Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Little Faith

Solid-color contest.

I have this idea for a wonderful map-making contest:

Everyone who participates have to download a texture-wad as a base. This wad consists of nothing but textures and flats made by nothing but one solid color. (A different color for each texture and flat of course).

The contestants then have to design a map using only the textures and flats provided in the wad.

The idea is to see if people can make a wad that looks cool even if they have nothing but solid single-colour surfaces to work with.

Of course people would still try to live up to their usual standards so i would expect the end wad to be linedef-art galore!

I think a better idea would be to use surface-only textures (I.E. textures that don't have any structures such as blocks or bricks), such as METAL. Then you could use überdetail to build those blocks physically instead. I'm up for it. Yup.

Heh I have some cool ideas already, dunno if I'll make them or not. I should probably finish Millennium first.

Lüt said:

I should probably finish Millennium first.

Yes, now get back to work you muggle.

Lüt said:
I should probably finish Millennium first.

Gee...... ya think dawg? :P

/me waits to see da illest last boss in all doom history kick marine ass

I like the idea. It's restriction that's needed for people to be really creative and try hard, like the awesome 10 sectors wads.

I think we should keep the restriction down to theme only, after all it is summer, people want to be free and easy like Ling said. I still really like that beach wad idea..

i was thinking about a wad that used _ALL_ of zdoom, legacy, or edge's features. that would be cool.

kain said:

i was thinking about a wad that used _ALL_ of zdoom, legacy, or edge's features. that would be cool.

Haha.

No.

no i am for real, i would like to see that happen. some of the levels would be cick ass, especially with zdoom.

kain said:

NO.

kain said:

GAAH

kain said:

It may be a good idea and all, but is that even possible?

yes its possible. i made a test wad a long time ago, and it worked, but i dont know how to design wads and whenever i tried to make an outside area or a real complex wall, it never worked, but i did make a real simple room with all of zdooms features in it.