Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

Trouble Applying Skin to ZDoom 2.7.1

So I've been having trouble applying a skin to ZDoom 2.7.1. The skin I want to use with it is called st_baseiii.pk3. I made a skins folder in the ZDoom directory and placed the skin in that folder as shown here. But when I go into ZDoom into the Player Setup menu to try to change the skin, the skin doesn't appear. Am I doing something wrong?

Judging by the filename, it looks like you're trying to load a skulltag skin archive. That isn't going to work.

ZDoom doesn't handle the SKININFO lump. If st_baseiii.pk3 only define a single skin, you can rename SKININFO into S_SKIN (and edit it to remove the brackets) and see if it works.

Gez said:

ZDoom doesn't handle the SKININFO lump. If st_baseiii.pk3 only define a single skin, you can rename SKININFO into S_SKIN (and edit it to remove the brackets) and see if it works.

I did what you said, and dragging the modified skin PK3 file on to the ZDoom EXE file makes it work. But it doesn't work when in the folder named skins.

NiTROACTiVE said:

But it doesn't work when in the folder named skins.

Ah yes, I forgot about that. ZDoom's skins folder only works with WAD files for some reason.

Gez said:

Ah yes, I forgot about that. ZDoom's skins folder only works with WAD files for some reason.

I see, and I made st_baseiii.pk3 into zd_baseiii.wad, and it worked. Thanks for the help.