Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SavageCorona

This is now the official skeleton thread

bytor said:

Ivory? Are you kidding? They would be priceless. They do look great, though. I think they're too big for the board that comes with it and I hate that. Easily rectifiable.

http://www.atkmchesssets.com/products/chess-set-022.html

edit: ah, the board is seperate.

Yes it was a joke. I remember a chess set I was given had pieces too big for the squares. Same box and it was pretty funny.

geo said:

Yes it was a joke. I remember a chess set I was given had pieces too big for the squares. Same box and it was pretty funny.

It's irritating to play on a board that's too small. It's a clusterfuck with pieces easily knocked over. Officially, the square is to be twice the width of either the king's base or the pawn. I don't remember which.

edit: 2.25" is the tournament rule for square size. By rule of thumb, four pawns should fit inside a square (twice the width of pawn's base).

TIL Shatner did a show called, "A Twist in the Tale".

BaronOfStuff said:

And I found the holy grail.

No, fuck you, I'm not showing evidence either! You'll just have to take my word for it!

If we can't trust each other, who can we trust? While we're at it, I made an overhead dual stick shooter similar to Commando staring revenant and his homing rockets. Gibs everywhere! Can't show you though. Trust me its hawksome.

geo said:

If we can't trust each other, who can we trust? While we're at it, I made an overhead dual stick shooter similar to Commando staring revenant and his homing rockets. Gibs everywhere! Can't show you though. Trust me its hawksome.

Skeleton Brothers, We must not fight just because a fellow Skeleton won't show evidence. But, We Skeletons do have to trust eachother, and share anything Skeleton and Bone related. Do said Gibbing.

BaronOfStuff said:

And I found the holy grail.

I got mine from a bad 1945 wad.

I never grew up with comics, so I'm surprised there are this many with gruesome covers. I knew there was Creepshow and Tales from the Crypt, unless they were television and cinema designed to look like comic books. There was another movie I remember of a comic book where a man's wife and child turned into gargoyles and a boy stalled a witch from eating him only to... well spoiler twist.

Obviously they're not from the 50s when they tried to make comics more kid-friendly in the most fascist way possible hence why Batman took a dip when Joker was only allowed to use Bang! guns.

geo said:

I knew there was Creepshow and Tales from the Crypt, unless they were television and cinema designed to look like comic books.

Actually, Creepshow comics existed before It was even a Movie, Tales from the Crypt was a comic as well, I think both were from the 50's.

Anyway, here's a picture of the Crypt Keeper with a derped face because why not.

Speaking of EC (Tales from the Crypt, Vault of Horror, Mad, etc)...

One of these things is not like the others
Which one of these things...doesn't belong

Spoiler

There weren't many EC titles with skeletons on the cover. I posted one awhile back.

Goddamn there's a lot to be learned from these early comic book covers. I need to start analyzing these things and get gudder at drawing.

Jaxxoon R said:

Goddamn there's a lot to be learned from these early comic book covers. I need to start analyzing these things and get gudder at drawing.

The one thing I've learned is reapers look over nasty children and their horrific books.

Thanks for the ride lady.