Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Imback55

Nothing New On idgames Lately

It's been two weeks since there was anything new updated on idgames. Does anybody know why there hasn't anything new?

Guest Unregistered account

Give it a day.

Not much the mods can say (apart from Ty when he next stops by), since the idgames archive isn't part of Doomworld.

roadworx said:

mods pls resopnd

Yeah, mods. Get your shit together! Waddup with your silence?! It's like y'all aint't even control idgames anymore!

billbuckner said:

Folks it's been a good run but it looks like Doom is over.

We can always use our cloud storage services, and a bit of static HTML, to host our own content for the world.

The catch is that you need a website like Doomworld.com to link to yours.

Guest Unregistered account

This thread's starting to remind me of Team Fortress 2 at the moment.

Either Ty is busy or something bad happened to him. It would be nice if someone in the community was in contact in him since he's such an important person for the scene.

Breezeep said:

If Ty is dead, or the archive goes down, we're screwed.

I was under the impression that after the cdrom.com debacle, a few third parties like mancubus.net and Doom Wad Station were taking care to have a backup of idgames to make sure the files aren't lost in case anything like that were to happen again?

If anything crazy happens we can all throw some dough to whomever picks up the torch, money for servers or whatever.

Ty mysteriously vanishes around the same time that Bethesda and Steam unveil the new Steam Workshop model for "content creator" compensation...? Dangerous Days ahead, my friends. Time to back up your PWADs and store them in an EMP-shielded vault.

kmxexii said:

Ty mysteriously vanishes around the same time that Bethesda and Steam unveil the new Steam Workshop model for "content creator" compensation...? Dangerous Days ahead, my friends. Time to back up your PWADs and store them in an EMP-shielded vault.

Way ahead of you :)

Has Ty left without notice for around a week anytime previously? If so, then I don't think there's much to worry about.

However, if he wishes to avoid anymore "Where's Ty?!?" threads he should at least leave a note. Something like: "WENT TO BAHAMAS EAT SHIT AND DIE." So there's no confusion for when he does go to said Bahamas.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time he's been out for more than a week. Probably busy elsewhere. One week is too soon, IMO, to be concerned. Wait a bit longer.

A glance at LAST.30days would suggest Ty's been absent for maybe 3 weeks, if it's vacation time he'd better bring back some bloody good snapshots.

Piper Maru said:

There are millions of WADs out there, I'm sure you'll find something to pass the time.

Only until Zenimax rewrites the EULA to restrict the distribution of third-party content to authorised outlets. :P

A man who selflessly donated 15 years of his life to maintaining a community archive may be lying in hospital, and said community seems to be preoccupied entirely with the fate of the archive. How delightfully post-modernist!

I'm honestly afraid this is one of these threads which builds up to a single post saying "I just got a call from his great-great-grandfather. Ty Halderman died from cancer while committing suicide during a car accident."