Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

The story behind your custom avatar

6 minutes ago, AvadaKedavraWithQuadDamage said:

Speaking of laugh, I might change my avatar to something...

Hide contents

funnier (or more funny, if you don't like funnier)

Do whatever you please dude. Change it to whatever you deem adequate, no-one should have anything to say about that (unless it's of NSFW nature, naturally) 🦊.

BTW I think june gloom's avatar is a reference to Marathon, seems to match.

47 minutes ago, seed said:

no-one should have anything to say about that

Of course, imagine a whole controversy about a funny cat avatar.

48 minutes ago, seed said:

(unless it's of NSFW nature, naturally)

I'm not a horny freak and I know that using a NSFW avatar will get me banned for it.

1 hour ago, AvadaKedavraWithQuadDamage said:

I love SA1 and its sequel, so I decided to make my avatar as any character, and a few characters came into my head, one of them is Big the cat, I found a thumbnail of a playthrough video, he looks souless and the way the camera is zoomed at his face is funny, not that funny but the avatar made me bored, I'm gonna use another one.

newpfp.jpg.34ff8583a8b89906b10ccaa61966b

delete my existence, end my suffering

Froggy

where r u

28 minutes ago, AvadaKedavraWithQuadDamage said:

Of course, imagine a whole controversy about a funny cat avatar.

I'm not a horny freak and I know that using a NSFW avatar will get me banned for it.

Hm, yes, this sounds almost familiar, I wonder why.

NSFW extends to more than just horny stuff though, could also be gore or whatever. Cute of you to assume I was talking about a specific side of it 🦊.

9 minutes ago, seed said:

NSFW extends to more than just horny stuff though, could also be gore or whatever. Cute of you to assume I was talking about a specific side of it 🦊.

NSFW could mean anything that isnt safe for work.... [you dont think they would allow Gore at work, you know?....Hell, i dont even think they would allow anime at work, but that is besides the point..]

It's my favorite webcomic character Rain.

edit: I wonder if I'm the only one on Doomworld who currently has a trans character as my avatar.

Edited by NuMetalManiak : edit

7 minutes ago, Yandere_Doomer said:

NSFW could mean anything that isnt safe for work...

Not "could", it means just that indeed - gore, hate, substance abuse, politically charged, all kinds of offensive material, and the list goes on.

More personal stuff is best kept outside of work hours and beyond, regardless of what it may be, you never know what kind of people surround you, but that's beside the point, we already have a political topic going (and going quite well I daresay), don't want this to transform into another.

It is 100% extremely wet and frisky hentai femboi fennec thots doing triangular acts of wetness and.. and friskiness... and extremeness... or something.

Fine, fine, I'll spill the beans. It's just The Cheat. I know, kind of a bummer innit. Also, selling emails to Bubs and other clandestinities won't make you look cooler. In fact, it won't make you look anything, because no one sees to begin with!

469338326_merda2.0.png.e04c11c776db84d0f3c38fec8d9295c3.png

I made this image (or well, a very similar one... the original one is locked behind a paywall now, long story) in ms paint in... i believe 2014. Before that i didn't have any solid avatar people could recognize me for, so i made this. It was initially really crude (intentionally, i just found it funny that way) and poorly drawn, so years later when i got sick of this i started experimenting with ways to make it actually look decent, so an idea came to mind:

experiment.png.b9d97e72319be0e8315e54f5e7cd96eb.pngnewground.png.f67d329245802350319f1b589bcf713d.pngrrpg.png.edfc41ddb9395f83745e15b0e3b19d45.pngsteammmmm.png.945d1f2f35e45cdd3476f5d2e8a1c980.png

What if i just removed the torso, neck, and even the entire face, and just kept the silhouette of the (only) two actually distinct parts of the original (hair and sunglasses), and just recolored it individually to each social media or platform i need an avatar for? And so i came with all of those images above, and probably a few others i have lost in my maze of folders...

11 hours ago, seed said:

NSFW extends to more than just horny stuff though, could also be gore or whatever. Cute of you to assume I was talking about a specific side of it 

Aren't we talking in a forum about a game where you kill demons? Just kidding, if I actually used a gory avatar, I would keep the gore level to minimum, and it would be cartoonish gore, if the avatar looks horrific, I would delete it.

And also, I semi-know that NSFW is more than just horny stuff.

10 hours ago, Gustavo6046 said:

It is 100% extremely wet and frisky hentai femboi fennec thots doing triangular acts of wetness and.. and friskiness... and extremeness... or something.

