Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dg93

Paris extremist's misfire thwarts imminent attack on church

An Algerian Islamic extremist who planned on massacring Christians in France accidentally shot himself in the leg. French authorities found in his car an arsenal of firearms and detailed notes on the Church attack. The guy is also suspected of killing a 32-year old French woman a few days ago.

Crazy shit going on in this world.

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/04/22/french-official-extremist-was-planning-attack-on-church/21174975/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmaing11%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D1114450608

For me, it was crazier seeing that the aol.com domain is still in use.

Look, I really have no problems against muslims but why are they coming to Europe if they don't like it here? Do they just expect us to change our beliefs? That's like going to a person's house as a guest and demanding that he change his rugs or whatever. Why does Europe tolerate this in the first place and why are they letting so many immigrants in? If I were in charge I would not let the percentage of immigrants exceed say 5%. If the percentage is 5% (or more) the doors are closed.

DooM_RO said:

If I were in charge I would not let the percentage of immigrants exceed say 5%. If the percentage is 5% (or more) the doors are closed.

And then you would be labelled a "cookie-cutter crypto fascist" and be picketed everyday by no less than 69 pro-immigration leftist LGBT NGOs, pressure groups, solidarity groups with our "immigrant brothers", "grupos autonomos", "urban collectives", rebels without a cause etc. :-)

Some people simply love sniffing their (used) pakistani flip-flops and need their Habib and Ahmet schlong too much, and think that everybody should try them. If you don't, you're a cookie-cutter right winger petit-burgeois.

Oh, and "Europe" (if there's such a thing as a unified Europe) is content with leaving the vast majority of the real hardcore muslim immigrants drown in the mediterranean or get stuck in perpetual Limbo in Greece or Italy, as "countries of first entry". Also known as "NIMBY" (Not In MY BackYard). Check out the Dublin II agreements for more information.

Perhaps we should really do what the Greek minister of defense threatened to do: wipe our ass with Dublin II, give travel papers to every desperado unconditionally, and flood Europe with WAY too many pakistani flip-flops to be enjoyable. Let every "dumb frank" feel the REAL pressure and BO of three million pakistani desperados at their traffic lights. After all, they have a colonial "white guilt" past to pay for. Poor little Greece didn't have any of that.

And among those millions of desperados there certainly will be some jihadists, hardline muslism or other kind of malevolent agents hiding. Surprisingly, even if they all come from countries with authoritarian regimes in which they were treated "with a slap and a jackboot" all their lives, they all suddenly become experts at knowing what their civic rights are (or should be) in their host countries, even though they are essentially undesirables.

Maes said:

And then you would be labelled a "cookie-cutter crypto fascist" and be picketed everyday by no less than 69 pro-immigration leftist LGBT NGOs, pressure groups, solidarity groups with our "immigrant brothers", "grupos autonomos", "urban collectives", rebels without a cause etc. :-)

WTF. Why does this sound suspiciously similar to feminist propaganda?

DooM_RO said:

WTF. Why does this sound suspiciously similar to feminist propaganda?

Probably because feminists usually tag along/piggyback on such groups (or the other way around). They are communicating vessels, either way.

Maes said:

Probably because feminists usually tag along/piggyback on such groups (or the other way around). They are communicating vessels, either way.

http://www2.potsdam.edu/alcohol/Controversies/KKK-and-WCTU-Partners-in-Prohibition.html#.VTjSkPldXBE

http://www.npr.org/2011/03/25/134849480/the-root-how-racism-tainted-womens-suffrage

What you're saying is true. But there's also instances in history like the WCTU and the KKK working in coordination, to achieve common goals.

Its all relative to the times I guess. People will say what they must in order achieve what they want. That's why we see quotes from respective suffragettes, like Carrie Chapman Catt, saying stuff like:

“White supremacy will be strengthened, not weakened, by women’s suffrage.”

Maes said:

And then you would be labelled a "cookie-cutter crypto fascist"

In your case it'd certainly be justified.

Maes said:

I fail to see why my idea would be unreasonable. Why shouldn't european countries remain european?

DooM_RO said:

I fail to see why my idea would be unreasonable. Why shouldn't european countries remain european?

^^ Ask Graf Zahl above. ;-)

I wonder, Graf, is there a proper answer to the usual cookie-cutter crypto-fascist provocation: "If you like immigrants so much, why don't you take them into your own house"?

