Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NinjaLiquidator

Maps released!

Hello, I have new maps. They are good, but nobody gives a fuck. I had a lot of responses on previous thread. People said it looks nice and they are looking forward. But now I gave download link and nobody responses. What I am doing wrong? I must be doing something wrong, and by 100% the fault is not in maps.

I wasnt hoping that 50 people will play it. But I thought 3 people giving at least a look and some feedback could be real. I got 0 feedbacks. Maybe the thread moved too much on bottom? How to get somebody to actually play my maps?

Download:

http://uloz.to/xzM13mvo/stwalpha-rar

Hi! Your maps have a very unique style and that's cool. But no matter how much time you spend working on them, there's a couple of things you need to keep in mind when expecting feedback:

1) We're a very small community so it might take a couple days for someone with free time to decide to try out your levels (and this is especially true if you're an "unproven" mapper). I'd give it at least three days before bumping the topic.

2) Try changing your topic title to something like "Set the World on Fire -- playtesters wanted!" by using the "Edit" button near the bottom of your post.

3) A lot of people don't like to give feedback or properly playtest mapsets that are deemed "incomplete" or "demos"; why would we want to spend time on something unbalanced or that the author himself has said "fuck it all" to?

Also putting a few screenshots into the OP would act as a motivation.

Tip: If you put image links (direct links, not links to gallery/preview) inside [img] tags, they will display right in your post.

Say what engine the map is for ("Doom map" is just too vague...) and post some screenshots to get people interested. It might help to have some cute revenants in there going "AAAaaaaaaaaaaaa" at the camera too. :-)

I would also recommend editing the first post with a download link now that you're ready to have us play it. I'll be playing them myself in just a few moments, but it's always nice and convenient for a playtester to have all the resources they need in the OP!