Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

The story behind your custom avatar

Yeah, come 'ere you idiot! Let me fucking tell you why!
See that? It's raw in the middle. It's fucking RAW!
Take your jacket, and fuck off!

A skull screenshoted from a skeleton in the tes3:morrowind level editor, and I put glowy eyes on it. I've been using it everywhere forever. Originally had just the skull, I thought the expression was kinda goofy-dumb (I felt it was a good indicator to not take my posts too seriously, and if I said something stupid it would help it pass as a bad joke. Evidently it doesn't work) and it was a skull because of some character I had in high school that I would draw and such.
Then for doom forums (well, really only 2 of them) I decided to transform it into some sort of lost soul parody by adding a recolored super sayan hair from some DBZ screenshot. I liked it and started using it instead of the original bald skull in other places too.

When I found out that Doomworld was going to remove the obsolete UGO logo from the page header, I decided to preserve it as my avatar. And then, since I didn't want any trademark conflict, I flipped the image sideways so it no longer spells 'UGO'.

Romero released the unused Doomguy frames and I think they look awesome, especially the ones where he's pointing his gun. I always wondered where the Doomguy sprite in that promotional Shareware D1 screenshot came from - Searched high and low in the IWADs years ago and never found it, and it was very cool to finally see the real deal.

It used to be a little Bowser swigging booze, and before that a little emoticon dude looking at a weed leaf and smiling. I love beer and pot, simply put.

Oh and on basically every other Doom forum I do mostly deathmatch related stuff, so it's the DWANGO logo which is pretty self explanitory.

Eris Falling said:

Yeah, come 'ere you idiot! Let me fucking tell you why!
See that? It's raw in the middle. It's fucking RAW!
Take your jacket, and fuck off!

I want to watch Kitchen Nightmares now. That show is oddly addictive.. and makes me afraid of restaurants.

the_miano said:

My current one really has no story....

That one made me laugh my fucking ass off.. I wish it was possible to make him play faster!

I kept my Manny Pacquiao avatar up even though he lost "the fight of the century" and is no longer the sensational fighter that brought him fortune and fame. I wonder if the outcome of the fight would have been different if he didn't tear his shoulder in the fight?

the_miano said:

This one was short lived...for like 20 minutes. It was removed by one of the mods. I guess they didn't like it very much lol: http://i.imgur.com/FIOeVUe.gif

Yeah, they don't seem to like Hitler at all. Even in a joking/mocking fashion. I posted a picture of Hitler with a caption on it to express me endearment to another member and got loser'd for a week shortly thereafter. Whether or not that's why, I can't be certain. But either way, seems like a good idea to avoid Hitler photos.

I play a lot of RPGs and I like to put characters from them as my avatars for some reason. did that a lot here but I delete most of my avatars from my computer for some reason. this one is from Lunar: SSSC.

elsewhere on the internet, I'd be more than inclined to use album covers of my favorite stuffs as avatars.

Hellbent said:

I wonder if the outcome of the fight would have been different if he didn't tear his shoulder in the fight?

I wish, I wanted to see that other egotistical douche get knocked out so badly, even Mike Tyson said that dude was outta line.

Please don't turn this into a thread about a professional fight that has nothing to do with this.

i was bored and opened grafx2, after drawing some kind of sphere based monster to test something i got the fantastic and amazing idea to make an error. that error became my avatar on doomworld since 2013 or early 2014.

I just like the concept of having that ugly error as an avatar.

TraceOfSpades said:

Yeah, they don't seem to like Hitler at all. Even in a joking/mocking fashion. I posted a picture of Hitler with a caption on it to express me endearment to another member and got loser'd for a week shortly thereafter. Whether or not that's why, I can't be certain. But either way, seems like a good idea to avoid Hitler photos.

Wait wut? Is that really the case? I mean, even Doom 2 has Hitler pics! I'm sure I've seen other pics featuring Hitler posted on here without incident. Surely the losering was to do with something else?

Enjay said:

Wait wut? Is that really the case? I mean, even Doom 2 has Hitler pics! I'm sure I've seen other pics featuring Hitler posted on here without incident. Surely the losering was to do with something else?

Judge for yourself: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/post-hell/72830-in-which-traceofspades-gets-losered/
He was obviously losered for dumb image spam. All the ***/******/****** references didn't help either.

the_miano said:

I tend to frequently change my avatar about every few months or so...

My first custom avatar which I had for about 3 or 4 months in 2014 was Dolan wielding a bloody axe: http://i.imgur.com/rSGIKm7.png

My second custom avatar was the Four Horsemen which is from the Book of Revelation in the Bible. I had this one for quite a while: http://i.imgur.com/KYkyU5Q.gif

I had a third avatar of a pissed off red smiley. I don't know why I had it, maybe I was pissed off and wanted an avatar to reflect my mood: http://i.imgur.com/vwbYYjS.gif

This one was short lived...for like 20 minutes. It was removed by one of the mods. I guess they didn't like it very much lol: http://i.imgur.com/FIOeVUe.gif

My current one really has no story....

I like the current avatar the best.

Kontra Kommando said:

I like the current avatar the best.

I'm a doomer and a guitarist (that writes doom metal as it were).

So naturally, I agree with Kontra here.

It's just a dumb robo-fish I pixeled for practice (uses a palette from one of the Genesis Sonic games).

Doomkid said:

That one made me laugh my fucking ass off.. I wish it was possible to make him play faster!

Wish granted!

TraceOfSpades said:

I don't think it was necessarily because it was Hitler. I think the mods removed my avatar because it was somewhat seizure inducing with its flashing colors lmfao.

But yeah I saw what you posted and it just didn't sit very well with the mods... I thought it was fucking hilarious to be honest but you got to be careful with posting racial topics even if it is just a joke that is not meant to be taken seriously. The Hitler meme saying 'mein *****' was more than likely one of the reasons you were put in losers. Not because it was Hitler, but because of what it said.

EDIT: New Hitler avatar gif I made. It's from Wolfenstein 3D so therefore it shouldn't be offensive...right?

Mechadon, majordomo and scholar, made me a Flemoid fish, looks particularly like the Flemoidus Quadrumpus. If you have not played Chex Quest 3 yet, forgo playing anything else and google it. All 3 Quests are formatted into one file, with some extra ZDoomery to polish everything. Also some of the old maps were polished up from their 20th century original designs.

After a few years with the same user name and avatar, I felt like it was time for a change. Also, I couldn't find a picture of Fulgrim as a Deamon Prince that looked good at 64x64, so I went with the Mark of Slaanesh.

I fishified the dragon sprite from Might and Magic ... I'm going with 7. I unfortunately didn't figure out how to colorize images back then and I haven't updated my avatar since.

Brian Griffin thinks he's so smart. So do I. But really, more often than not, I just find myself barking at my reflection in the window.

i think i had the cover of Magma's Mekanik Destruktiw Kommandoh for a long time, then when CSG was doing one of his Doomworld fish rallies, I made this thing on account of my deep and unabiding love of Metroid.