Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cire

Zauberer

Thanks Snakecharmer, I'll be sure to check it out. I'll also drop by when I have the time. Never used IRC before, guess I'll setup a client at my home computer.

On 2017-10-02 at 5:43 PM, Voros said:

How about Discord instead?

Well, sure if anyone want to do that be my guest. I'm a bit skeptic to Discord because it's exactly like IRC but with lots of emojis. There is also vendor lock-in and the risk of them mining/selling your data for strange purposes, but perhaps that's just me :)

Possible quartz flask (ptn2*):

ptn2a0.png.7b62313dc22c0bca3fc3139f6edcf1dc.pngptn2b0.png.79e196d9a990c20b2e202d185bf7bf49.pngptn2c0.png.2c6f0b4c4371ac320124565719e7330b.png

ptn2.gif.c4c6fa943994f00d36a8c9a473ec418c.gif

20 hours ago, Cire said:

Thanks Snakecharmer, I'll be sure to check it out. I'll also drop by when I have the time. Never used IRC before, guess I'll setup a client at my home computer.

Yeah do that, there is also a webchat, perhaps I should have mentioned that :)

http://webchat.quakenet.org/

That quartz flask looks nice, I'll add it shortly. And thanks for saying there's a webchat, guess that'll be simpler to use. :)

On 10/4/2017 at 6:50 PM, Snakecharmer said:

Possible quartz flask (ptn2*):

ptn2a0.png.7b62313dc22c0bca3fc3139f6edcf1dc.pngptn2b0.png.79e196d9a990c20b2e202d185bf7bf49.pngptn2c0.png.2c6f0b4c4371ac320124565719e7330b.png

ptn2.gif.c4c6fa943994f00d36a8c9a473ec418c.gif

Yeah do that, there is also a webchat, perhaps I should have mentioned that :)

http://webchat.quakenet.org/

I'm sure these transparent objects are drawn differently

https://pikishi.deviantart.com/art/Gemstone-Tutorial-196103236

https://pikishi.deviantart.com/art/Crystals-Progress-Tutorial-202585015

here is my edit

flask.png

Yeah, seems like an improvement to me, probably similar to what Snakecharmer originaly had in mind? Perhaps someone can animate it too?

Thanks Nikita, shading is hard sometimes.

Here is a version with rising bubbles:

n-ptn2a0.png.c5d3f3d6c3d5f73b2a1d7156bbcca65d.pngn-ptn2b0.png.895deb9748514315baa201103799c9f7.pngn-ptn2c0.png.60553894162764be1501c0fe6affb2f4.png

ptn2.gif.fa346e08ea18a615e53cb069c7a2a4da.gif

Here is also an Amulet of Warding (arm4). It has only one frame in Hexen so it's one frame here too:

arm4a0.png.3b3a29cc3c4390d287823954a6efc984.png

arm4a0-large.png.c78aaa9d3e21e9f66ffe3ccdb20b2ad0.png

trying to extract/explode zaub.wad with deutex and I get

E TX13 TEXTURE2: too many textures (1919895099/8192)

On 10/12/2017 at 10:37 AM, Cire said:

Ok, I'm hospitalized atm, will have a look at it when I get home. 

Really sorry to read this, hope you get better soon.

On 10/12/2017 at 9:37 AM, Cire said:

Ok, I'm hospitalized atm, will have a look at it when I get home. 

Was really shocked to read this. Don't worry about it, get well and best wishes!

What gave you that thought? Projects like these are immortal and never dies. You'll come to realize that when you understand the free/libre/open source concept. 

Anyway. I'm back at the mental ward for the time being. However, I'll son be released again, and then I can become more active again. Hopefully. 

I'll add Nikita sadkov's sounds when i get home. I guess I'll thank him here,  as it's obviously not possibly to do so in The original thread. That's all for now,  I guess...

@Apaul27 There was an attempt at such a Project but it basically didn't really get anywhere afaik. There was a discussion thread here:

and also here where there was also a very incomplete placeholder PWAD released here:

On 28/11/2017 at 3:49 PM, Jon said:

trying to extract/explode zaub.wad with deutex and I get

E TX13 TEXTURE2: too many textures (1919895099/8192)

FWIW I poked at this a bit more, the issue is the TEXTURE2 lump is some kind of source format, rather than the binary format expected by hexen (and tools):

>>> wad = open("zaub.wad").read()
>>> t2 = wad[65971:65971+126]
>>> print t2
;Format of textures:
;TextureName    Width   Height
;*      PatchName       Xoffset Yoffset
POOT                    64      64
*       W_240           0       0
;End

Ah the format is likely the deutex format.

Edited by Jon

True that. But I made a proper placeholder IWAD based on the original one leilei made for blasphemer with my own created texture definitions. Will upload it later when I get back to my home computer

On 5/4/2018 at 8:37 AM, Cire said:

True that. But I made a proper placeholder IWAD based on the original one leilei made for blasphemer with my own created texture definitions. Will upload it later when I get back to my home computer

would that be this one? i found it on my computer from 2014

ZAUBERER.zip

Hey, thanks for the re-up, and sorry for late reply! Not sure could be, will check it out. I don't Think I ever got my own texture definitions to work properly anyway though when I did it by that menthod (creating them in Slade which I presume is what leilei also did for the heretic placeholder WAD.)

Still looking for more Resources for the Project btw, primarily Graphics (textures and sprites) would be beneficial for me, in case anyone's got any to spare or know of anyone who does :)

ShadesMaster has kindly given his blessing for use of his Hexen mapset Hexen - Shades of Darkness in Zauberer. Kind thanks to him! I haven't checked it out in detail yet, but I suspect it will need some rework to be useable with Zauberer. Any external help from the Community with this task would also be greatly appreciated. I will attempt to do some retexturing myself, which I presume will be necessary, though depending on the magnitude, I will probably not be able to complete it alone.

You can find ShadesMaster's mapset here: https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60075

I have an aquaintance who maybe is interested in helping out with designing a map for Zauberer.

Thanks for your interest! Well, I'm still around, and doing quite well nowadays actually. Allthough there's been a lack of progress on the Project in the latest time, due to no submissions of work material, so that's basically the reason for the quietness on my end at least. I would love to put out a new prototype of it, but it probably wouldn't be much Point in releasing a new one if it doesn't have any new features to offer.

On 8/21/2018 at 10:50 AM, Cire said:

Thanks for your interest! Well, I'm still around, and doing quite well nowadays actually. Allthough there's been a lack of progress on the Project in the latest time, due to no submissions of work material, so that's basically the reason for the quietness on my end at least. I would love to put out a new prototype of it, but it probably wouldn't be much Point in releasing a new one if it doesn't have any new features to offer.

I could possibly make a level or two

I'm not well versed in map building, but I could also write intermission screens as needed

I want this to happen

Thanks, really appreciate it! Would be really cool. I really want this to happen too.

4 hours ago, Cire said:

Thanks, really appreciate it! Would be really cool. I really want this to happen too.

Do we have a Hub 1 Mission 1 yet?

Well, yeah, Angry Saint did submit a Mission 1 map to Zauberer here: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/hexen/g-i/ipri001

I Believe that's basically the only map we've got that's finished at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Cire said:

Well, yeah, Angry Saint did submit a Mission 1 map to Zauberer here: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/hexen/g-i/ipri001

I Believe that's basically the only map we've got that's finished at the moment.

Alright. Mission two it is. Just so you know I've only made three maps in Doom Builder before

I have no clue how to make things into hubs