• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cire

Zauberer

about the flotation device rule of cool i guess XD

about the monster, im not sure, ettin maybe ill think about it

EDIT

okay here are the concepts for the player charas together. they still need lots of adjustment of course. during summer vacations ill work on this guys. it should go smootly since maz has agreed to help out

i know the mage looks awful, ill probably recolor the green to red, that should help i think

Just had a thought: if this picks up enough momentum, would one of the goals be to replace the levels in the expansion, Deathkings of the Dark Citadel, as well, or are we doing just the original levels?

Yeah, I've also thought of this. I Think a Deathkings replacement should be done, but that would be after the main game is done. Any idea what such an expansion could be called. What about "Zauberer: The Rise of Darkness"?
Edit: Perhaps the endboss of Zauberer could look similar to this?: http://mummiesalive.wikia.com/wiki/Apep

i may give it a try. althoug i was hoping we could go with somethig really inhuman for the final monster. some sort of lovecraftian abomination or something

Another question: would the deathmatch maps in Deathkings (MAP33-38) be replaced with other deathmatch maps, or would they be made into standard levels?

A new light

A few months after the infection began to spred across the world a powerful magical arfifact was discovered.

A general with a intrest in the occult decided that the only way to stop the infected was to use the artifact to summon an ancient war god.
The artifact started to glow and a voice spoke.
”I am Sekhmet, Mistress of Dread, who summons me?!”
”Your humble servent , Powerful One, grant us the power to destroy our enemies.”
“Serve me and in return your armies will be unstopable.”
With Sekhmets might and the Staff of Domination, the generals armies began their conquest to unite the Wastland. For several months they won victories over all who opposed them, men or infected alike. Noone seemed to stop them. But it was not to last. The infection was only the beginning, soon legions of demons began to apper in the Wastland.

“Anhur,I call you into this world. Come and take your place at my side.”
“Yes, my Menhet. At last we will have our revenge.

“Mankind is weak, they cant stand against the forces of Apep, our ancient enemy. We will create an army to bring order to the world and purge the taint of chaos. Men shall see the light or be destroyed!”
“Yes my Menhet.”

This is the first rough concept.

Concept for spells and weapons for the mage:
Fireball: area-of-effect attack, medium damage
Scourging Breath: cone attack, must be stationery to use
Septer of Was, endgame staff
Purifying Flame, summoned melee weapon, high damage

Ha ha, I like how this is sort of becoming an insane fusion of Heretic, Strife, and Powerslave. Kinda neat.

Well if we're taking influence from Egyptian mythology, one specific story legend thing I recall that could be a good source of inspiration is that of the eye of Ra.

Basically, the people of the world are bad and evil, so Ra sends down his eye to split some heads and teach them all a lesson. But her bloodlust proves too great, and she starts offing everyone indiscriminately. So the rest of the gods manage to trick her into drinking alcohol died red with ochre, thinking that it was blood.

Then they drag her drunk ass back home Turn out she just wandered back home. The end.

A new light

In an age long forgotten, when gods ruled the earth, mankind rebelled against the creator Ra. He decided to send the Sekhmet, goddess of war and fire, to punish mankind. She began her rampage. The fields ran with human blood. However, Ra was not a cruel deity, and the sight of the carnage caused him to repent. He ordered her to stop, but she was in a blood lust and would not listen. So Ra poured blood red beer in her path. She gorged on the "blood" and became so drunk she slept for three days. When she awoke, her blood lust had dissipated, and humanity was saved.
So later when Sekhmet ran away Ra became furios that she dared defy him again. Anhur, the god of war, vowed to bring her back from the distant land of Nubia to appeasse Ra, but when he finally caught up with Sekhmet, he was enraupted and fell in love. He led her back home, where he requested Sekhmet to become his wife.
Ra refused, fearing their power. He made the Scepter of Was to contain the power of Sekhmet. Ra gave the scepter to the first god-king of Kemet. For almost 3000 years they ruled by the power of the scepter, until the kingdom fell to foregin invaders and the staff was lost.
A warlord decided that the scepter was the weapon that would end the stailmate in the Wastland.
The artifact started to glow and a voice spoke.
”I am Sekhmet, Mistress of Dread, who summons me?!”
”Your humble servant , Powerful One, grant us the power to destroy our enemies.”
“Serve me and in return your armies will be unstoppable.”
With Sekhmets blessing, the warlord began his quest to unite the Wastland. For several months they defeted over all who opposed them. But it was not to last. Legions of demons and undead began to apper in the Wastland.

