Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

What do you like most about the teaser?

Is it the shotgun? The revenant? The fact that Doom 4 is finally coming with more information soon? What do you like most about it?

What do you like least?

Is it better than the Cyberdemon teaser from a few months ago?

Is this really a PSA against anorexia? Was that joke too much?

I liked the fact that we're getting a new Doom game and finally got to see some footage. The fact that it actually looked good and resembled the Doom franchise is quite simply amazing. With all the chaos at id software lately it would be an awesome comeback to see Doom 4 be a smash success.

Hopefully the game sells well and brings more interest back into the Doom franchise (which at this point is considered a landmark of the past.) It would be great to see new Doom fans and people taking interest in such a dated series of games.

I think the most interesting tidbit is that the environment behind the Revenant seems pretty large and open. It also seemed pretty hellish, instead of a Mars/Moon base. That probably means that Hell might pop up earlier in the game. Or perhaps the demons have simply redecorated the base. :)

ChickenOrBeef said:

I think the most interesting tidbit is that the environment behind the Revenant seems pretty large and open. It also seemed pretty hellish, instead of a Mars/Moon base. That probably means that Hell might pop up earlier in the game. Or perhaps the demons have simply redecorated the base. :)

You're right and also the gorey figure on a stick.

I really liked the tone of the teaser. It just felt like pure bad assery and it was unapologetically Doom. It is exactly what John Carmack said that Doom is all about: demons and shotguns.

What I liked most is that 3 seconds of footage inspired something like half a dozen new threads within a few days. It was clearly a very effective video.

The fact that we're getting a brand new Doom game after all these years is very exciting, and they've given us glimpses of it here and there. I can't wait to see what else they have in store, and most importantly when we can experience it for ourselves.

GoatLord said:

What I liked most is that 3 seconds of footage inspired something like half a dozen new threads within a few days. It was clearly a very effective video.

That's what makes us fanatics. The littlest bit spawns all sorts of things. Like will the revenants have different face paint between them?

Also, I like that patented id Software sound effect that plays at the last three seconds of the teaser. You know the sound I'm talking about. Makes it really feel like an id game.

RUSH said:

I liked the fact that we're getting a new Doom game and finally got to see some footage. The fact that it actually looked good and resembled the Doom franchise is quite simply amazing. With all the chaos at id software lately it would be an awesome comeback to see Doom 4 be a smash success.

Hopefully the game sells well and brings more interest back into the Doom franchise (which at this point is considered a landmark of the past.) It would be great to see new Doom fans and people taking interest in such a dated series of games.

If the game is good, we might see an influx of new mappers too or at least new people to play our WADs.

It was extremely brief, but I'm cautiously optimistic. It didn't look lame and douchey. For all I know the rest of the game does, but if it does they chose the exact right thing to show off.

DooM_RO said:

If the game is good, we might see an influx of new mappers too or at least new people to play our WADs.

I really hope that the new Doom is easy to map for. I know that the technology is way more complicated, but it would be the most awesome thing if Id made an effort to make the tools easier to use so that maps and mods can be more easily created. That would prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they want to please the hardcore fans. This may be only an elusive dream though.

That trailer made me excited to see how will Doomguy look like !, How is his New suit going to be, Or if we're going to see a face like in "DOOM 3" .

ChickenOrBeef said:

Also, I like that patented id Software sound effect that plays at the last three seconds of the teaser. You know the sound I'm talking about. Makes it really feel like an id game.

That distorted churning sound? Dunno if it's id "signature" sound but I liked it and it fits perfectly.

What I love about the video is that even for a 3 sec footage it's very much what I've wanted about new DOOM game. And of course the amount of laughable cunts commenting how shit the game already is.

I feel more forgiving about the lack of self-shadowing now that I realize how computationally difficult it is to implement.

i like that it remind me of doom 2 and this is a good thing

Glaice said:

It's too short to make judgement on that.

Your avatar reminds me of Doom 1 and its only 1 frame. The teaser was like 12 lol