Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo

Maps 4Matt (Happy Birthday Matt Tropiano)!

Self-described "Old Timer" MTrop has been putting up with us ruffian youngsters without any reward for far too long. As a show of good will and as a genuine surprise (handily ruined by a mismanaged msg on IRC - thanks, me!), some of his online compatriots banded together a couple of days ago to make some maps in his honour. The result was Maps 4Matt: 7 romps of varying difficulty and all of them blundered through by Matt on his birthday. You can check out the stream of his FDAs, commentary included, over at tarnsman's twitch channel here.

>> Download <<

Matt01: "Satellite" by Alfonzo
Matt02: "Like a Ton of Bricks" by TheGreenHerring
Matt03: "Pistol Whip Bacon Surprise" by Pinchy
Matt04: "I Told You I Don't Do Birthday Maps Anymore" by 40oz
Matt05: "Texturing is Too Mainstream; I Prefer More Experimental Mapping" by Tarnsman
Matt06: "Development Hell" by Marcaek
Matt07: "Ma Meeshka Mow Skwoz" by Pavera

The maps are Doom 2 Boom compatible. I have yet to decide whether it'll be uploaded to /idgames; no doubt we'll have to rearrange the resources in map07 if that's the case. Thanks to Jimmy and Xaser for taking part in the map-making session, to Jimmy again for DOORMATT (hah!), and to TGH for assisting with the CWILV graphics.

Enjoy!

Played 3 maps so far, 01 was nice looking and 03 reminded me of Doom City. Ofc you should upload it to /idgames. And there better be a 4mat track somewhere!

Alfonzo, do you mean the resources in 06? I think Pav's map is all stock resources, and it'd make sense considering you broke the rottcube texture which replaced blodrip

I can link a version which replaces other unused textures if you want.

Marcaek said:

Alfonzo, do you mean the resources in 06? I think Pav's map is all stock resources, and it'd make sense considering you broke the rottcube texture which replaced blodrip

I can link a version which replaces other unused textures if you want.

Here

Pavera said:

The map07 resources are from doom 1, which would be a problem for idgames.

They're all in Doom 2 as well. Also half the shit on idgames uses resources from multiple IWADs

Since it's been mentioned nowhere in this thread and only in the stream, I should note that my level in this WAD was a two-hour speedmap, with 30 minutes for bug-fixing. It's why it's a small level, among other things. :)

I literally made my map in 45 minutes, which is why its pretty ugly looking. Not including the 15 minutes I used to make that easter egg texture. (I had to do something to make that map worth playing :D)