Also, what is your stance about Germany (and other EU countries) receiving their fair share of the 1.2 mln (a conservative estimate) illegal immigrants that have entered the "EU" but are stuck in a Limbo in Greece and Italy due to Dublin II? In proportion to country population, ofc, so Germany would get about 300k of them. Hope you have enough stoplights and dirty windshields for everyone ;-)

Or I should just STFU and embrace all of my "fellow underclass brothers" from other countries, like the various "comrades" from all those grupos separatistas, tupamaros, campesinos etc. are telling me?

DooM_RO said:

Look, I really have no problems against muslims but why are they coming to Europe if they don't like it here? Do they just expect us to change our beliefs? That's like going to a person's house as a guest and demanding that he change his rugs or whatever.

They are just going what is expected of a good Muslim. They hate western society. Muhammad perfected society. It's their obligation to make every civilization Islamic through persuasion or the swords. Not hard to understand.

Why does Europe tolerate this in the first place and why are they letting so many immigrants in? If I were in charge I would not let the percentage of immigrants exceed say 5%. If the percentage is 5% (or more) the doors are closed.

The EU is full of self-fellating hippies, but the real reason is the economy replies on an ever expanding population. Why places like Sweden insists on bringing in uneducated Punjabi and Somalis who are nothing but welfare burdens is beyond me. I'd expect educated, suburban Muslims would be the most desirable for integration. But most of the extremist we've been seeing have been from some of the lesser extremist Islamic nations.

DooM_RO said:

Europe has been trying to demolish it's own culture(s) since the fall of the Third Reich. Why? I don't know.

Technician said:

The EU is full of self-fellating hippies, but the real reason is the economy replies on an ever expanding population. Why places like Sweden insists on bringing in uneducated Punjabi and Somalis who are nothing but welfare burdens is beyond me. I'd expect educated, suburban Muslims would be the most desirable for integration. But most of the extremist we've been seeing have been from some of the lesser extremist Islamic nations.

Fantastic! That means we can export all our gypsy scum to other countries! After all, they're middle eastern too!

EDIT:

Oh and just to be clear, just because I hate gypsies does not mean I am racist. It's perfectly normal around here.

Oh and just to be clear, just because I hate gypsies does not mean I am racist. It's perfectly normal around here.

Nice try. Anglosaxon values determine what is and isn't racism, because Americans are the superior race.

Phml said:

Nice try. Anglosaxon values determine what is and isn't racism, because Americans are the superior race.

No, he's right. In the Balkans, it's A-OK to hate gypsies. Nobody here really likes them (other than the aforementioned LGBT leftist tupamaros activists etc.). And even then, there are several "degrees" and clans of gypsies, some more integrated than the others, some more nomadic etc. but certainly far, far removed than what an Englander would think about e.g. Irish travelers.

We have a saying here (loosely translated): "This is the Balkans, it ain't no child's play".

DooM_RO said:

That just means racism against gypsies is perfectly normal around there, not that it isn't racism.

Maes, I hear you. I'm just saying the Western world doesn't care, and see no contradiction in establishing their moral values as objective while judging other impliedly inferior cultures through that lens.

Ergo, American and European academics or activists can make the claim white people are a plague and still be considered tolerant, while a Greek guy who dislikes gypsies is a racist piece of shit. ;)

Gez said:

That just means racism against gypsies is perfectly normal around there, not that it isn't racism.

And then again there's also the point of view (to which I subscribe) that most "racism" is actually "classism" and is related to social status and behavior, more than anything: the same dark-skinned person (gypsy, african-american, pakistani, it doesn't matter) will cause you very different feelings if you see it eyeing your belongings or in a predatory stance while wearing dirty clothes and emitting a strong BO, and if you see it walking downtown clean-shaven, well-groomed and wearing a smart business suit, carrying a small office briefcase.

To be honest, I'd be more uneasy around a clearly poor/disadvantaged person of my own "race", than a clearly well-off person of another race, even if the guy's face looked exactly like the windscreen washing gypsies' ones.

Sadly, our police isn't as competent. E.g. this guy (Dr Shailendra Kumar Rai):

got arrested in a sweep and thrown in the brig with a bunch of actual illegal pakistanis until he could clear his name...yet he's an Indian academic. We say don't judge a man by his appearance, but JUST THIS ONCE, dammit...there's no fucking way anyone sane of mind would confuse a well-dressed middle-class man with the last gypsy or illegal migrant picked off the streets, unless he was really a dumb skin-deep racist.

DooM_RO said:

Fantastic! That means we can export all our gypsy scum to other countries! After all, they're middle eastern too!

