Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Doom 4 teaser and how it compares to the reveal

Marnetmar said:

Why not have weapons that fire revenants?

Doom has DnD inspiration. Doomgeonmaster has power of Revenants. Why not tower defense game? Plants vs Zombies meets Doom monsters.

The reason why the teaser is so short is to hide the fact that the game will suck cock like all these ,,the legend returns'' games and the best we can do is play Brutal Doom and other wads.

I highly dislike the engravings on that SSG and its overall vintage look. Hell revealing went wrong and our doomguy was accidentally teleported to some eighteen hundreds western town where he unfortunately tried to order a milk at a bar?

Clearly Doom 4 is a betrayal. The Revenant's posture is all wrong, plus the clipping issue, the engravings on the double barreled shotgun. The Cyberdemon doesn't have hooves. How dare they, HOW FUCKING DARE THEY do this to us? We are the Doom community after all. The new Doom game will fail us!

*Runs away crying, boots up vanilla Doom*

Nobody understands Doom the way we do.

Death Metal 2000 said:

Don't know about you guys, but that looked amazing!

Oh I absolutely loved it. Can't wait for spring 2016, we're gonna be covered in demon guts!

Graphically is beautiful. I just didn't like a few things:

- Monsters dropping items (I know in Brutal Doom some monsters drop items after getting beaten)

- Lack of reaload, I love reload animations in weapons. The reload of the super shotgun was gorgerous but the lack thereof on other weapons was a big letdown for me (already used with Doom1-2 mods with reload on weapons).

Only complaint I can think of is some of the monsters look like they are from some generic alien shooter game (especially mancubus). But other than that, this seems like 100% DOOM. Loved that shotgun sound. I fucking really hope there are Barons of hell. Loved the pinky demon that came out of invisibility to leak it's guts out.

Suitepee said:

What a load of crap that was. I'd rather stick to Brutal Doom.

:^)

Personally, I think it looked okay, nothing to write home about.

DooM_RO said:

High res screenshots here

Cyberdemon looks like crap. The rest are pretty cool.

1) Appealing to Brutal Doom fans a bit, but some gore is always nice.
2) The mancubus is shooting green fire, not red.
3) The revenant looks more annoying with his hover capability now.
4) Cyberdemon is pretty badass but not really close to the classic look.

Animations were friggin amazing on the monsters. Design on the creatures looks amazing too, (except for my fav of all time, the cyberdemon)

Things looked nice and colorful. It looks like it would feel great to play.

Getting this for sure.

A few negatives:

Double jump? Meh... Oh well, why not.

Cyberdemon looked like a friggin work of art back in Doom 1. Like a greek statue mixed with body horror. It's like my favorite creature in the game. I used to draw it all the time as a kid, making sure all the muscles and other details were just right. Now it's just this giant generic bulky looking thick thing. No personality at all, or meticulous detail. Probably a lack of dat ass. It looks like a rock monster instead of a goat demon straight from hell.

Ripping off the commander's hand? This seems like a shoutout to the idea from the doom bible. Only problem is, the hand is just right there off to the side. I hope the key puzzles in this game aren't just, Oh need a red key, it's in the next room, done... This was done in Wolf TNO, I hope there's some true exploration and key hunting like in the originals. Otherwise this shows the game is just going to be linear and about shooting and no secrets or puzzles or exploration. Can't wait to make some mods for this later to fix the issue >:D

Those of you that saw the game at Quakecon last year, how does this reveal compare? Some of the stuff they showed publicly tonight was also in the closed-door reveal last year, if I recall.

Things I liked:
- A level editor out of the box.
- SP, Co-op, and DM.
- No weapon limit.
- Graphics are not amazing, but at least doesn't feel dated. Still better than Wolfenstein New Order.
- Fighting 5 or 6 enemies at the same time.
- At least the Cyberdemon, Pinky and the Cacodemon looks more like their classic counterparts than in Doom 3.
- Hell is amazing. Kudos to the art team.

Things I disliked:
- Useless shotgun just like Doom 3 that can't kill anything that is more than 5 feet away from you. There is a moment where the player fires 3 rounds at a zombie, and the zombie still survives, and the player needs to finish him with a melee attack.
- Hell Knight still doesn't has horns.
- Completely linear levels that occasionally breaks into Painkiller-styled arenas.
- RAGE-styled unsatisfying blood and gore.
- The worst Marine design ever. I used to think that Doom 3 marines are shit, but my God, what the fuck were they thinking about? They literally slammed Masterchief and Prophet together. It's funny to think that back in the day both used to be considered clones of Doomguy.
- Double jumping seems awkward. Climbing that box was cringeworthy.
- No actual music. Just generic dubstep shit that only plays in combat.
- Enemies droping health and random ammo like fucking pinatas. It doesn't has health regeneration, but since pickups are spawned everywhere, it makes no fucking difference. They just don't know how an oldschool shooter is meant to be played.
- Unnecessary 19th century look on SSG.

Also, pre-order now to play as Revenant.

I got a bit disappointed, but at least looks Doomier than Doom 3.

I am a little sad that they didn't go back to the iconic helmet from the first game / cover art. You can tell the new helmet was designed to look a liiiiittle but like the original, but slathered with a futuretechno sheen.

Look at those retro stylings! The character!

Oh hey Master Chief and Crysis Guy had a baby who rides a motorcycle.

I'm fine with the graphics, just hope they add more death animations other than exploding gibs.

For example, the plasma gun should burn demons into char, but in the game they just bleed and explode like wtf...

Also, burning animations like Brutal DooM... wanna see zombies on flame running around and set fire around it (maybe like Far Cry series).

Things I don't like

- Doomguy has no grunt and death sounds.(when he hit by monsters and especially Revenant rips his arms apart)

- Mancubus dosen't shoot flames anymore.

- Monsters don't have strong distinct sounds when they notice Doomguy and die.

- Cyber Demon looks like Ultrarlisk, a bit disappointing.

- It needs more blood.

Well doesn't this just look lovely?

It seems they've drilled the game-play accurately. The amount of rockets the revenant shoots is nuts. I just wish they would've redesigned the Cyberdemon to look more like classic, as that's always been the most badass monster I've ever seen, and maybe the barons a little closer to original than Doom3.