Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

Am I missing something? RE: ftp.gamers.org

I went on to ftp.gamers.org to sync up my Doom and Doom 2 content (last time was April 11) and not a single new file? Is that even possible? Did they stop taking in new material? I tested it - removed a single file and ran the sync software again and it picked up that missing file so I assume my software is running properly. So what gives?

Brad_tilf said:

I went on to ftp.gamers.org to sync up my Doom and Doom 2 content (last time was April 11) and not a single new file? Is that even possible? Did they stop taking in new material? I tested it - removed a single file and ran the sync software again and it picked up that missing file so I assume my software is running properly. So what gives?

Ty's Absence.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/72534-nothing-new-on-idgames-lately/
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/72821-looking-for-a-new-idgames-maintainer/

Wow, that's really weird. I hope he comes back. So what are people doing with all those new maps in the meantime? Just sending them and waiting?

Brad_tilf said:

Wow, that's really weird. I hope he comes back. So what are people doing with all those new maps in the meantime? Just sending them and waiting?

As far as I know, they are kept on hold. My best bet maybe.

I'd be glad to put them on DWS but I don't have the time to play each and every level that comes in so I would have to depend on the person sending me the levels to be able to tell me what directory it belongs in and I'm not sure how I could weed out those trap maps. I saw the other thread about them looking for an archive maintainer - if I had the time I'd put in for it but I really don't have that kind of time to devote to it. I hope someone or multiple someones can step into that role.

Brad_tilf said:

I'd be glad to put them on DWS but I don't have the time to play each and every level that comes in so I would have to depend on the person sending me the levels to be able to tell me what directory it belongs in and I'm not sure how I could weed out those trap maps. I saw the other thread about them looking for an archive maintainer - if I had the time I'd put in for it but I really don't have that kind of time to devote to it. I hope someone or multiple someones can step into that role.

Nevermind about that. idgames is back up and running.

Omegalore said:

Nevermind about that. idgames is back up and running.

That's awesome. Time to update. :-)