Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Trolling QuakeCon

So I have a YouTube show I'm currently working on, a meta-satire of YouTube gaming shows called "Hey, I Played That!" Although we're not covering Doom until the fifth episode (which won't be released until the fall), we are covering QuakeCon and want to lightheartedly jab at the fanbase. Before we cut to the CQ footage, the episode will culminate in me essentially waking up at QuakeCon, not knowing how I got there and in a bit of a haze from having overworked myself playing an addictive user map, resulting in a loss of consciousness. I'll more than likely be in my pajamas and asking people at the con obtuse questions. Here's where you guys come in. Any ideas on questions I could ask? I really want to tap into Doom's tropes and come up with some funny stunts.

Do you think they're gonna release more footage of that new quake game?

What do think about that new replacement for the railgun?
Did you know duel mode will now have load outs?
How do you feel about Quake live no longer being free to play?
Did you know Unreal Tournament 4 is pre alpha and better than Quake?

"Why do you have to fight? Can't you build something beautiful together instead?"

Oh man I just discovered this amazing new Call of Duty and I think the new id games should be like these

Did you guys know Quake 3 runs off the Call of Duty engine?
What is your favorite DooM texture. Mine is STARTAN3

GoatLord said:

A lot of these are too specific. 40oz set the best example.

What do you mean by "too specific"?

nxGangrel said:

What do you mean by "too specific"?

Well, it looks like I've ended up calling out nxGangrel, because his were the only ones I'm really referring to, after reviewing the questions again. Examples like "Did you know duel mode will now have load outs?" and "Did you know Unreal Tournament 4 is pre alpha and better than Quake?" is a real mouthful. It's very specific in what it's referring to and doesn't really accomplish the intended goal. However, some of the other questions are intentionally confusing which I like. Asking what people thought of the new Quake game is hilarious. Asking them why The Elder Scrolls is the best FPS of all time is hilarious.

The idea, really, is to ask one or two legit questions first--such as "How do you think the modding community will react to the new Doom?" and then follow it up with something absurd or confusing. I'm going to be interviewing as many people as I can manage, so I want a good stockpile of odd questions. I really appreciate all the responses so far, but let's try to keep it simple. I've gotten some persistent questions about the manc's nipples in another thread, so questions like that would be great.

Oh, erm okay I guess. I didn't find what you meant specifically so yeah, that's what I got. On the other hand you did a good job of confusing me because, beyond trolling people, I didn't know you wanted. Hence why I was confused when you meant "too specific".

Goatlord: I once heard somewhere that nerds need to correct people. I think the best way you can go about this is to ask questions and try to make small talk based on factually inaccurate information.

"gotta kick butt and chew bubble gum! -- that's my favorite doom catch phrase :)"

"No, the new quake game, its like a really big deal! Remember the teaser with that skeleton with the missile launchers on its shoulders, what's it called again? (uh, the revenant? From doom?) No not that one, the one from quake!"

"dont you guys think that quake would have been better as an RTS? You ever see the people playing world of Warcraft? Now that's real competitive gaming!"

Another one is mispronouncing words. Like calling the lightning gun the storm gun or something.

"they should have made shub nigger rath a playable character :D"

40oz said:

"they should have made shub nigger rath a playable character :D"

Whoa whoa whoa 40oz, be careful where and how you use that. Remember Trace of Spades?

I'm part black, I can probably get away with dropping an n-bomb if it looks like I seriously didn't catch the slip. It can always be bleeped if necessary. Also, as long as I talk to a really introverted looking white guy, they'll probably be too stunned to even address it. Okay, that's a bit mean, but still hilarious. I want to avoid being malicious or hurtful, though.

Pistol = Handgun
SSG = Two Tube Shotgun
Plasma Rifle = Lightning Blaster
BFG = Big Plasma Shooter
Rocket Launcher = Missile Shooter
Revenant = Reverend
Archvile = Say it as "ARK-VILLE"
Spider Mastermind = Spider Boss

That kind of stuff always makes them angry. Just sprinkle those in here and there, and try and make your own. Even slight mispronunciations will piss them off.

"I was actually supposed to have a duel with (insert famous quake player's name here) but my... (stammering) I lost my mouse.. after someone stole it, and i didn't wanna use someone else's mouse because the sensitivity settings would have been all weird and shaped differently and whatever. So I had to turn him down. I wanted it to be a fair fight y'know? Like if I'm gonna beat him, I wanna reeeeally beat him, know what I mean? It woulda been a legendary fight. Im not even sure he's here this year. (under your breath) probably afraid ill crush him..."

"So how about that RAGE 2 reveal? How'd you like it?"

"What's the best technique against the bird guys in Doom 3?"

GLAD shows up in protest because they heard Texans using the word frags so openly.