Wait, WHAT

@Gustavo6046 I didn't know that your avatar is a homestar runner character, I thought you made it.

54 minutes ago, ReaperAA said:

Global Defense Initiative (GDI) faction from the Command & Conquer RTS series. Because I like the games.

And it still reminds me of superhero organizations. I can almost see the Avengers logo :p .

13 hours ago, AvadaKedavraWithQuadDamage said:

@mrthejoshmon I thought your avatar was the Marathon icon :)

I always thought the Tau and Marathon logos were oddly similar, it doesn't help that Marathon 2 changed it to Yellow, which just so happens to be the primary Tau colour.

3 hours ago, seed said:

And it still reminds me of superhero organizations. I can almost see the Avengers logo :p .

Now that you mention it, there was actually a discussion I read somewhere (either reddit or a forum) where people were saying that the Strike force Avenger's logo is a shameless copy of GDI logo. Kinda sus if you ask me.

Edited by ReaperAA

On 2/25/2021 at 4:23 PM, GraphicBleeder said:

Dead Kennedys.

I used to have a Swedish parka that I sewed the same picture onto after cutting it off a ratty old t-shirt that I wore all the time.

I worked with a guy who said he wore a Dead Kennedys shirt to work and the manager said "Is that some kind of sick fucking joke?"

Well, yeah, it kind of is.

My newest avatar is basically me wanting a character who looks like they fit in the Doom landscape, and since I like American Dad, I picked Armageddon Stan and edited his face onto one of the Doom endscreens.

20 minutes ago, DavetheDoomguy said:

My newest avatar is basically me wanting a character who looks like they fit in the Doom landscape, and since I like American Dad, I picked Armageddon Stan and edited his face onto one of the Doom endscreens.

This kinda makes me want an American Dad Doom mod.

17 minutes ago, GraphicBleeder said:

This kinda makes me want an American Dad Doom mod.

That would be cool to see tbh. I know there's a Simpson's one out there with enemies reskinned as different characters.

This shitty low-res picture of myself [file named "u wot m8.PNG"] was taken 2 years ago now, for no particular reason as much as I can remember. 
Then, while fooling around with friends on Discord, I was changing my profile picture to all sorts of random things, one of them eventually being this. And this one stuck with me. It worked, too, as I was beginning to take part in and moderate Discord servers after some time, and I needed something [appropriate] to represent myself properly.

As for choosing this profile picture for Doomworld? Honestly, it was the first thing I found to work as I also have the same one on Discord.

Probably makes me come off as a little weird, but oh well. XD

u wot m8.png

34 minutes ago, DavetheDoomguy said:

That would be cool to see tbh. I know there's a Simpson's one out there with enemies reskinned as different characters.

Ultimate Simpsons Doom was actually the first custom pwad of any kind I ever played.  It's some good shit

9 hours ago, Jello said:

I used to have a Swedish parka that I sewed the same picture onto after cutting it off a ratty old t-shirt that I wore all the time.

I worked with a guy who said he wore a Dead Kennedys shirt to work and the manager said "Is that some kind of sick fucking joke?"

Well, yeah, it kind of is.

Y'know, this actually makes me think.

Is your name a reference to Jello Biafra?

Like when I posted in the react to the username above you thread you recognized what album my pfp was from, and then you quoted me with this. So I'm assuming you're into the Dead Kennedys.

6 hours ago, GraphicBleeder said:

Y'know, this actually makes me think.

Is your name a reference to Jello Biafra?

Like when I posted in the react to the username above you thread you recognized what album my pfp was from, and then you quoted me with this. So I'm assuming you're into the Dead Kennedys.

Yeah it is, I loved the Dead Kennedys when I signed up back in 2001. Well, I still do, but I never thought I'd still be using the name 20 years later, but at this point I've become really attached to it.

I just figured it'd be a funny user name to sign up under when I was in high-school. You may see that crappy, crooked DK avatar show up from time to time as well, that was me. But I swear it was straight when I made it in MS Paint, something happened during the upload and I was never able to fix it.

I was supposed to use this logo for a some indie films I wanted to make. I unfortunately don't have the funds, but plenty of scripts. I just use it for profile pics and stuff since my online "alias" is Retro Dino. I also think it's pretty cool. it's a dinosaur playing a "retro" arcade cabinet shooting a mf rainbow.

18 hours ago, Dunn & Dunn said:

Probably makes me come off as a little weird ....

Join the club, pal. [:wink:]