchkb

↑ Not really. I guess I was just lucky to make a strat work that Demon wave, which is definitely the hardest part of this map.

Valiant Map19 UV Pacifist in 0:46.17

va19p046.zip

Well, I still got the safety Soulsphere. Probably not getting it is a 3-second save.

Popes of Roam (Map19) Nightmare! in 55.66s

va19n055.zip

Sadly I was cheated out of getting a potential 53 or 54 because of some horrible but survivable monster movement RNG. As soon as those missiles hit, I thought I was due for another failed demo attempt... but not today. This will have to do for now (it was only a little side project while I work on my slall nomo run). Thanks to GarretChan for showing me that this was still possible.

Valiant Map19 NM Speed in 0:53.94

va19n053.zip

Why not a little bit of contest, as long as Starduster won't slap me in the face :P

Seriously though, the more you play this map, the movement feels more satisfying.

Valiant Map18 NM Speed in 0:33.51

va18n033.zip

A copy-and-paste route from 4shock's Pacifist, but you probably need to wait a little bit at the beginning, or you may be killed before that double crusher. I don't understand where's the trigger of the last group of enemies though...

To Starduster: You slapped the wrong place. That was my butt :P  Nice run!

Valiant Map19 UV Pacifist in 0:40.14

va19p040.zip

Got blocked at the beginning and I decided to try it out... Also got blocked at the end but still got a 40, which means 39 is definitely very possible.

Valiant: Bad Reception (Map01) NM Speed in 55.00s

va01n055.zip

I think a pacifist demo would involve luring the chaingunner off the lift, we'll see how that goes. Also I tried the UV Speed jump in another demo, my time was still slower in the end because of some safe playing :/.

4 hours ago, Starduster said:

Map19 Pacifist in 38.91s

Very nice run. It seems 37 is also possible, which is already very close to UV Speed. I guess I went too far and made your beast within come out :P

How did you activate those Imps and make them to the side after the second switch? It seems they won't be activated before seeing me... Maybe I should shoot at the wall somewhere?

30 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

How did you activate those Imps and make them to the side after the second switch? 

I shoot right after teleporting, it wakes them up for some reason. I also used the objectively better route which allows me to get past the pinky wave more often.

Just now, Starduster said:

I shoot right after teleporting, it wakes them up for some reason. I also used the objectively better route which allows me to get past the pinky wave more often.

Ah OK, it makes sense. I didn't notice this yesterday and that group gave me a headache (I think you used that already, but I was so confused why that would happen) Yep, I saw the route change for that. Going directly through them is way better than going around them for sure.

Valiant Map19 NM 100S in 1:01.69

va19s101.zip

7 minutes ago, Starduster said:

@GarrettChan I'm getting a little sick of this map, there are other ones that would be more entertaining to run :p

Hahahaha, I was about to say the same thing. One time I think I got one on pace and died at last, which is very annoying, and yeah, I filled up the table with this and probably will leave this map for a while.

1 minute ago, Starduster said:

Amazing! I was gonna do NM 100s but couldn't be bothered, do you think stroller would be possible?

Don't think so. I tried. The hard part is the pacifist part because so many things can be in your way. You're not even easy to dodge rockets.

Valiant Map30 NM Speed in 2:19.23

va30n219.zip

Was panicking at the end. I have a chance to take out the boss a few seconds earlier since it's 1 rocket away from death, but I was a coward and kept searching for health and didn't get it.