Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

The story behind your custom avatar

I think that when I will be able to upload my custom avatar, I will be used so much to this one that I wont change it.

The last 2 that i used were the symbol that i made for my musical project (a little lazy, i know that). The one i'm using now is from the album Night by the norwegian Progressive Rock band called Gazpacho.

TraceOfSpades said:

Yeah, they don't seem to like Hitler at all. Even in a joking/mocking fashion. I posted a picture of Hitler with a caption on it to express me endearment to another member

That was me MEIN NEGER :)

KevinHEZ said:

The last 2 that i used were the symbol that i made for my musical project (a little lazy, i knot that). The one i'm using now is from the album Night by the norwegian Progressive Rock band called Gazpacho.

Gazpacho is one of my favorite bands of all time! Mad props, bro.

RUSH said:

That was me MEIN NEGER :)

Indeed it was, Rush. You're a modern day warrior, too.

A Spade from the French playing card suit. It's fancy and also purple because I like purple.

I should probably change it to a club, since that's my birth card, but I'm just too used to it how it is.

Clearly is a Black Fish! :P

The original railgunner avatar was made by dsm. The current one I've been using for almost 10 years now was made by a fellow from BeyondUnreal using the generic fish avatar as a base.

It's nice that the old railgunnerfish avatar is still up on mancubus.net

BlackFish said:

It's nice that the old railgunnerfish avatar is still up on mancubus.net

They never added the sicklefish :C

It's a picture of me from my years as a space janitor, pasted onto the body of a fish.

so busy developing vaporware im like totally exhausted man

Gonna plaster this face onto a 3D model when I get to that stage (I intend to prerender character models). Other than that, I've been experimenting with adapting Super Mario Bros 1's physics to Eternity, not so unrelated to the above picture.

Sodaholic said:

so busy developing vaporware im like totally exhausted man

http://i.imgur.com/j8sIS4k.png

Gonna plaster this face onto a 3D model when I get to that stage (I intend to prerender character models). Other than that, I've been experimenting with adapting Super Mario Bros 1's physics to Eternity, not so unrelated to the above picture.

i had thought from the avatar that it had rainbow hair XD wich would be pretty cool ;)

Mine is just Doomguy from the Vic 20 port of Doom - My favourite game on my favourite old computer. :)

TraceOfSpades said:

Yeah, they don't seem to like Hitler at all. Even in a joking/mocking fashion. I posted a picture of Hitler with a caption on it to express me endearment to another member and got loser'd for a week shortly thereafter. Whether or not that's why, I can't be certain. But either way, seems like a good idea to avoid Hitler photos.

If that's seriously what you learned from that incident then you can look forward to getting banned in the near future when you make the same mistake again. Seems like you've completely failed to understand what was so unacceptable about your posts.

BlackFish said:

Clearly is a Black Fish! :P

To me it always looked like your avatar was like a photo of a picture, and there was a really bad glare that was never fixed.

I think he chooses to see it as a lens flare. Or maybe his fish is in the egg-laying dispersal process.

Rottking's avatar is now hilarious once you are familiar with the context.

I didn't make my own avatar, it was a request. I wanted a Doomfish, but I wanted something unique, so I requested a Doomfish based on the Freedoom marine - partly to stand out, but mostly as a way to promote Freedoom.

Mine is based off of my own anime woman I love to draw a lot, Yuki Akita Takashi (Yes, she's Japanese)

Normally she's not white and undead. I made it like that since I did return to getting back to work on The NIGHTMARE! Palace.

She's normally golden yellow.

Admins doesn't approve. I can understand why. I'll keep her off of here.
There was another I used until I REALLY got into Yuki.
Some of you may know:

Basically my OC in fish form. He's a Skull Masked Warrior (I may update him soon):

I think I've also used this too, also during the development of The NIGHTMARE! Palace:

I was about to be the Mancubus Claus during December, but the image quality might've been crap, even scaling it with GMImageEditor so I've scrapped that.

Breezeep said:

I was bored and decided to make an avatar pic out of a vibrating Revenant.

I don't know why, but that made me laugh.

My current avatar was one of the earliest ones I picked and it was merely an edited image from the invincibility powerup in the Blood game, only the surrounding red pentagram was removed. I recreated it with its original size once the forum allowed 64x64 sized avatars.

It's Johnsettere, the mysterious legend...

(Namely my crap drawing of him that captures what I think he looks like)

fraggle said:

If that's seriously what you learned from that incident then you can look forward to getting banned in the near future when you make the same mistake again. Seems like you've completely failed to understand what was so unacceptable about your posts.

It was a joke, you don't need to worry about me. I was losered for image spam and use of a racial slur in one of the image descriptions, along with unnecessary profanity.