Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Little Faith

What about... "sniff" ...Hissy?

Why everyone is busy analysing the videos I will return to something purely speculative.

What about the cacodemon? For some reason I believe they will not just drop this characteristic (and charismatic) monster entirely. The form as we know does, however, seem rather out of character with the coming game. Do you have any idea what the cacodemon might look like in Doom3.

I hope it will look nothing like that Duke3d Dungeons&Dragons ripoff.

Heh I made a funny drawing of a weird Cacodemon-style creature during my last physics class. I think I'll scan it tomorrow and post here.

Of all Doom 2 characters, the cacodemon looked the most cartoon of all. However, if they change the colour scheme and do some decent animations it would be a top monster.

i think that hissy will be there one way or another. picture #19 in the doom 3 screens is a flaming head, not unlike the flaming skulls...

ph33r hissy!

I really really REALLY hope hissy makes it into D3. It's the monster that would potentially benefit the most from the new engine. Imagine that thing opening it's mouth, the fireball grows inside, casting a light out. You see the shadows of his teeth on the wall *drools*. It'd be like seeing an old favorite in real life. The cartoonyness is easy to fix.. Just alter the colors a little.

Awesome pic fred!
No, I don't think id would leave ol' caco out - it's too evident that it's a loved monster and lots of people would get severely disappointed if it isn't in the game - no, I think they can pull something off.

Funny, after seeing the imp I can't help but think of the potential new caco as a monster with one blop of "eye mass" consisting of hundreds of green, spider-like eyes at the centre of its face (and of course one bigass mouth).
They should try not to make the caco look like it's smiling such a cute smile - if it has to "smile", make the smile look insanely evil.

That pic you posted here Fredrik was so damn cool! I hope that the Caco is at least bigger than it was in DOOM and has a much bigger mouth

Oh I'm sure it'll seem bigger than in the old game - just look at the new pinky and compare it to the old one.

Fredrik said:

Red colored

Glowing (on fire, straight from hell :P)

Yeah, lame. I'm just playing with it.

Its eye should be green dammit!#¤% :-)

dsm said:

Its eye should be green dammit!#¤% :-)

Yes but that makes it look more cartoonish.

Fredrik said:

Glowing (on fire, straight from hell :P)

Wow, impressive =)

I was looking for one of those old fake Doom3 screenshots, one with some cacos in it. I think they were based off a modified Doom sprite, but they really looked like they'd fit a hell environment well. Anybody know the screen I'm talking about?

Lüt said:

Wow, impressive =)

I was looking for one of those old fake Doom3 screenshots, one with some cacos in it. I think they were based off a modified Doom sprite, but they really looked like they'd fit a hell environment well. Anybody know the screen I'm talking about?

Yeah, I think - the cacos' eyes were glowing brightly in that pic and the db barrel shotty's sprite was used as the player's weapon.

Yes but that makes it look more cartoonish.

Eh? If the right type of slimy green colour is used, I doubt it'll make it look more cartoonish than without.

Nice pic, Fredrik. :0)
One thing I noticed is that the Caco looks as though he's smiling.
He should look, as dsm said, insanely evil if he has to smile.
Oh well, good work old chap!

GS-1719 said:

Nice picture, but I'm not too sure about the size and frequency of horns.

No it wasn't intended to look just like a Cacodemon straight out of DOOM, I was playing a little.

Fredrik said:

No it wasn't intended to look just like a Cacodemon straight out of DOOM, I was playing a little.

I know.

/me looks at cacodemon
/me pisses himself.

That's fucking awesome.

I demand that you make sprite replacements for FreeDoom's Pain Elemental based on it.

Or just Caco Sprites.