Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kontra Kommando

ALIENS: The Ultimate Doom (TC) / ALIENS (HD)

lkjwSaU.png
Ekh1gsI.png
e1keCn4.png
g5xAGBT.png

Here are some previews of the upcoming demo for Aliens (HD).

Here are some screen shots of some gorey scenes. I'm not even half done with it; I supposed there could be near over 100 unique gibs and a currently uncertain amounts of deaths, and xdeaths. Though, I will probably work on completing the demo before I finish everything in regards to the gore.

qBcapPs.png

GuL2qqD.png

Edited by Kontra Kommando

You know, you could use photoshop to put more contrast on the figures (make bright areas brighter, dark areas darker) and resize it to normal size without much loss.

40oz said:

You know, you could use photoshop to put more contrast on the figures (make bright areas brighter, dark areas darker) and resize it to normal size without much loss.

I will certainly need to darken the edges before I start piecing together the dis-embodied parts. Right now, I'm in the process of learning as I go along; I'm not too familiar with Photoshop (i've been using paint and gimp2 this whole time). Thus this is somewhat of a beginner project for me. I guess I could add a layer mask over the pieces, and darken them that way. At any rate, I'm in the process of ascertaining the different body parts separately from different angles. That way, I will have a bank of different body parts to compose the full creature sprites; that I could manipulate independently. Also, it will make the dismembered versions a lot easier to make this time around.

For the size, I will leave it as is for now, and see how it will pan out. They'll need to be scaled down in slade massively.

For the death frames, I guess I should try to clone-stamp in some blood from the movie, so it works with these sprites.

Jaxxoon R said:

The way the shine on his head flips around looks very... not good.

Keep in mind, this is somewhat of a first draft. Maybe I could smudge it around, and make it look different in photoshop.

EDIT:

how's this?

This sprite above is the first frame of the attack stance.

Here's an example from the new photo shoot I took of the sprite. Last night I had taken every photograph necessary for the xenomorph, so now all I have to do is cut them out in photoshop. There is still a white halo around the sprites, because its initially a photograph jepg. Though I will address that after I cut out all of the sprites. I was influenced by this iconic scene to give it this pose:

At any rate, now there will be no issues of mismatch limbs. Also, for the walking sprites, I have address the arm position; he now looking like he's walking while holding an invisible box.

He's what the set up looked like:

Edit: i can fix that arm easy; I still have all of the original pics, so I can clone it in.

It uh, certainly does looks like a 7-inch figure.

I still think this needs more frames of animation and better offsets, what I'm seeing so far is not something I would describe as... a monster.

Not to be rude, but if I saw this ingame I would probably just never make any progress I'd be laughing so hard at his jiggly stride. It's like an angry BIONICLE stopmotion.

Jaxxoon R said:

It uh, certainly does looks like a 7-inch figure.

I still think this needs more frames of animation and better offsets, what I'm seeing so far is not something I would describe as... a monster.

Not to be rude, but if I saw this ingame I would probably just never make any progress I'd be laughing so hard at his jiggly stride. It's like an angry BIONICLE stopmotion.

It uses the same amount of frames as any other standard monster though. Also, you have to consider, that's not representative of the speed of which its actually going to move or the off-sets; that's just the gif settings. Though if necessary, I could probably make slight alterations; creating in-between frames in Photoshop, making the arms and legs move more fluidly.

At any rate, I first want to create the initial sprites as a foundation.

EDIT: If I do need to create more sprites, I will probably have to do it on a whole new sprite sheet png. The current WIP is massive; something like 4500x7000 px.

Here's another example of the progress I've made thus far. I can mess around with the arms and give them subtle movements, to make it look even better.

Kontra Kommando said:

http://i.imgur.com/PEaYRjT.gif

I still need to clean up around these sprites; but this is what I have proposed for the front ABCD frame.

Perhaps it's just the figurine itself, but the stance looks overly erect to me (from the side view even more so, tbh), and I suspect the arms especially could benefit from some hand-edits to give them more lifelike movement. I know what a pain it can be to get the results you want from photographing toys stop-motion style, so nice job thus far.

I agree with Jaxxoon that the front ABCD animation looks a bit off as-is. The jerkiness and the high resolution and the low frame count aren't getting along. Besides increasing the frame count, perhaps the advice in this post (creating a stable focal point when animating/offsetting) could go toward making it less visually jarring.

Seems the steady height of the head in the second (side view) animation captures the idea of this effect a little better.

Mithran Denizen said:

Perhaps it's just the figurine itself, but the stance looks overly erect to me (from the side view even more so, tbh), and I suspect the arms especially could benefit from some hand-edits to give them more lifelike movement. I know what a pain it can be to get the results you want from photographing toys stop-motion style, so nice job thus far.

I agree with Jaxxoon that the front ABCD animation looks a bit off as-is. The jerkiness and the high resolution and the low frame count aren't getting along. Besides increasing the frame count, perhaps the advice in this post (creating a stable focal point when animating/offsetting) could go toward making it less visually jarring.

Seems the steady height of the head in the second (side view) animation captures the idea of this effect a little better.

Thanks for the advice; I actually had been using the front foot as the focal point. But as darknation in the the link you provided said; the face would be a better static focal point. Which actually makes a lot more sense now that I think about it. Right now I'm still learning up on photoshop, but I suppose morphing the limbs slightly could help to make it look less stiff.

Again, needs some cleaning up; but I this is essentially how the side frame will look. This required a lot of revisions to get the legs to move correctly.

http://i.imgur.com/0T5xlY6.jpg

This sprite sheet is massive; 9944x6680 px.

I have completed all of the posses for the frames. After many revisions in photoshop, I have adjusted them to look even better. There's still some work to do, with cleaning up the sprites. Moreover, I need to add in the blood from another alien's figure I have, over the death frame sprites. Furthermore, I need to create gibs for the xDeath.

I tested out the sprites in-game, and I have to say, I'm very please with how it looks thus far. With automatically setting the offsets in slade, and having the monster move at its natural speed really makes the sprite look much better than the gifs. Moreover, I've done a ton of rotations on the frames, and doctored some other areas. I will make a video once I have the sprites fully complete.

I decided to make a little demonstration video. As I said before, I will need to clean it the sprites some more. But I will have the full sprite sheet complete relatively soon. I mainly need to clean up the white halo around the border.

I now have this dude in the mail. I managed to get it for nearly half price, just because the packaging was not mint condition; though it is brand new.

Cool project. It looks a bit obvious that the alien models are toys but it's a work in progress so no biggy. But I think the set up you have is pretty cool.

and...

I'm sorry I can't help it!