Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yeah all the weapons in Doom serve a purpose for each situation... but the Unmaker sorta renders the Plasma Rifle useless. =(

Fredrik said:

Both the new weapon and the new boss in DOOM 64 are pretty lame.

I liked the Unmaker, but yes, the boss was lame.

What does this "Unmaker" do? (The name sounds like something I don't like).

dsm said:

What does this "Unmaker" do? (The name sounds like something I don't like).

It fires unimpressive laser beams. That's all.

I always liked doom because the weapons seemed so real. The shotgun, pistol, chaingn and rocket launcher, even the plasma gun had a "Yeah, could happen" look to them. They felt down and dirty, one of the places daikatana fell appart was the fucking weird weapons that felt totally unrealistic.

OK, so the bfg was a little bit star trek, but that was the ultimate weapon so that's OK.

Lasers in games always suck... I mean, they are supposed to travel at the speed of light so technically speaking you'd be dead before your eyes registered the fact that you've been hit by a laser.

Dos Cerveza

Thanks Fod!
>_<

/me drinks

A game shop opened up recently in my town, and you can take in an old game of yours (N64, PSX or PS2) pay them $9, and take one from there collection. I am going down there ASAP and trading in something (don't know what though) and getting tehre copy of DooM 64.

Ummmm, so you give them a game and $9 dawg? Sounds like you gettin jacked dawg. One word for anyone who wants to get cheap video game stuff..... EBAY!!

Both the new weapon and the new boss in DOOM 64 are pretty lame.

Sorry Fred, but I'm gonna have to disagree wit ya dawg! Da laser looks ill as fuck, and is basically Doom's version of a SNIPER STYLE gun (but weaker). You can snipe TONS of monsters with it, and watch them go splat sometimes too.

As for da last boss........ from da front it DOES look kinda lame, but check out da GFX for it's side and back..... fuckin ill dawg! And it is NOT easy to beat if you do NOT use da BFG or powered up rifle.... it takes a person with great strafe running abilites, timing, and judgement.

But.... I was dissapointed by da last boss..... HP too low, not enough different attack s(not even an ACS one), and I expected something bigger and deadlier.... IN fact I expected Satan to be da last boss (seein as how an image appears of him on every stage completed screen, and it looks ill as fuck). When I beat mother demon, I was just kinda like "What da? Dat's it?"

Yeah all the weapons in Doom serve a purpose for each situation... but the Unmaker sorta renders the Plasma Rifle useless. =(

Yeah.... it basically does.... but da plasma rifle is good to use when surrounded by tons of weak enemies like imps, or formr marines.... until of course da laser is powered up, then it IS utterly useless. :(

Da_Esco said:

Ummmm, so you give them a game and $9 dawg? Sounds like you gettin jacked dawg. One word for anyone who wants to get cheap video game stuff.....EBAY!!

Yeah, but it's the on;y way I can get my hands on some good console games without using ebay, which i'd prefer not oo.

Yeah, but it's the on;y way I can get my hands on some good console games without using ebay, which i'd prefer not too.

Well, believe it or not Ebay is pretty secure dawg. I've made $100+ transactions on there without any problems at all, and I have only had 1 or 2 peeps who haven't actually paid for da auctions they won with me, in about a 1.5 year time frame. It's a cheap way to get old and rare stuff.

TheRequiern said:

Thnx a whole lot guys.

No problem man!
/me gives TheRequiern $25, a 12 pack of beer and some Playboys and sends him happily on his way to make more posts and become a regular forum poster!

bigbadgangsta said:

No problem man!
/me gives TheRequiern $25, a 12 pack of beer and some Playboys and sends him happily on his way to make more posts and become a regular forum poster!

Well, I bought a sack and drank the beer... but there is one problem. LUT canceled my other account "TheRequiem", notice how this one has a "r" and a "n" to make it look like "m" because he said I started some sort of a flame war... I am still waiting for him to re-activate it since it was the original forum name. Heh, but thanks for the stuff.

I just took a look at some of the sprite pics. I dont know if this makes any sense, but they look more like mutants and cyborgs than "demons". but they're still pretty cool. (except for the Imp and Mancubus)

I liked Doom64 because of the texture and level designs. Not to mention scripted scenes in some of the levels.

I honestly though dat da atmosphere and moodiness of da game helped it out a lot! Not to mention da howls and screeches in da music, and da awesome skies dat da game had! Da flaming skies, and da purple one with da thunder and lightning were ill as fuck!