They actually come from South East Asia. Semantics, I know.

Technician said:

They actually come from South East Asia. Semantics, I know.

Logically, "middle east" should be the area between "near east" and "far east", but for some reason in English "near east" and "middle east" are exactly synonymous.

Technician said:

The EU is full of self-fellating hippies, but the real reason is the economy replies on an ever expanding population.

Ah, that re-warmed piece of globalist propaganda again. I never heard a satisfactory explanation of how it's possible to have both record-high unemployment for the current youth (at least in the EU, which of course discourages family creations and "baby booms"), and at the same time claim that there's a "demographic problem". If you can't grant full legal employment to everyone now (of the kind that actually generates contributions to pension funds, NB), then why the Hell would you need an uncontrolled flood of mostly low-class, low-education and religiously fanatic 3rd world peasants which will be mostly employed in the "unofficial" sector or illegal activities, and thus solve none of the pension fund problems it's often claimed they will contribute towards? Unless the real goal is to really fuck the EU up.

Technician said:

Why places like Sweden insists on bringing in uneducated Punjabi and Somalis who are nothing but welfare burdens is beyond me. I'd expect educated, suburban Muslims would be the most desirable for integration. But most of the extremist we've been seeing have been from some of the lesser extremist Islamic nations.

Well, the current wars in Syria and Lybia should "yield" their fair share of those. Just wait.

Then again, muslim countries with a viable middle class (such as Turkey) have booming economies and standards of living, and are attractive enough to keep their own best human resources within their own borders. Germany's large Turkish community was actually created when conditions in the Turkish motherland weren't that good (70s-80s).

Technician said:

Europe has been trying to demolish it's own culture(s) since the fall of the Third Reich. Why? I don't know.

Maybe because the concept of a unified "European" culture was flawed to begin with? Today, the term "Europe" has been liberally applied and extended to include even countries like Israel, Russia and Morrocco. What "Europe" are we talking about, then? And that is, without even mentioning more traditional differences such as language, religion and economies/standards of living/cultural heritages.

I don't say, trying to bridge those differences and bringing up the least common denominator among them is certainly a noble attempt, with potentially interesting results. Some may even benefit from it, but in the end you still have to bridge the gap between those who lived under centuries of Ottoman dominion with those that grew up with Viennese waltzes and Swiss chocolate.

Maes said:

Ah, that re-warmed piece of globalist propaganda again. I never heard a satisfactory explanation of how it's possible to have both record-high unemployment for the current youth (at least in the EU, which of course discourages family creations and "baby booms"), and at the same time claim that there's a "demographic problem". If you can't grant full legal employment to everyone now (of the kind that actually generates contributions to pension funds, NB), then why the Hell would you need an uncontrolled flood of mostly low-class, low-education and religiously fanatic 3rd world peasants which will be mostly employed in the "unofficial" sector or illegal activities, and thus solve none of the pension fund problems it's often claimed they will contribute towards? Unless the real goal is to really fuck the EU up.

You said it, not me. I'm trying not to live up to my title.

Maes said:

Maybe because the concept of a unified "European" culture was flawed to begin with? Today, the term "Europe" has been liberally applied and extended to include even countries like Israel, Russia and Morrocco. What "Europe" are we talking about, then?

I'm a purest. Personally I'd add Georgia and Armenia to the list.

Maes said:

I don't say, trying to bridge those differences and bringing up the least common denominator among them is certainly a noble attempt, with potentially interesting results. Some may even benefit from it, but in the end you still have to bridge the gap between those who lived under centuries of Ottoman dominion with those that grew up with Viennese waltzes and Swiss chocolate.

I agree. You have the Balkans who fought hard to reestablish their cultural and tribal identities post Turkish rule and then you have people from Western Europe wondering what all the hubbub is about.

^ That map represents a sort of "maximum common denominator" of what is considered "Europe" in a historical context, including the broader European theater of WW II (without North Africa and the Middle East).

But in recent years, you see countries belonging to the Middle East or the Caucausus being pigeonholed in a sort of extended concept of Europe. For example, Turkey and Israel regularly show up in Eurovision, as well as Georgia and Armenia.

I consider Constantinople European but the Anatolian contentment is a lost cause. If Byzantium was still in control of the area, Asia Minor would be as European and souvlaki. Turkey is just too Middle Eastern influenced, now more so than ever. Azerbaijan is post Soviet Persia as much as their Turkish tongues want to deny the fact. The Caucasus is where we as a European race started.

