Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RaphaelMode

Egregious Ease: Introduction Comic/Development Thraed

This is one half of the introductionary story for my game, Egregious Ease (of Experiencing Everlasting Extensive Egregore Expenditures). I thought the game' storyline would be rathe confusing will be pretty confusing, so I made this comic to make everything clear.

To Be
Continued

I posted a screensot in doom picture thread by the way

RaphaelMode said:

I thought the game' storyline would be rathe confusing will be pretty confusing

[images]

This is why. This is why we can't have nice things.

RUSH said:

This is why. This is why we can't have nice things.

What you said is correct but what you meant is incorrect. It surely is an egregore thing to create a degree of repulsion towards philosophy. A high level of abstract xenophobia which is really needed and helpful for functioning properly, big egregores requires thought processes to not be variable.

Krispy said:
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/826/823/f19.jpg

Atism and deeper understanding of the world can likely correlate but even neurotipical people can be insightful. but it surely would be harder when one would be busy 24/7 on being a normal person.

The mod is in progres and has a lot of stuff implemented already. The weapons and powerups will have a special indicator to distinguish them from other objects, as things like Lucky Foot or Dionisos would bear resemblence to exploded enemies.

It will also have objective qualities, such as enemies acting differently on different skill levels and varied boss behavior. But the best thing will be that it will be a stand alone game. I still need to do some GUI, I already created all weapon sprites and implemented 7 out of 10. Implemented 6 normal enemies and 2 out of 5 bosses (the simplest ones). Made sprites but didn't implement multiple other enemies and powerups, also a bunch of textures. Alas, I didn't upload the new screens and you will not be able to see these beautiful oranges on store shelves in the near future.

Okay, I didn't implement ORANGES into the game yet.

That's why the store shelves are empty.

You can enjoy a severed leg in the meantime.

Excluding inventory icons, it is really cloese to a separatate game.

If this ever gets made, it will be one of these games that people consider "genius" and "artistic expression" just because it's weirder that others.

JudgeDeadd said:

If this ever gets made, it will be one of these games that people consider "genius" and "atistic expression" just because it's weirder that others.

You think? That's optimistic, but perchance. Well, I had a long time ago formulated a hypothesis that I have an access to some Truth and I just need to say a few words to change their lifes forever. Eventually I did manage to find compelling reasons to invalidate this hypothesis, but for a long time, it was the most probable possibility. And who knows. Maybe it really is that easy. Time will show if a powerful egregore is easier to defeat than 77 crocodiles!

Jaxxoon R said:

Down with Egogore

An insightful freudian reference! So I can hope.

Here are the overdue oranges.

This just reeks of quality, I'm already sucked deep and hard into the story and the screenshots are just tickling my pickle for some masterful beta gameplay. The spritework is nothing short of a magnum opus and the art style is glorious.

All it needs now is less sarcastic and innuendo filled responses.

mrthejoshmon said:

This just reeks of quality, I'm already sucked deep and hard into the story and the screenshots are just tickling my pickle for some masterful beta gameplay. The spritework is nothing short of a magnum opus and the art style is glorious.

All it needs now is less sarcastic and innuendo filled responses.

I am glad that some people can comprehend a certain extent of the masterpiecefulness of this item.

Wait, are my responses to sarcastic?!

Anycase, I designed the first try for a title screen, as the current one was a placeholed one from a entirely different project. Innovation is about the most important part of art there is.

The protagonist here is J. Doe, an insert clone controlled from a higher level reality, thrown into a world which is a caricaturous replica of the real one. The same theme prevails in my action-adventure game I kinda finished this week, except you need to pay 5000 gold to get to the ending and you can never get this much even if you start selling drugs. So alas, that game is not really done either.

Jaxxoon R said:

Very clean. I like Thoth;s inclusion on top of the step pyramid with J.

Interesting comparision. Ths is the embodiment of self destruction.

AD_79 said:

what the fuck

This is a question of those who refuse to hear the answer, and really would be better off making a more sensible choice.

Maes said:

You did not actually post. Try again.

TheCupboard said:

Cute grocery store graphics anyway!

I also like how you have 400/400 items, lol the ammo category

This is shared weapons that use physical ammo instead of using up good feelings, bad feelins or willpower. I even called this ammo category "ammo" first but it was even worse idea. Happy weapons mostly just chaotically spray stuff around shotgun-like. The sad ones are homing razorblades like egregores use, and Lucky Foot that drops from the "Thoth" and attacks with hitscan insults. And the Willpower-powered are the strongest ones, the Benevolent Spirit exploding stars and pure Willpower continous laser. The ammo capacities will need adjusting eventually...

Edit: I just realised that my title screen is NOT, in fact, very clean. Dammit people, you're like unavoidable nukage pits. At laest my posting provides a variable amount of challenge depending on the raeder's ability!

13 September 2015 update:
-------------------------

Now I have a voice actor for the avian egregores! Some more extra sounds and the game will be a really fully whole experience.

And I made lots of plans, such as plans for 5 unforgettable and uniQue boss fights.

I have finally implemeted one of the enemies I created sprites for but never implemented. The "Twat" enemy is still largely incomplete though, since it should have differing behaviors depending on skill level.

(By the way is there nothing like "JumpIfSkill" In decorate? I don't want my game design to be egregiously inefficient.)

Otherwise, I have several enemies with sprites and no code. And probably some enemies with nothing. I steel need to make some final design concept decisions.

And finally but not laest, I made some more insightful textures! And I have screen shots to prove it.

As you can see there is further developed Digital Internet World episode, some more textures for the final episode temple level, then there is so far texture-lackcluster Non-digital Tokyo map, and finally the Outside area of final episode on the south pole where what seems like a Muslim sect is located, but it's actually Yuuzhan Vong who is in charge of there.

Do you have some idea for a social satire in something like doom texture format? All ideas would be suitable irregardless of what worldviews are they for.

(EDIT: Forum attempted to censor my free spitch. I will use the non-offensive nouns of my choice irregardless of whether forum likes it or not ХD)

So the forum itself is trying to censor you? To be fair it has made some people loudly exclaim that they are morons against their own volition, so you might be on to something.

This needs more dildos. And demon sex. Please include a level with a revenant encounter featuring commentary from Job. That would be immaculate.

Irregardizzle, there can only be one true winner in the outcome of this game's plot, yes? I can only hope that this becomes an IWAD detected automatically by ZDoom in due time. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch.

Obsidian said:

So the forum itself is trying to censor you? To be fair it has made some people loudly exclaim that they are morons against their own volition, so you might be on to something.

But of coarse. I'm not talking about auto-helling content bots this time, I mean, just try to type "irregardless ХD" yourself.

RUSH said:

This needs more dildos. And demon sex. Please include a level with a revenant encounter featuring commentary from Job. That would be immaculate.

It's spelled "inaccurate". And while demon sex has more to it than you think, it won't be the theme of this specific game. And I'd sooner include the actual Job in the game.

Jaxxoon R said:

Irregardizzle, there can only be one true winner in the outcome of this game's plot, yes? I can only hope that this becomes an IWAD detected automatically by ZDoom in due time. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch.

Truly quite. In actually, ZDoom should have some way to detect all IWADs, or at laest a way to make it possible without needing for the intervention of the mods themselves.