Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

The story behind your custom avatar

Me. I took this photo around the time I joined this place, which wasn't long ago. I decided to don myself in one of my favorite jackets, one of my masks, and some sunglasses.

The mug I'm holding says "LOVELY", a word I commonly use to describe good things. I just made a little label out of a type of sticker paper I had and wrote it on there with a marker. I took that label off the mug and now have it amongst my sticker collection on my desk cabinet.

Then, I messed with colors to tint it with one of my favorite colors: blue. Mostly as a middle finger to the color red, a color I hate very, very much for certain personal reasons.

20180613_094953.jpg

Edited by CaptainResident : Added photo.

I've created my persona for 3 months ago. Description:

1521444785.dagtilki_1.png

towelunn_by_dagtilki-dcg677s.png

1525456234.dagtilki_myfox.png
Name: Towelunn

Species Name: Vulpus montanus / Yama no kitsune (Mountain Fox)

Clan: dagtilki/tawtulki 

Orientation: bisexual

Likes: mountain, sky, flying, rain, breath air, soup, chicken, friendships, kindness, quiet, loneliness, ice-cream, cheese

Dislikes: wars, disputes, treason, noise, hate, conflicts, cakes, sugar, humiliation, laughing

Character: angry, dissatisfied, mysterious, unsociable, modest and very gullible

Ability: vampirism, night vision, transformation, stealth 

Edited by BJ34 : I've edited my persona/fursona

Well, as I've previously mentioned, I have the habit of periodically changing my avatars and covers (usually with something that's representative of me in a way or another).

Either way, this time around I had chosen an avatar with Number 4 from K.N.D., or more precisely, from that short Dragon Ball parody episode, probably one of 4's most epic moments in the series.

Aquila chrysaetos. Sectioned out from an image taken by Yves Adams, a Belgian photographer who caught a scene of a golden eagle fighting with a fox in Bulgaria.

Spoilered for size and (little bit) content.

Spoiler

Golden-Eagle-on-Fox.jpg

Wanted one of Aquila chrysaetos canadensis, the American golden eagle, because I'm American, but this image showed the badassitude of the golden eagle too well for me to pass it up.

@Aquila Chrysaetos Proud 'murican eh xdd. I like eagles too, but I prefer ravens.

More fitting perhaps, though the SCP avatar was nice as well. Now I only need to get rid of mispronouncing your name in my head ("cree - sah - theos". What the hell, indeed).

I can't find a pronunciation guide, so I pronounce it ah-QWILL-ah krih-SAY-eh-tos. Hope that makes sense and helps.

And yes, I'm a proud 'murican.

I liked to SCP avatar, but I really like this one better. It works better, probably because it matches my handle/username.

19 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

probably because it matches my handle/username.

True.

19 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

I can't find a pronunciation guide, so I pronounce it ah-QWILL-ah krih-SAY-eh-tos. Hope that makes sense and helps.

It should be pronounced as "Ah-Qvilla Cree-Seh-Tos" (or your "krih", same thing. Should sound like the first Word of Power ("Krii") from Skyrim's Marked for Death shout, but without the second "I"), with a "V" instead of "W", and thus not pronounced like in "you" . We spell the word just like it's written as a matter of fact, "acvila".

It's just how it got stuck in my head (incorrectly), as I originally misread your name ("Chrysatheos").

For now, it's Ryuichi Hattori from Downtown Nekketsu Soreyuke Daiundokai, one of my favorite games. Used to play that game to death back when I was a kid, and I'm still playing and having loads of fun with it.

The Double Dragon (twin) brothers are my favorite characters in the game.

Well, not really much story at all.  I'm terrible at picking out a custom avatar when I join a forum and usually just end up picking anything at first. Currently my avatar is Giygas from Earthbound. 

Mine is myself staring into your soul. You might think that it's just a clever gif, but no. It is actually fully live and happening right now. I can actually see you through your webcam so if you want your privacy while looking at my posts you may want to cover it. Just a heads-up.

9 minutes ago, Grimosaur said:

I can actually see you through your webcam so if you want your privacy while looking at my posts you may want to cover it. Just a heads-up.

Ha! Joke's on you, I don't have a webcam!

I love Quake 3 / QuakeLive. I've got the rocket (as pictured in avatar) and railgun icons tattooed on my right wrist.

On 7/30/2018 at 3:40 AM, Grimosaur said:

Play this on loop while looking at D!zone's profile picture

Youch