Maes said:

I never heard a satisfactory explanation of how it's possible to have both record-high unemployment for the current youth (at least in the EU, which of course discourages family creations and "baby booms"), and at the same time claim that there's a "demographic problem". If you can't grant full legal employment to everyone now (of the kind that actually generates contributions to pension funds, NB), then why the Hell would you need an uncontrolled flood of mostly low-class, low-education and religiously fanatic 3rd world peasants which will be mostly employed in the "unofficial" sector or illegal activities, and thus solve none of the pension fund problems it's often claimed they will contribute towards?

Just popping in to say, this has been a serious problem here in AU over the last few years. There's something surreal and disturbing about seeing a once nice, albeit a bit low class neighborhood turn into a straight up slum, due in very large part to the influx of "boat people" as they're called. What's more, it brings my piss to a boil that my mom, married to an Australian citizen for over 25 years with two children who are both Australian citizens, had to fucking bend over backwards to recieve her citizenship, and all the while jobs, meal tickets and "free money" from centrelink are being handed out left right and centre to these "boat people".

Whenever you say this shit you get labelled as racist, but it has absolutely nothing to do with race.. If these ghetto ass boat people who can't even be bothered to learn how to say "yes" and "no" were white, I'd feel the exact fucking same. It's pretty damn frustrating when someone comes into your store, uses their "free" money from the government to buy up a shit ton of your absolute cheapest goods, and they havent even learned what "hello", "bag", "thank you" etc mean. It takes such a miniscule amount of effort to at least learn five or so basic words.. You're coming here illegally, getting free food, rent assistance from the government and all that jazz, and you can't even be bothered to learn how to say "hello"?....

This position always gets labelled as racism or "cultural insensitivity" or whatever, but the thing is, there's no call for illegal immigrants to totally abandon their culture, but they have a responsibility to at least acknowledge that they are coming to a different culture than their own and they have to learn to integrate the two. It's exactly like DooM_RO said, it's like going to another person's home and yelling at them for the color of their rugs.. AFTER being given a hot meal for no charge.

I generally find myself leaning pretty damn far to the left when it comes to political issues, but in this case the line has to be drawn between "saving those who need help" and "killing ourselves to help others". Rudd (former PM) allowed so many illegals into the country between 2007-2012. Gillard (Another former PM, right after Rudd) cops a lot of flak, but her reinstating the Pacific Solution (regulations on illegal immigration) was, overall, a good move. It's going to prevent even more neighborhoods from turning into ghettos. Hopefully the EU can learn from this example.. But hell, no one ever learns from Australia's example.

I really have no problem against immigrants or muslims because I myself might want to move to a different country one day but this whole issue was not handled intelligently by the respective authorities.

Immigrants should be selected from people who actually want to do something useful and have a higher education and are at least tolerant to the culture they are moving to. For a period of 5 years they should be closely monitored through the internet and listening to their phones. If after 5 years they prove themselves to be useful members of society, are able to speak the language of the country at medium level and do not support terrorists like ISIS they have the right to become a citizen. You might say monitoring is immoral but the host country is making an investment by letting an immigrant living on their soil and they should make sure their investment is worthwhile. Just letting every welfare leech into the country and fucking up the demographics is borderline idiotic.

The mentality of the people living in those countries is also wrong. Instead of accepting their every request or putting up with their shit, there should be a mentality of healthy skepticism and asking the immigrant to prove himself at every time, especially if their culture and values are very different.

DooM_RO said:

Look, I really have no problems against muslims but why are they coming to Europe if they don't like it here? Do they just expect us to change our beliefs? That's like going to a person's house as a guest and demanding that he change his rugs or whatever. Why does Europe tolerate this in the first place and why are they letting so many immigrants in? If I were in charge I would not let the percentage of immigrants exceed say 5%. If the percentage is 5% (or more) the doors are closed.

I have no problem with Muslims who wish to live peacefully in Western society, but I have a big problem with the ones that believe in upholding extreme violent religious/political ideology. Sharia law is not compatible with Western society. Period.

My two cents on this: They don't want to assimilate to to any of the Western countries in Europe. Instead, they seek to exploit them by taking advantage of the welfare given to them on a silver platter. This is all on the tax payer's expense which is not at all fair. http://europenews.dk/en/node/93005

Technician said:

They are just going what is expected of a good Muslim. They hate western society. Muhammad perfected society. It's their obligation to make every civilization Islamic through persuasion or the swords. Not hard to understand.

