Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Romero

More goodies from Romero (DoomEd source, maps, graphics)

Thank you so much for this! You couldn't possibly release the Doom map sources also? That would be even more awesome! :)

Nice. I believe fraggle has maybe been working on this prior (I guess that is safe to say now). I do not know if he got anywhere with it though.

Note: The file FindLine.m has been accidentally converted to RTF somehow. If you have Windows, you can fix it by loading it in WordPad and then choosing to "Save As" plain text. You may or may not need to normalize linebreaks after doing that though, since it probably turns them into \r\n and I don't know how compilers feel about that for Obj-C.

For the love of meatballs, there are old versions of the maps there, too :-D

I notice a couple of textures listed in Doom 2's oldtexture1.dsp that weren't in the finalized version of Doom or Doom 2. TANROCK1, TANROCK6, and ZIMMER6 at the least. Possibly others, I haven't done a full check. Any chance of seeing the art for those? :)

edit: https://www.diffchecker.com/vfxkuyia I did a diff between oldtexture1.dsp and texture1.dsp. Most of the differences are just the expected Doom1 stuff, but there are several others including CRACKLE1, CRACKLE3, MIDWIND1, MIDWIND2, SPACEW1, SPACEW5, and ZZWOLF8.

I would love to see all the cut textures, flats and other artwork that are in these files.

Wow.

This is a bit off-topic, but - between the still-vibrant community and the friendly developers - Doom is apparently one of these games whose development is known in very close detail.

Romero said:

Ok, I'll get that to you in a few mins.

Holy macaroni!

From the deepest part of my heart, I send my deepest gratitude to you for sharing these assets! These are truly amazing to see, and I'm sure many here share the same sentiment. Many thanks!

Nice.

One question: What graphics tool can still open those .lbm files? Nothing I tried so far worked. :(

Paint Shop Pro seems to handling them just fine.

Though apparently a program called XnViewMP can handle them too.

I'm sifting through these right now. Luckily PSP7 is tackling those LBMs nicely.

Quick snapshot of some interesting stuff:

Major thanks to Romero once again for posting this awesome stuff! Now we need a brave volunteer to get DoomEd back up and running so we can take a look at those map files... :D

[EDIT] Also hidden in one of the sprite wads:

Boom. Official pistol pickup sprite.

Xaser said:

Major thanks to Romero once again for posting this awesome stuff! Now we need a brave volunteer to get DoomEd back up and running so we can take a look at those map files... :D

You should be able to convert them to proper maps by running them through IDBSP which you can find on /idgames.

Thank you based Doom God. Also, tell Adrian we say hi and thanks for the extra sprites!

Edit: Best necrobump in the history of Doomworld, maybe?