Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

The story behind your custom avatar

Posted (edited)

I'm a fan of Ratchet & Clank, so I made myself a lombax sona. And then I decided to have him dressed as Vauban from Warframe for Halloween 2022, so I commissioned someone on Twitter to draw him as that character.

It's a Macbook Photo Booth capture of me from around 2010 doing that thing where you scissor someone else's hands and then open your palms to make a hand vagina.

Basically mashed Happy Anniversary with Souls at Zero by Neurosis

// ... So... it was a a very snowy night... january 2014... it was a lake effect gail in Edgewater, Chicago Illinois... I was ducking out to the parking lot for a spliff and decided to be egotistical and take some self portraits with the predator vision filter on my old Kyocer Hydramax... had on my Soviet Ushanka... the rest is surrealism and the way she goes...

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, A smart puppet said:

I am a puppet, I am smart.

...Yeah, yeah, but seriously.

I like the puppet from reelism 2. 

Hey look, it's the awful sprite I convinced myself would be a placeholder when I drew it! Maybe one day I'll draw some more shadows on it to better fit with the rest of the Doom setting. This is why I'm not a pixel artist. :V

As for mine... once upon a time, many moons ago, I was in a poorly-ventilated classroom being taught how to use some ancient version of Linux (it might have been red hat?) for Server Admin Purposes. Incredibly bored, I dug up some MSpaint-style program (it might have been gnome-paint?) and did some doodling. One of those doodles, for reasons, I can't entirely explain, was an attempt to draw some blocks from Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land from memory. I failed, but the results stuck with me and I kept one of them, semi-regularly re-drawing it in vectors and using it as "my online brand" for some stupid reason.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Kinsie said:

Hey look, it's the awful sprite I convinced myself would be a placeholder when I drew it! Maybe one day I'll draw some more shadows on it to better fit with the rest of the Doom setting. This is why I'm not a pixel artist. :V

As for mine... once upon a time, many moons ago, I was in a poorly-ventilated classroom being taught how to use some ancient version of Linux (it might have been red hat?) for Server Admin Purposes. Incredibly bored, I dug up some MSpaint-style program (it might have been gnome-paint?) and did some doodling. One of those doodles, for reasons, I can't entirely explain, was an attempt to draw some blocks from Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land from memory. I failed, but the results stuck with me and I kept one of them, semi-regularly re-drawing it in vectors and using it as "my online brand" for some stupid reason.

I legitemately thought your profile picture came from the Sasuke enemy in the Kirby series. I mean, just look at 'im and try to tell me that doesn't look like your picture.

FypbyJLacAAE8ks.jpg

Anyways, about my picture, there ain't much to say about it. I simply picked it because I needed a good profile pic and I thought it looked cool.

Edited by Panzermann11

Wanted to keep an old tradition of Doomworld's alive, while also going "creative" with my (then) recent favoritism towards Quake.

I originally chose the classic slayer because I played a lot of classic doom back then (because I was too young to play newer doom games because they don’t look like bank security cameras), but since I got into modern doom, I decided to change it.

I like fat yoshi from Super Mario RPG because they are inherently goofy 

When I was a moderator on Pokecommunity we tried to start a podcast and one of the other moderators made us all our own avatar for the podcast based on our favorite Pokémon. I have continued to use it as my avatar ever since. 

As I've related elsewhere, my username was pulled out of my ass on a whim sometime in c. 2004 during the development of a disjointed and later-abandoned Commander Keen mod called Comrade Keen--the avatar/logo/whatever to go in the opening titles came from the same source:

image.png

A white rabbit, super creative no?  Anyway the current iteration of the avatar dates from I think 2015 on Drawception (another beloved website of mine that needs some admin love) where it's fairly standard practice for folks to have self-drawn avatars, given that it's a drawing website and all.  I guess eating a lit bomb was the dumbest thing I could picture the bunny doing at the moment.  I've been using the name for 20 years now so I guess I'm sticking with the whole thing unless I give him a cool hip makeover at some point to sell my Doom maps to the kidz you know

Up and after 7 years, I still uphold the seemingly unpopular opinion.

Revenant alert sound is overused, overrated and overmemed. Revenant chase/roaming sound should be given more attention.

Posted (edited)

When I joined Doomworld, this user was active. I instantly liked the character on their avatar (Koakuma). Fast forward 3 years and this character practically became my online persona and remains so to this day. Quite a story, yeah.

Allegedly, this one particular autistic creature edit was made by one of my previous love interests, like more than a year and a half ago. Despite things not ending in an ideal scenario with her, I still decided to use her autistic creature since well... Is funny, and regardless, I'm not even that sure it was made by her, so no feels attached I guess (?

Posted (edited)

T2 is my favourite movie! I have watched it well over 200 times by now. I don't know if its exactly that number but I've watched it a lot. It feels like 200 times lol!

Doom 64 was the first Classic doom game i played (doom 3 was my first one) I really enjoyed it, For no apparent reason, I really liked the player Sprite and it's armour 

My old avatar in the ZDoom forum was a photo of me with the same hairstyle, from the same angle and with a very similar mask.
Then I came across this image in a random youtbue video. It even has the same head and eye shape as mine for some inexcplicable reason.

Since I'm a more private person now than I used to be back then, I figured this was a good fit for a new avatar.

I came back to those forums recently after a few years off videogames, but I didn't like how their community looked now (leftist AF, questionable moderator conduct and a few controversies happened while I was gone), so I signed up here.