Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

The story behind your custom avatar

DooMAD said:

I thought I had already posted in this thread, but maybe that was an older one from a few years back.

Brazenly stolen from Q3A (as I'm sure many here can probably tell), then fish-ified as per forum tradition.

I've always wanted to play Quake.

^ It's inaccucate: Lost Souls spawned by PEs don't immediately enter their charging attack animation, but they stay in their regular slow floating animation.

Looks like a new trend is catching up!

And I'm joining!
Or maybe not. This one is just fine for me.

scifista42 said:

^ It's inaccucate: Lost Souls spawned by PEs don't immediately enter their charging attack animation, but they stay in their regular slow floating animation.

I noticed this a long time ago and always thought it was really strange. They even make the attack sound, I assume it was just an oversight?

Great. Now everyone is going to have a 360° Rotation sprite followed by an attack.

I've created a monster(s).

Doomkid: I think the Pain Elemental would have been a lot harder and cooler if the lost soul instantly charged as seen in your avatar.

TraceOfSpades said:

Doomkid: I think the Pain Elemental would have been a lot harder and cooler if the lost soul instantly charged as seen in your avatar.

I agree with this statement.

Doomkid said:

I noticed this a long time ago and always thought it was really strange. They even make the attack sound, I assume it was just an oversight?

It's definitely an oversight. Normally a Lost Soul calls A_SkullAttack when it goes into its attack frame (so it has the right graphic). But when spawned by a PE, the Lost Soul is immediately forced to do A_SkullAttack even though it's still in its initial spawn frame. Seems like the sort of thing that ought to be "fixed" in a port like Doom Retro.

TraceOfSpades said:

Cooler, yes. Harder, no. They already do deal damage when their body hits you after the PE spits them. They actually perform their casual slow flying routine while also still "passively" flying at high speed after spitted, and they have a chance to enter their attack state (change their direction towards you and charge again) during this "passive" fast flight. That's potentially trickier than if they charged immediately.

fraggle said:

All these spinning avatars are making me dizzy.

I wanna make a variation of Tracer's avatar but with an abbadon. I've always liked his avatar for some reason.

Sgt Ender said:

I wanna make a variation of Tracer's avatar but with an abbadon. I've always liked his avatar for some reason.

Thanks man.

I can hook you up with one of those.

oh boy. Looks like there will be two factions within doomworld, The anime army and the spinning monster club. Then there's everyone else.

HorrorMovieGuy said:

I am incredibly ashamed and disappointed in myself right now.

Yours is the best of them all honestly

fraggle said:

All these spinning avatars are making me dizzy.

Just imagine how they feel!

Ledillman said:

We fishy-avatar users stand strong, united!!

Good luck withstanding our S P I N A T T A C K ! ! !

TraceOfSpades said:

My spinions! ATTAAAAAAACK!

Your fighting against the wrong side.