Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
scifista42

Mods with melee-only / close range focused player's weapons?

Are there any gameplay / weapon mods with no ranged weapons for the player, forcing him to attack at close range? It doesn't matter whether monsters use ranged attacks or not. If there's a mod with a very minimum of ranged weapons with special / restricted usage, it counts too.

Shadowman's Inquisitor has quite a lot of melee action, as I remember.

i don't recall such doom mods atm, but you just reminded me to load hexen and dust off the fighter's gauntlets. haven't played hexen in years.

while not a melee mod, i enjoyed the vorpal blade from demon eclipse. it drains demon energy with every strike and delivers it in every tenth blow like a BFG. i used the sword wherever i could, leaving other weapons aside.

Have you tried Combine_Kegan's GMOTA or TerminusEst13's Demon Steele? Fairly popular lately, and may be the seemingly-obvious answers right now, but I give both my endorsement.

@Memfis: Not exactly what I was looking for, but thanks for bringing my attention to this wad - I liked the axe zombie sprites in Inquisitor, the sword, and other sprites too.

@WildWeasel: I did, but these mods have normal ranged weapons - the mere fact that they also have versatile / easy to use melee weapons is not what I'm looking for here.

@Linguica: That's legit. I've personally always found the combat in Action Doom 2 to be uncomfortable, slow and pretty plain, though.

cool. thanks for suggesting GMOTA. the sprites are obviously different from doom's, but the mod is exactly what i like about berserking, just better.