Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cire

Zauberer

I tried dragging and dropping the zaub.wad into zdoom.exe and launching with hexen just now, and the first thing I see is the Zauberer title screen Picture. If you don't see the Zauberer logo after start up, then it means that the Zauberer PWAD didn't load properly. No idea why that would happen.

Mechadon is good with Zauberer using any of his fonts. However, it should be noted that a few of them are not made from scratch (Black Forest is one, also it's hires so it would have to be scaled down). Catharsis should be OK, though it's already in use by Blashpemer, and while Mechadon gave his blessing for using it in Zauberer too, I want to hear if what the Community Thinks of sharing this font between the two Projects (even if only as a placeholder for Zaub)?

Isn't Zauberer supposed to be a sequel to Blasphemer?

And you could always make minor modifications to the font.

Yeah, I was just asking out of politness, but since the license allows it, and Mechadon gave permission, I Think it's good to go. :)

Cool.

Oh hey, map02 is filled with HOMs/missing textures. Why?

Yes Zauberer PWAD loaded correctly.

It's because map02 was built around an external resource pack that contained non-free Resources. The map needs to be retextured and having items changed and possibly other things.

I did a Little bit of retexturing but I've been to lazy to finish it, sorry! :D

Can you finish it now? Or maybe someone else would like to step up.

Cause really, those HOMs are a pain in the ass to have.

I can try to work on it, but I'm pretty imexperienced in Doom mapping. If someone else feels like fixing the map, feel free to.

raymoohawk said:

you never get tired of playing the victim do you?

Well... he just banned me outright, without bothering to check if that is real sound or just a joke description on my side. Fire first, ask later. Even if a user has dozens of legit submissions.

Cire said:

I'm glad to announce that MrGamer is still very much into this Project and has donated 218 of his tunes to our Project. They can be downloaded here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zphmfw1it1wsj9e/AABbzrkeaynyj7pms20NNtT5a?dl=0

Cheers! :)

Heh. Yeah, I made a post about it.
https://www.doomworld.com/vb/freedoom/92099-im-back-stronger-better-faster-and-even-more-handsome-somehow-xd/

Yes, I am very much with the project! And soon, new music will be produced and since both Erik and I live in neighboring towns it's silly NOT to be IRL-Friends when you're like 5 minutes by bus from the guy :D

So I will make some time and visit as soon as I am able!

---- But watch out Erik! I am a Brastabonne! And you? You are a sillstrypare ffs! and we Brastabönnar are notorious for being "not inavlade" so I might appear strange to you :) :D :P xD ----

Welcome.
If you aske me I think that question is perhaps best to ask the original submitter. I'm still new and confused by the inner workings of Heretic/Hexen/whatever-id-product-derivative.

I'll probably just find out which sound is used in game via playing Hexen. I feel like Nikita won't give an answer in time. Pretty new with the inner workings of these non-Doom games too.

Another thing, here is a little doodle that perhaps can be of use:

Larger:

I thought it could be a possible crystal vial replacement. I made it with the Blasphemer palette but they already have a crystal vial (actually bottle).

I can fork the Github-repo and add it if it's of any use.

Sure thing, but where do I find the palette? The sprites in the Zauberer repo have palettes that differ quite a bit. I can with some effort make it "from scratch" using the values listed here: https://zdoom.org/wiki/Palette . The Hexen and Doom palettes seem to use different indexes for cyan though. Perhaps it doesn't matter that much at this early stage?