Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Azan yousuf

Can't record with doom 95.

If you don't have any particular reason to stick with Doom95, you should try another source port like Chocolate-Doom, PrBoom or ZDoom. It will enhance your Doom experience. Chocolate-Doom and PrBoom can record Vanilla Doom compatible .LMPs. PrBoom has support for high screen resolutions.

Azan yousuf said:

Can any of you post a video of showing how to fix he doom 95 demo?

It shouldn't be hard. Download Doom95 demo recording bug fix and replace the .dll file that has the same name in Doom95's folder. Then you'll be able to record demos. The only bug that's still there is that you can't specify the demo size (it doesn't work), so you'll be stuck with 128KB maximum demo size. That's good for about 15 minutes of play time.

VGA said:

Very good guide.

I don't think the mouse will work on Windows 7 though, the mouse patch makes VxD drivers work on WinXP because there is still some code to load this kind of driver left in the OS's Kernel, but the code in question might have been completely removed from Win 7's Kernel.

axdoom1 said:

Very good guide.

I don't think the mouse will work on Windows 7 though, the mouse patch makes VxD drivers work on WinXP because there is still some code to load this kind of driver left in the OS's Kernel, but the code in question might have been completely removed from Win 7's Kernel.

That mouse fix worked in my win7 x64.

Reading the author's post here, it seems to me that it gets rid of the dependency because winXP and later don't support it:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/source-ports/51269-doom95-mouse-patch-for-xp-available-now/

In other words I have Doom95 running stable with the mouse working (without vertical axis, too) no palette changing bug (after the first change), working spectre effect, music working normally etc.

PWAD loading is tricky sometimes because of the vanilla limitations about custom textures, so sometimes deusf is needed to merge stuff. I have a custom doom2.wad with palplus palette, the minor sprite fixing project and perkristian's improved sound effects :-D

But when it comes to map limit extending and DEHACKED support ... there is no solution.

VGA said:

Reading the author's post here, it seems to me that it gets rid of the dependency because winXP and later don't support it:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/source-ports/51269-doom95-mouse-patch-for-xp-available-now/

According to this, it replaces Kernel32 with a modified library that will accept the calls from the same functions. That explains how it still work. I guess I just had an older versions so it didn't work.