I've always wondered too why the hell Europe (and even the United States) have been hellbent on watering down the culture of their own countries with people who don't appreciate their way of living and expect them to conform to their radical standards.

Doomkid said:

Just popping in to say, this has been a serious problem here in AU over the last few years. There's something surreal and disturbing about seeing a once nice, albeit a bit low class neighborhood turn into a straight up slum, due in very large part to the influx of "boat people" as they're called. What's more, it brings my piss to a boil that my mom, married to an Australian citizen for over 25 years with two children who are both Australian citizens, had to fucking bend over backwards to recieve her citizenship, and all the while jobs, meal tickets and "free money" from centrelink are being handed out left right and centre to these "boat people".

Whenever you say this shit you get labelled as racist, but it has absolutely nothing to do with race.. If these ghetto ass boat people who can't even be bothered to learn how to say "yes" and "no" were white, I'd feel the exact fucking same. It's pretty damn frustrating when someone comes into your store, uses their "free" money from the government to buy up a shit ton of your absolute cheapest goods, and they havent even learned what "hello", "bag", "thank you" etc mean. It takes such a miniscule amount of effort to at least learn five or so basic words.. You're coming here illegally, getting free food, rent assistance from the government and all that jazz, and you can't even be bothered to learn how to say "hello"?....

This position always gets labelled as racism or "cultural insensitivity" or whatever, but the thing is, there's no call for illegal immigrants to totally abandon their culture, but they have a responsibility to at least acknowledge that they are coming to a different culture than their own and they have to learn to integrate the two. It's exactly like DooM_RO said, it's like going to another person's home and yelling at them for the color of their rugs.. AFTER being given a hot meal for no charge.

I generally find myself leaning pretty damn far to the left when it comes to political issues, but in this case the line has to be drawn between "saving those who need help" and "killing ourselves to help others". Rudd (former PM) allowed so many illegals into the country between 2007-2012. Gillard (Another former PM, right after Rudd) cops a lot of flak, but her reinstating the Pacific Solution (regulations on illegal immigration) was, overall, a good move. It's going to prevent even more neighborhoods from turning into ghettos. Hopefully the EU can learn from this example.. But hell, no one ever learns from Australia's example.

Dude you hit the nail right on top of the head here. I absolutely agree. My ancestors came right off the boat from the poorest areas of Southern Italy as far back as the late 1890's to the United States. Immigration policy was so much stricter back then that people were often shipped back if they had any type of diseases or illnesses. That happened to my Great Grandmother who had pink eye at the time. She had to travel back and forth quite a few times. Once they were cleared of any sicknesses, they had to undergo many obstacles in order to earn their citizenship here in the US.

What's happening now with the Mexican immigration is that the once "strict" system implemented by our US Department of Citizenship and Immigration Services is no longer upheld. People are coming into this country with diseases that were once eradicated from the US population. http://www.abc15.com/news/national/immigrants-bringing-diseases-across-border

Also, just like the radical Muslims in Europe, the illegal immigrants from Mexico do not wish to assimilate to our culture and way of living. Instead they leach off the tax payer dollar by getting free health care, schooling, food stamps, and much more. They demand that we speak their language instead of them learning ours. This is a huge slap in the face to the immigrants who came to the US legally. If anyone addresses these problems in the US, you get labeled as an insensitive "racist" or "Islamophobic" (when addressing the radical aspect of some Muslim immigrants). This is what I can't stand (along with a multitude of other reasons) about the political left in my country.

In case anyone isn't aware, there's a rumor that there is an ISIS Camp 8 miles from the US boarder in Mexico. http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2015/04/isis-camp-a-few-miles-from-texas-mexican-authorities-confirm/

the_miano said:

I have no problem with Muslims who wish to live peacefully in Western society, but I have a big problem with the ones that believe in upholding extreme violent religious/political ideology. Sharia law is not compatible with Western society. Period.

My two cents on this: They don't want to assimilate to to any of the Western countries in Europe. Instead, they seek to exploit them by taking advantage of the welfare given to them on a silver platter. This is all on the tax payer's expense which is not at all fair. http://europenews.dk/en/node/93005

And they still think the West oppreses muslims. It's time Europe stopped turning the other cheek. If you want to move to a country with very different values at the very least respect them. For fuck's sake they care more about immigrants than their own people. Does this come from some sort of white guilt?

If I moved to a rich western country I would NOT have the audacity to demand they accept me just because. This is just rude and moronic. No wonder the Middle East is a shithole.