Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomedout

Ways in which D3 can scare the living sh*** out of you?

1.- Sound is the clue...
Guts being ripped, gunshots from the doomed people at the end of the corridor, the cry of the lost souls... a marine calling his mother, the sound of a echoed prayer to a forbbiden god.

2.- Visuals can help... a lot.
You enter a room, and you hear something dripping, you turn the lights on but there's just some flickering... then you see a marine crucified to a wall.

3.- The information always helps.
I suppose that the helmet has some communication system, so let's say your's broken so you can just listen to what happens, but you cannot answer back. The sound of your falling commarades floods your helmet every soo often.

Alboroto said:

1.- Sound is the clue...
Guts being ripped, gunshots from the doomed people at the end of the corridor, the cry of the lost souls... a marine calling his mother, the sound of a echoed prayer to a forbbiden god.

Yeah, marines calling for their mothers. I'd love to see some Saving Private Ryan kind of realism with Marines crying to make you feel really desperate and alone. It would add a lot to the atmosphere IMO.

that would be tight alfrondo...but i hope we can see some real torture scenes and another tight aspect would be having marines(that were not plagued) to fight alongside you at least in one stage and watching in awe when one of the big demon picks him up and rips his head off throws it at you and eats the dead marine whole, all the while everybody is goin nuts pumping bullets. simultanenous process of elimination..one by one each marine goes down until its just you.

FEAR FACTOR
check this out....doom3 snagged the best sound as well LOL

heres what gamespy had to say
Best Sound
DOOM III

Sound in a game is extremely important. Ideally, if a game's sound is done well, you can close your eyes and get a good feel for what is happening on the screen. DOOM III is doing the job so well that players may end up having to change their shorts.

Watching the video, you could close your eyes and hear the screams and echoes of footsteps through the corridors. Gunshots and gutteral sounds went hand-in-hand. And even the sounds of the heartbeats got louder and louder, until you realized ... the heartbeat was yours. The sound set the mood of a horrifying experience going on in the game. Granted, the video was created for effect. But what an effect!

Hmm, nightmares and fears...

So tell me - was your mother good to you?

Do you feel anticipaty for your father then?

How often do you think bout the suiside?

What are you fear in your past?

Are you feeling bad becouse of no-attention-was-done-to-you?

Do you feel bouthered by nothing-to-do and emty-mindless things?

Hey, what the color of the wind?

*me plays doctor... hey that mean that you are patient then...

Having the former humans show a few glimpses of their former humanity at times would be cool too. Momentarily they look a though they could be saved just to revert to their "normal" behaviour again.

See, that would be scary.

doomedout said:
[..] and another tight aspect would be having marines(that were not plagued) to fight alongside you at least in one stage and watching in awe when one of the big demon picks him up and rips his head off throws it at you and eats the dead marine whole, all the while everybody is goin nuts pumping bullets. simultanenous process of elimination..one by one each marine goes down until its just you. [/B]

Other marines??? OTHER NPC MARINES???
No fucking thanks!!!!
That was an aspect which ruined the fun of MoH:AA imo - these stupid NPCs shot you in the back an ran into your line of fire, damn annoying! Besides, I want to kill my enemies ALONE and not have NPCs kill most of them for me.

I hope none of MoH's annoying crap makes it into Doom 3 and definitely not NPC marines to fight by your side. And so far, Doom 3 doesn't look anything like it's going to have that kind of shit.

COME ON DSM..admit it....ADMIT IT...it would be awesome..at least to supplement the REALISM value some more...one guy taking a host of baddies is way too cliched man. ID must come up with new ideas to pull it off in gameplay to win appeal...and man are they getting criticized by an obviously biased unreal2003 forum

I want to see a demon that has 2 rocket launchers and 2 times larger than the Cyber Demon....

*coughallhell.wadcough*

Hmm,but being more serious: monsters suddenly battering through walls and ceilings when you think youre safe

walking along a corridoor and suddenly a ripped-off head is thrown around the corner,followed seconds later by an enemy still carrying the body it belonged to

going through some normal,undisturbed moon base for ages,then suddenly entering a room full of corpses (saw that in the 'memento mori' doom story ((not related to the wad..i dont think anyway)) )

seeing the zombification process (going through a morgue full of dead bodies,rounding a corner and looking in a mirror..suddenly you see one of the bodies walking round the corner behind you)

Ghosts (well why not?)-maybe bullets go through them and only certian weapons can hurt them

New monsters made to be scary,not just monsters..a sort of "playing on peoples psychological fears" thing..such as huge,black spiders,tentacled beasts that reach out through air vents and drag people off

Monsters like the lost souls in immoral conduct (STEALTH special tag in EDGE DDF),ie theyre invisible unless in pain or attacking..

and just really fast,thin and dark monsters leaving players wondering "did i just see something move?"

Fredrik said:

<cyberdemon> where's my mommy?!!

=) You made a smile appear on my face... ROFL

Disorder said:

=) You made a smile appear on my face... ROFL

Always at your service to amuse ;)

i kinda like the NPC who fight along with me in MOH.they are quite smart and save my ass many times.it did add the feel of WAR.(you are soldier,you have to follow command and work with others)i have been immersed with it.

but,please no other marine fighting in the same side with me.DOOM is all about one man VS the whole army of DEAD.this is what i considered DOOMish.

doomedout said:

COME ON DSM..admit it....ADMIT IT...it would be awesome..at least to supplement the REALISM value some more...one guy taking a host of baddies is way too cliched man. ID must come up with new ideas to pull it off in gameplay to win appeal...and man are they getting criticized by an obviously biased unreal2003 forum

NO it would not, at least not to me. That sort of thing doesn't appeal to me any more (it did when I was still a kid. And don't give me that realism value shit in regards to one man killing scores of enemies - it's Doom, Doom's not all about realism, it's about being YOU alone against the forces of evil.

I don't give a shit about what these Unreal freaks think - they like Unreal, I like id's type of games, and I say it's important for id to go with their own style - that's what they're good at and that's what their fans expect of them.
An FPS with annoying friendly NPCs killing half the baddies for you wouldn't be an id game. I don't mind friendly NPCs as long as there are only few of them and as long as they don't fight alongside you or get in your way.

you my friend have inveterate perceptions about doom3 and oppose change...as all long time id fans do..they are averse to change. Man i grew up on doom3 and change is for the good. They need to emphasize more on gameplay than graphics. Turning it into a typical fps would never compensate shit i gotta go...

Although the demo didn't impress me from a gameplay point of view, I am pretty sure the final game will amaze us...

doomedout said:

you my friend have inveterate perceptions about doom3 and oppose change...as all long time id fans do..they are averse to change. Man i grew up on doom3 and change is for the good. They need to emphasize more on gameplay than graphics. Turning it into a typical fps would never compensate shit i gotta go...

Hey, I expect a certain type of gameplay from id's games - if I wanted something differen't, I'd just go and play a game made by a different company 'aight?