Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

I just downloaded zandronum, and I have no idea how to start my own game.

For years, my father and I have been wanting to play cooperative DooM over the internet. But until today, I didn't have any idea how to do that. I initially thought zandronum was just a sourceport like GZDoom.

Anyhow, I am able to join online games, and I made a server to play Ultimate Doom on. But here's the problem.

1. I can't get out of spectator mode. I set the password to my last name, but when I hit space to join the game, it says "Incorrect password" and I never even entered a password. It didn't give me the option.

2. My dad couldn't find my server in the list.

I'm just looking for the simplest of terms, absolute step by step instructions on how to set up an online game for two players. I have done a few forum searches, google searches, and have come up emptyhanded.

You can input the password from the muiltiplayer menu ingame, then attempt to rejoin afaik.

As for the other issue, what program are you using to connect to the server?

Marcaek said:

You can input the password from the muiltiplayer menu ingame, then attempt to rejoin afaik.

As for the other issue, what program are you using to connect to the server?

I'm using doomseeker.

To explain exactly what it is I want to be able to do:

My father and I both have laptops with GZDoom, Zandronum, Doomseeker, and all of the exact same WAD and PK3 files. Our doom setups are identical.

We are both getting our internet signal from the same router.

We want to be sitting at our dining room table with our laptops and play doom together.

A quick google leads to Doomseeker not being able to see local lan servers in the browser. Have you tried to connect to the server directly via the console?

for example

Connect 192.168.1.119

You can find the local ip address in the zandronum host window.
http://imgur.com/060GeGH

A quick test, try

On your computer, host the server from the command line.

zandronum.exe -host -file etc.wad -iwad etc.wad

then have your dad load up zandronum via the command line above without the -host

and then use the console on your dad's comp to join the server locally.

Connect (ipaddresshere).

you can add the local ip of a server under the "custom servers" menu in doomseeker, try that.

As someone who just managed to installed the same software on my Mac and played my first non-LAN multiplayer (SUPER FUN! BETTER THAN EXPECTED!), I was hoping to hear how to do this as well. Also, drag'n'drop doesn't seem to load both brutal19.pk3 and a custom map wad at the same time. Can anyone offer some advice on this?

* Teach him how can he join your server =3 .
* Check your server settings (You probably enabled a server password by wrong)
* If you want your server to be listed on Master server (Or to be an internet server) forward a port . (10666 UDP)