Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Cacodemons (Doom⁴)

I'd love to see a return to the original cacodemon model. I hated doom 64s cacodemon (but found their role as a new monster in psychophobia very pleasing). Doom³s caco is something I would have enjoyed seeing as a new monster, but not as a caco replacement.

I don't see why the original cacodemon model wasn't carried over like the other creatures. I hope Doom⁴ brings it back.

Your thoughts?

The monsters must be consistent in style, and judging from the Revenant, the caco it's probably going to be more gruesome than Doom 3's, which is a good thing.
Don't get me wrong, I love the classic caco, but he hardly looks scary. I'd say it's even kind of cute

I don't mean just like a high def three dimensional rendering. that'd be silly. But at least something reminiscent of the original would be nice. What Duke Nukem Forever did with the octobrains was nice. Different but not too different.

Yeah, neo-Doom needs a few purely organic monsters. Cacodemon is tricky because a direct translation of the original would be ineffective. I would like to see a floating creature with a bit more sense of anatomy. Maybe id could take cues from the insect world.

cacodemons are supposed to be filled with gases which is how they float like the overlords in starcraft.

They should be able to make the cacodemons look more like original doom but angrier to take away the cuteness. They kinda look like they're smiling a bit too much.

I'm not sure if cybernetics really belong on a cacodemon heh... Unless there's a version of it with and without. That'd be pretty cool...

I like the design of the Cacodemon, Doom 64 and Doom 3 included. As for Doom 4, I'm pretty sure the Cacodemon will make a return. I'm betting it's design will be a throwback to it's original, but updated much like the Cyberdemon and Revenant. It'll probably be a wriggling mass of flesh with a myriad of horns, a singular massive eye and a mouth filled with rows of teeth, much like a shark. Maybe it can even have tentacles to manipulate it's surroundings or latch onto things, namely the player. And I want to see the thing put on a light show when it spits ball lightning at you.

What is it with all these Cacodemons and Revenants on the forums lately? It's like a new fad or something.

nxGangrel said:

What is it with all these Cacodemons and Revenants on the forums lately? It's like a new fad or something.

You think it's bad now? Wait until the rest of the monsters are revealed. People will be complaining the Hell Knights are too similar to Doom 3, the Lost Souls are not flaming enough, the Mancubus doesn't have enough nipples and it's a betrayal. You just wait and see.

Piper Maru said:

You think it's bad now? Wait until the rest of the monsters are revealed. People will be complaining the Hell Knights are too similar to Doom 3, the Lost Souls are not flaming enough, the Mancubus doesn't have enough nipples and it's a betrayal. You just wait and see.

Yeah, I'm bracing myself.

Piper Maru said:

To think I only found out the mancubus had multiple nipples years later when I saw the original model.

potnop said:

To think I only found out the mancubus had multiple nipples years later when I saw the original model.

What? The Mancubus has more than one pair of tits?

doom_is_great said:

What? The Mancubus has more than one pair of tits?

So he can breastfeed more than one HellKnight at a time during their infancy.

Clonehunter said:

So he can breastfeed more than one HellKnight at a time during their infancy.

Someone needs to draw this.

I loved the 64 Cacodemon. I despise the dinosaur balloon that they passed off as a Caco in Doom 3. The monster was embarrassing and the exposed brain and giant foot just put it over the limits of absurdity.