Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cire

Zauberer

Ok, check it now (previous page). I redid it using the Hexen palette. I'll wait with the commit to Github though, I might have another one coming.

Ok I got sidetracked so I'll just push what we have now :) Made a pull request to CireG's repo, the three sprites are identical and I don't know what to call the pickup sound yet.

Voros said:

Send it to this one: https://github.com/Voros2/zauberer-iwad (bmp format please, for consistency).

A question, in the zauberer-iwad Readme you write that you want cyan to be RGB 0, 255, 255. The closest color to this in the Hexen palette is color index #223 which is 80, 236, 252. Do you want me to convert to 24-bit BMP format and replace the cyan I used (color index #223)? I used 8-bit graphics, 256 colors.

On 2/8/2017 at 3:18 PM, Voros said:

I feel like Nikita won't give an answer in time.

Sorry, I got enormous troubles in real life, after making a post on Internet criticizing Russian invasion of Syria and Ukraine, and ending up in federal news. http://rapsinews.com/news/20170421/278336167.html Had to run away from Russia to Ukraine, so now I will be sentenced to 5 to 10 years in prison on return to Russia. My smartphone, ipad and notebook were confiscated, but I will continue designing sound effects for Zauberer when I get proper computer. For now you can use this sound effect under whatever license and format you like.

Holy shit, that's insane. Good luck in salvaging your life and freedom!

"Criticizing Russian invasion of Syria and Ukraine" ≠ "an extremist video containing calls aimed at incitement of enmity and hatred against Russian people". Which one was it?

Just now, Da Werecat said:

"Criticizing Russian invasion of Syria and Ukraine" ≠ "an extremist video containing calls aimed at incitement of enmity and hatred against Russian people". Which one was it?

Most certainly the former. You think the Kremlin is honest about these kinds of things?

Given what's been happening with the Whitehouse here in the US, I never thought I'd join the legions of babyboomers who hate (not merely distrust and dislike) the Russian government. Turns out, they were right...

2 minutes ago, Blastfrog said:

Most certainly the former. You think the Kremlin is honest about these kinds of things?

I think the giant machine of oppression has more important things to do. But it doesn't matter what I think. Which is why I asked.

If the giant machine of oppression had more important things to do than oppression, then it wouldn't be a giant machine of oppression, it'd be a giant machine of something more important.

1 minute ago, Da Werecat said:

I think the giant machine of oppression has more important things to do.

And I think that trying to make an example of "what happens" to people who fearlessly broadcast unapproved political views is a part of that oppression process. No, they don't actually care that Nikita said those things, he just happened to be one of the unlucky ones.

5 minutes ago, Blastfrog said:

And I think that trying to make an example of "what happens" to people who fearlessly broadcast unapproved political views is a part of that oppression process.

Well, thank you for your input.

18 minutes ago, Da Werecat said:

Well, thank you for your input.

You're welcome, I suppose. I get the feeling you're being sarcastic, are you?

23 hours ago, Nikita_Sadkov said:

I will be sentenced to 5 to 10 years in prison on return to Russia.

5-10 for speaking out against militarism? That's harsh.

I really have nothing constructive to say, so I just send you my best wishes and I hope that things somehow work out for you.

Stay strong!

On 5/24/2017 at 3:37 PM, Da Werecat said:

I think the giant machine of oppression has more important things to do. But it doesn't matter what I think. Which is why I asked.

If the 20th century taught the world anything, it should be that there is no limit to the pettiness of autocrats. Our dear leader Twitter Fingers is teaching this lesson yet again, but thankfully his powers are far more limited than Putin's (for now).

And condolences for your situation, Nikita. I hope you get a new computer soon.

Edited by Woolie Wool

Knowing what could be is unsettling, but I don't think it should cloud our perception of what is. Doubt is good.

Just now, Da Werecat said:

Knowing what could be is unsettling, but I don't think it should cloud our perception of what is. Doubt is good.

The very definition of victim blaming. If you want to doubt someone, doubt the people who hold power, not the people their power is used to oppress. Do you sealion discussions of racism too?

The fact that victim-blaming is often used to whitewash the real perpetrators doesn't mean that you should always be on the supposed victim's side. And it doesn't matter who holds more power: the state is pretty powerful by definition - doesn't mean it's more likely to be wrong.

Although I feel like inserting a disclaimer here: I don't know if you should be arrested for whatever he did, but there's a difference between being arrested for what he did and being arrested for criticizing the government in a semi-civil way.

Next time someone will tell you that they accidentally farted on the Red Square and barely escaped with their life, while their entire family was shot in retribution. I fear there's gonna be a lot of people eager to eat it up and throw snarl words like "sealioning" and "victim-blaming" at anyone who'd rather know all the facts before handing out verdicts.

What I'm somewhat regretting is derailing the thread even more. So I'd rather receive any further accusations in my status update.

If you don't want to derail the thread DONT POST IN THE THREAD JUST TO WHORE OUT HOW YOU DON'T LIKE THING

Thanks Nikita, Zauberer is in a great need of textures and sprites.

MrGamer donated more music to Zauberer a whille ago; all his FastTracker 2 songs and about 70 MP3's.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ruab0s6kjhhsguh/andreas_rohdin_-_mp3s.7z?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5x4krz7y2ja433p/mrgamer_-_all_fasttracker2_modules.7z?dl=0

If anyone wants to use his music in other projects, MrGamer also gave his permission for this with the additional requirement being that you have to give credits to him.

Did MrGamer allowed modification/remixing or you can only use them as is? What is the license? Because it would be nice to say translate them to MIDI files.

Oh boy, just look at this mess... well okay then, I'll insert my 5 cents into Sadkov's situation.

Spoiler

On 24.05.2017 at 11:20 PM, Blastfrog said:

You think the Kremlin is honest about these kinds of things?

Better question is: WHO EVER HONEST THESE DAYS. I'll tell ya: NO ONE.

On 24.05.2017 at 7:54 PM, Nikita_Sadkov said:

I got enormous troubles in real life, after making a post on Internet criticizing Russian invasion of Syria and Ukraine, and ending up in federal news.

While your link said, ummmm....

Sadkov published on social media an extremist video containing calls aimed at incitement of enmity and hatred against Russian people. A few days after, on August 21, the man set the Russian national flag on fire near the Kremlin.

And about 'invasion'. Remind me did Assad called US for 'help'? Non? Then why my country 'invaded' into Syria while Assad INVITED us for help? Boy, you said something that really claims you as an liar.

===

On other news, I was interested in donating some stuff before going into army. I'll have vacation in December so I'll be able to draw something for your project too.

@Nikita_Sadkov Yup, MrGamer did allow usage of the music in any way whatsoever, all he asks for is credit if they're used outside of Zauberer. No specific license beyond that. If anyone can help with translating into MIDI, that would actually be very useful and appreciated.

@CWolf Great, that's appreciated, thanks!