Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scifista42

Archvile that resurrects everything as Revenants (NEW CONTENT!)

Revenant theories:

Suitepee said:

Good thing there's no such thing as an Archvile that resurrects everything as Revenants, or else I'd be really agitated....

Job said:

Someone needs to make this.

Here you go - I made a vanilla compatible dehacked patch wad, works with any Doom IWAD.

Archvile resurrects everything as Revenants. (including other Archviles, Cyberdemons, Spiderdemons, Nazis and Keens)
In addition, Pain Elemental spits Revenants.
In addition, Revenants are slightly more aggressive.
Side effect: Revenants leap towards you while being resurrected, and they may infight if they bump into each other in that moment.
Another side effect: Revenants appear translucent in source ports than allow translucency (technically, they replace lost souls).

Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/hojhuj

:)

EDIT: NEW CONTENT!

I made a new patch that makes the Revenant overpowered, but still reasonable to be seriously (?) used in maps:

Double health
Double aggressivity
Quadruple speed
Instant melee attack
Shoots 5 missiles in a row
Shorter pain animation

Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/2ngeik

THAT'S NOT ALL!

Anybody wanted to use the 2 patches together? Sorry, they're not compatible if you simply load them together. But here is a new patch specially made to act just like that! Summary:

Archvile resurrects everything as Revenants.
Pain Elemental spits Revenants.
Revenants are slightly more aggressive.
Revenants leap towards you while being resurrected, and they may infight if they bump into each other in that moment.
Revenants appear translucent in source ports than allow translucency (technically, they replace lost souls).
They have double health. More than double aggressivity. Quadruple speed. Instant melee attack. Shoot 5 missiles in a row. Shorter pain animation.

Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/2jljip

Only now you can start your dream mapping!

:)

We were so preoccupied with whether or not we could that we didn't stop to think if we should...

Jaxxoon R said:

What is a man, but a revenant waiting to happen?

What is a man? A miserable pile of Revenants!

scifista42 said:

Side effect: Revenants leap towards you while being resurrected, and they may infight if they bump into each other in that moment.

Side effect, more like best effect. Now if only their rockets emitted the kamikadze AAAAAAAAaaaaaa...

Oh god, wat

Now someone make one where everything comes back as an Archvile. D:

Cyberdemons and spiderdemons should be resurrected as several revenants.

Ichor said:

Cyberdemons and spiderdemons should be resurrected as several revenants.

Upon death, the PE should spawn several revenants as well.

This sounds like the best thing and I need to make a map using it.

Job said:

Upon death, the PE should spawn several revenants as well.

He does. And even the thing with resurrecting multiple revenants from Cyberdemon and Spiderdemon is technically possible to do (normal bodies have a raise animation that makes them disappear immediately, but I can make another raise animation that also calls PE death special just before the body disappears, and give it only to Cyberdemon and Spiderdemon). Resurrecting them as one revenant seems more logical to me, though, and also fair.

scifista42 said:

He does. And even the thing with resurrecting multiple revenants from Cyberdemon and Spiderdemon is technically possible to do (normal bodies have a raise animation that makes them disappear immediately, but I can make another raise animation that also calls PE death special just before the body disappears, and give it only to Cyberdemon and Spiderdemon). Resurrecting them as one revenant seems more logical to me, though, and also fair.

Oh, I don't know how I missed that. Can't wait to try this.

And every barrel that explodes...

...becomes a revenant.

Ichor said:

And every barrel that explodes...

...becomes a revenant.

Just take the archvile out of the equation.

There's something in the air. Something that causes the skeleton to jump out of every enemy you kill.

EDIT: Oh, and revenants should behave like true reanimated dead. They should reassemble and get back up after, say 120-180 seconds after being knocked down.

Job said:

Just take the archvile out of the equation.

There's something in the air. Something that causes the skeleton to jump out of every enemy you kill.

EDIT: Oh, and revenants should behave like true reanimated dead. They should reassemble and get back up after, say 120-180 seconds after being knocked down.

Every time you kill a Revenant, it spawns another Revenant. Then, after a few seconds, the first Revenant respawns.

Best used in the final battle of Combat Shock 2 map 03.

Oh man this is awesome—I actually wanted to use this idea for a map but didn't know how feasible it was. Is there anyway to separate the new AV from the old? Ideally I'd want to have both in the map, and also for PEs to spit out regular Lost Souls instead of revs.

No, it's too hacky already. Healing state is hardcoded to frame 266, so there cannot be 2 different ones for 2 different monsters. Similarly, Lost Soul needed to be replaced by a Revenant to take advantage of PE attack specials (even for the resurrection), so there is no longer a way to spit Lost Souls. Not in common DEHACKED.

Best wad and Dehacked ever.

EDIT: I tried playing this in PrBoom + and I get this error whenever an archvile tries to resurrect a monster or a pain elemental spits out a monster: "S_StartSoundAtVolume: Bad sfx #: 0"

Not sure why this happens.

Damn, I should have actually playtested it. I knew that SkullAttack requires having an attack sound, but I didn't know that spawning a monster via PainAttack requires it as well.

Fixed: https://www.sendspace.com/file/hojhuj

I've also found out that even though the DEHACKED is vanilla compatible, you should play it in a port that disables Lost Soul maximum number limit, because otherwise it stops working after a while (revenant corpses don't disappear, so their number only keeps increasing and never decreases).

Revenant Doom: The Video Game

30 Maps of Revenants and Revenant spawners. Everything you kill spawns two more Revenants. Even Barrels.

Weapons do 3x Damage, and every missile fired is a homing missile.

Let the Dream Live On

Haha this is fun. Would love to see a map for this as well.

However it crashed on my PrBoom+ 2.5.1.3 with the message "I_SignalHandler: Exiting on signal: signal 11", after about two minutes of Barrels of Fun.

Would it be possible to make it work on PWADs as well? Or do you have to adapt your PWAD or "hack" specifically for that?