Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Looking for a racing game where I can make my own road/track

Always wanted to design my own road network and drive it, but I've never come across a game like that. I've played every open-world racing game, but you run out of variety eventually.

I was thinking of making a doom map with lots and lots of corridors, trees as sidedefs, road marking for the floor, or something like that... would love to know of a proper driving game where I can make a highway or track though. Racing version of Daggerfall...

I've no idea how the community still fares to this day, but ModNation Racers is extremely fun and allows you to customize more than just the race tracks - although those were definitely one of the funnest parts of it.

Maybe too obvious, but have you tried Midtown Madness?

Maes said:

Excitebike

Yeah, but unfortunately you couldn't save them.

Little Big Planet Go Kart. There's also some other game previous to it that the same developers had made that also has a track editor.

Yeah, but unfortunately you couldn't save them.

Nintendo has (finally!) fixed this in the 3D Classics version that's on the 3DS eShop. It only took 'em 25 years...

Zed said:

Yeah, but unfortunately you couldn't save them [tracks in Excitebike].

Hmm... I only played the game through Famiclones, and there of course the saving functionality was not implemented. I had no idea that even the original cart had a problem. Wouldn't that make it -technically- the oldest Nintendo cart with a save feature? Even before Zelda?

Edit: never mind. So...cassette tape, huh? I wonder if the cart port of a modern famiclone could be hacked to support whatever devilry this involved (maybe I/O on some pin?).

Jaws In Space said:

Re-Volt from 1999, it's an RC car racing game, but I used to have a blast making my own custom tracks for it back in the day.

Oh my Satan that game rocked. I spent hours playing that shit back in the day. I would love to see a well done modern reboot of it honestly.