“Anhur, I call you into this world. Come and take your place at my side.”
“Yes, my Menhet. At last we will have our revenge.”
“The power of the enemy is growing. Mankind is weak. We shall create an army to bring order to the world. Men shall see the light or be destroyed!”
“Yes my Menhet.”
Raymoohawk, how goes it with the character model?

sorry, i havent gotten around to it. this is the last week of school, so ill be able to work on it soon

Game concept

I was thinking we could have a "Rage-mode" for the mage, similar to Brutal Doom, but a little different.
Every enemy that's not undead drops a thing that increases say, 5% life and 5% rage. When the rage counter reaches 100 you get a powerful melee weapon, max hp and speed is raised when it's activated. Normal medkits are beer cans that increases life but decreases rage.

Would this be possible to do though?

If Zauberer aims to be a free replacement for Hexen much like FreeDOOM is for DOOM, then no, because such a concept doesn't exist in Hexen.

DragonMorpheus said:

If Zauberer aims to be a free replacement for Hexen much like FreeDOOM is for DOOM, then no, because such a concept doesn't exist in Hexen.

What? id probably never expected that people would make a free software clone of their game but the community did it anyway. What's wrong with Hexen?

If I were to use any argument against the project, it would be that Blasphemer and especially Freedoom should get this attention instead, seeing as there are far larger libraries of usermade content for those games than Hexen.

That being said, I see no problem with reusing assets between all three projects (if permissions can be sorted, licenses are similar but different). Quality over quantity, IMO. Even if that means cheap recolors and more repetition: at least it brings some consistency and would be tweaked to look good in whatever context a particular asset is used in.

I don't quite get what you're getting at, Sodaholic. I was speaking out against the gameplay concept Cire suggested. In Hexen, the Mage never had a "rage" mechanic.

DragonMorpheus said:

I don't quite get what you're getting at, Sodaholic. I was speaking out against the gameplay concept Cire suggested. In Hexen, the Mage never had a "rage" mechanic.

Oh, I hadn't read the rest of the thread yet. You should use @ or a quote, as I thought it was a more general reply to the whole project. Jumping to stupid conclusions, my bad.

And yeah, just read Cire's proposal: please dear god no. Also, not possible if using unmodified Hexen behavior, which is most certainly what Zauberer should be doing (i.e. nothing as far as the engine goes, it should be compatible with Chocolate Hexen at least).

cire your proposal could well become the first zauberer specific mod, but we need the hexen compatible iwad first.

i've talked in the past against the re-usage of resources between the 3 free projects and i stand by it. the occasional modified texture is fine, and even heavily modifying sprites from freedoom to get a new monster, but using enemy sprites that are recognizably the same would not only look bad, it would make our projects less valuable as resources. right now there’s people who are willing to do artwork for this projects, might as well take advantage of this while it lasts.

OK, we'll definitly drop this idea for the IWAD and maybe do this as a mod instead later on.

sorry for the apparent inactivity

here are test frames of the fighter, im calling her anahit for now,

also devianteist, has agreed to design and model the korax replacement. he will be working off the sketch i showed earlier

you can see an example of his work in here:

http://devianteist.deviantart.com/art/WIP-Serpentipede-537995208

once the model is done i will pose and paint it in zbrush, its renders will then be edited into sprites

here is a texture i hastily put together from scratch

i'll try to take into consideration the egyptian-ish aztec-ish aesthetic next time, i totally forgot this time around