Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
40oz

Mountains

I've been watching a lot of how to videos on YouTube to educate myself. Out of curiosity I saved a playlist by TylersArtShack that is a tutorial on how to draw mountainous landscapes.

I could use a lot more practice but i was genuinely impressed with what I managed to come up with on my first try in about 45 minutes. The most important thing I learned from it was the reminder that your paper is white, so you need to scribble over a lot of stuff and rub it with a blending pen (or in my case, a cotton ball or a paper towel) to get your shading, and use your eraser to brighten up areas that are being hit with light to get that realistic look.

I improvised mostly, the first major step in preparing your landscape drawing is to plan your horizon line and other major focal point features etc., which I skipped entirely because I was excited. I think I'm gonna give this another shot later in the week, and perhaps create some cool mountain landscapes, cloud formations, and cityscapes to use as skies in Doom. :)

I think that looks really cool. Although to me it almost looks like a storm cloud with lightning coming out. Either way, it's awesome and turned out well.

Neat stuff! I like RUSH pointing out the whole lightning-bolt aspect to it; I think that illusion creates a really cool piece. Can't wait to see what you put out later in the week, maybe trying out those planning stages you touched on!

Maybe I have bad eyesight but to me it seems reasonable to expect that you would have framed the drawings so that when you took pictures of them they'd fill up most of the photo. :-/