Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrol1985

Doom for android

I have just received my first smart phone ever running the Android system and I'd like to ask how to run Doom on it. Is there some legit way to buy and use it, or can I just copy my IWADs and use some source port (if yes then which?)

I don't know a thing about smart phones yet, so forgive me if the question is stupid.

Just copy your PC IWADs and use any android sourceport you wish, D-Touch is by far the best .

Anyway to change to software renderer ? (By a launch command if possible) .
Edit : forget it , vid_renderer 0 Helped me up .

yep, doom touch / quake 1/2/3 touch / rtcw touch / ec wolf3d touch / commander genius, dIII4a.... Android tools for all id games from Commander Keen to Doom 3.

They work flawlessly.

Also don't forget the DOOM Live Wallpaper touch. It's pretty sweet, kind of a mini-game where doom guy chases around spawning monsters, and you can edit attributes and powerups and randomize stuff for him in realtime whenever your bored and feel like throwing stuff to his aide by touching the wallpaper.

I had Doom for iphone 4S, and I found the touch screen buttons to be way too frustrating to enjoy the game. I recommend that you purchase a good android gamepad first.

I have an SNES emulator for my Android Galaxy Note 3. But I seldom ever used it, because again the touch screen controls annoyed me.

I have Doom Touch for android and it was a little tricky to get used to the touch controls at first, but I eventually got somewhat used to it after trying for a bit.

Kontra Kommando said:

I had Doom for iphone 4S, and I found the touch screen buttons to be way too frustrating to enjoy the game. I recommend that you purchase a good android gamepad first.

I decided to try Commander Genius first. It's an awesome source port, but just like you wrote - touch screen buttons are too frustrating to use, I often accidentally hit the button which minimizes the application and Billy had a tendency to appear exactly beneath my thumbs so I couldn't see the character I tried to control. What's more, the game drains battery pretty fast.

Thus, I thank you all for providing me with the answers, but for the time being mobile phone gaming isn't for me.