Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Your thoughts on Killing Floor 2 so far?

I love the original Killing Floor and still play it for the most part instead of the recently released Killing Floor 2 which just got released in early access because of the later's lack of content currently. But still, the game is already pretty damn fun even with the few number of maps and guns.

How are you liking the sequel so far. Or if you have not played Killing Floor at all do you think you will check out these games at some point?

I'm sure I'll get it for $2 from Humble in a year or two. My Steam friends seem to love it. I've really only played the original twice and it feels like I spent more time messing with controls. The first time I played I got my feet wet in some single player, its a cool game, then I played multiplayer and it just lasted forever. I was bored long before the level / wave was done. If I want wave combat I'll play MVM.

Shit, you know what? It's nice to shoot monsters in a modern first person shooter again. I just wish it had a true singleplayer campaign.

Captain Red said:

Shit, you know what? It's nice to shoot monsters in a modern first person shooter again. I just wish it had a true singleplayer campaign.

I don't think Killing Floor would actually work as a single player game. It's all about working with your team while mowing down lots of ugly freaks.

Does KF2 have the firebug perk yet?

I'm not playing until it does.

Already the game appears to have some servers with custom maps. I actually think it's pretty stunning that the game has mod support right from the get go.

What exactly does this second installment offer? I wasn't amazingly impressed with the original. Gameplay felt way too slow among other little things.

Quast said:

What exactly does this second installment offer? I wasn't amazingly impressed with the original. Gameplay felt way too slow among other little things.

It's basically the same as the original but improved in every way. It's pretty much an extremely well polished and a graphcially improved version of the first game. As time goes on it will have some new content as well, like more enemy types and weapons.

There is one rather big change from the first game though, which is how the game handles difficulty. Istead of enemies just getting more HP and damge at higher difficulty levels, they instead gain new abilites. For example, the Husk starts being able to use his fireball cannon as a flamethrower on suicidal and above. It adds a great deal of replayablity and makes leveling up all the more fun.

I'm not sure why you think the game is slow. It can be extremely hectic when you are surrounded by enemies and are desperatly trying to kill them off before they corner or overwhelm you.

One of the better games I have played in a while for sure. They took what made the first a great game and improved on everything else. So far my only gripe is the lack of perks and official maps. But that issue will be corrected once the game goes live.

They also seemed to tone down the humor from the first game. But between the banter of characters like Mister Foster, Rob Briar, and DJ Scully it retains enough humor from the KF1 that its not a major issue.

Also, the game has the best weapon handling in any fps bar none. The amount of detail put into the firearms and how they function makes them just about as close as you can get to firing the real thing in a video game. When you add in the games dynamic sound system it just elevates the gun play in KF2 to a ridiculous level.