Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

The story behind your custom avatar

Ninja Gaiden (You may know it as Ninja Gaiden Black) was a game of my childhood (I still own it, but my xbox died so I can't play it anymore), I liked it a lot. So I decided to put a pfp of the protagonist Ryu Hayabusa. The image is from the "remastered" version called Ninja Gaiden Sigma released for one of the playstations (I think the Playstation 3, I'm not sure)

Edited by Lol 6

Stupid Bunny is a name I pulled straight out of my ass on a whim while making the title cards for a Commander Keen mod back in like 2004 or so.  I've been saddled with it ever since but it was only a couple years ago on an online drawing game that I decided to finally lean into it and draw an avatar that reflected my idiotic username.  And then I repurposed the bunny here at DW when I came back after being absent for like 6 years.  If you wanna read too much into it there's also a bunny in Doom, and TNT is an IWAD that exists.  The end

It is a glitched Picture from Diablo, it was as it is in the Gog Launcher and i took a Screenshot.

On 11/12/2020 at 9:41 PM, Biodegradable said:

LWK7A8b.png

I started using the SCP Cheshire Smile in 2014 when I got Steam and used it along with the other one I subsequently found for a bit, then found the second spooky grinner the following year and kept him for a very long time and he became the face I was known by during my days in the YouTube Poop scene. Then more recently in April this year, since I've still very much been operating my new video editing business under my username and figured it'd be a good idea to keep the little guy around for branding purposes, I figured it was time to have a new version of him made. After all, the 2015 one is just a random image I found one day and I don't own it. Rather than risk having the original artist come hunting me down to accuse me of stealing, I commissioned an artist I like, YixxiePie, to make her own interpreted version of him that I can own and do whatever I please with. I couldn't be happier with the result as Yix nailed the cute/creepy aesthetic I've come to enjoy. :^)

On 11/12/2020 at 9:45 PM, Sunnyfruit said:

Wait, I thought it was the Pokemon R/B Specter

uWyjBZ7.jpg

I thought it was the Black Spirit from Black Desert Online. :p

W4tjMmC.jpg

I love Shovel Knight. Plague Knight here is enjoying his sippy juice. This drawing was made by Sachichy, found this on his/her pixiv.

I am a big fan of yandere things [im even a bit of [and by a bit of i mean i am] a yandere!]
so i found this picture on deviant art [its Ayano Aishi from yandere simulator]

Aishi-Ayano-full-2362434.jpg

well i thought the one on the right would be a great pfp [honestly both of them would be great pfps] so i cropped the image out..

I dont change my pfps very often, unless i find one that i really like afterwards... I found my Current one on a Discord Server... i really liked it so i changed to this one

Edited by Yandere_Doomer

Well, as for now I use Mima the evil spirit from pc-98 era Touhou, too bad she was scrapped in later entries. 

Since My Persona Is My TF2 Spy When I Updated His Cosmetic Loadout On TF2 I Decided To Edit My Social Media PFP's So Started Up Gmod And Made My Current PFP

On 2/22/2021 at 6:13 PM, Aaron Blain said:

My favorite moment from one of my favorite movies:

Thats Douglas Fairbanks as Zorro right?

I don't know where mine came from, well that doesn't make sense now, doesn't it (it was an Archvile before)

Well, my profile pic came from the separation of a french music duo called Daft Punk, in their video called Epilogue they show the mage that now is my profile pic

Edited by 1Destro3456

48 minutes ago, DSC said:

Thats Douglas Fairbanks as Zorro right?

Yep! Also the inspiration for 2011's 'The Artist', starring Jean Dujardin. This particular version is from a historical music ensemble called Hesperus, which accompanied showings of the film with live music representative of Spanish/Mexican California from the 19th century. It was amazing.

http://hesperusplayszorro.com/

nothing, I just looked up Doom guy face gifs one day and thought this was weird/unique so I used it. never seen doomguy with glasses or facial hair.

I used to play EvE online way back in 2006. The game has, or had, a feature where if you held a key, I forget which, your cursor turned into this little square magnifying glass. That's the border around my avatar. The subject? It's the version of the Minmatar Scythe from before the Trinity patch overhauled the graphics.

Spoiler

Before Trinity:

image.png.a53e55cc5e74b72c0a387afa4e6d33dd.png

Now:

image.png.201eae8017d9a9c3473f8067456875c2.png

Why do I use it as a forum avatar, still? Well... it looks kinda like a face, don't it? It's funny.

Edited by aletheos eberlain

Mine's got a bit of a backstory. It all stems from my (by far) most played game on Steam. Team Fortress 2. TF2 is known for having a wide array of unique hats, some of which having unusual effects. One of these effects is called Flaming Lantern, and it's a jack-o-lantern that orbits around your head. So I made a pfp, based on it. For a while, this was my main avatar for most social media platforms I was on.

(This is the picture, be carful it's big)

Spoiler

652266195_flaminglanternprofilepic.png.5adc178094ccaceab0dd1c3347b05346.png

After I first created my Doomworld account, I made a sort've recreation of it, but it was based off of a random image I found on google. Then I made a gif of it. But then for a while I had what I thought to be the perfect pfp. A looping gif of the pumpkin from PvZ.

Spoiler

1017409737_pumkinpvz.gif.625a6ff6e0112efe3ee10a1adfdb442f.gif

But eventually, I got into Banjo-Kazooie. So I edited a gif of Mumbo Jumbo from the game to make him look like a pumpkin. Unlike a lot of the profile pictures I've used, I don't see myself getting bored of this one. But only time will tell I guess.

I love SA1 and its sequel, so I decided to make my avatar as any character, and a few characters came into my head, one of them is Big the cat, I found a thumbnail of a playthrough video, he looks souless and the way the camera is zoomed at his face is funny, not that funny but the avatar made me bored, I'm gonna use another one.

newpfp.jpg.34ff8583a8b89906b10ccaa61966b

delete my existence, end my suffering

24 minutes ago, AvadaKedavraWithQuadDamage said:

I love SA1 and its sequel, so I decided to make my avatar as any character, and a few characters came into my head, one of them is Big the cat, I found a thumbnail of a playthrough video, he looks souless and the way the camera is zoomed at his face is funny, not that funny but the avatar made me bored, I'm gonna use another one.

Must admit, that character confused me for a good while.

I've been living under the impression it was a zoomed-in art of Mora (no, not specifically the spoilered art of course):

Spoiler

gunmouth-that-familiar-grin.png

Don't think mine needs any introductions, Loona is stunning, 'nuff said.

2 minutes ago, seed said:

I've been living under the impression it was a zoomed-in art of Mora:

Reveal hidden contents

I regret coming back to this thread.

1 minute ago, seed said:

I've been living under the impression it was a zoomed-in art of Mora:

Reveal hidden contents

the fuck is mora

i regret clicking the spoiler

@mrthejoshmon I thought your avatar was the Marathon icon :)

Marathon_(video_game).jpg.c2fee4671ebaaee4b95ad45302e9c58a.jpg

7 minutes ago, seed said:

I'm just going to sit down and laugh now. Thanks for the laughs again.

Speaking of laugh, I might change my avatar to something...

Spoiler

funnier (or more funny, if you don't like funnier)