Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

Guts?

Hmm, I was just thinking, since the game is so graphically advanced, do you think there will be exceedingly gory deaths? For example, I don't think an imp getting a rocket in the mouth is gonna be a pretty site.

I surely think there will be nice gory deaths.. that makes you swallow 2 times before you look at the corpce.. blowing the face of a zomby away would be an awsome feeling.. wel.. going to school now..

cya laterz...

Yeah, gory and all, but in my opinion, it's just a little too gory. I mean ok, so it looks fantastic and I might play it with gore on, but if it gets too much, I would hope they put a No-gore option in, for all of the Cowards out here :)

as long as they keep in mind that it should be scary, not nausiating(sp?). I don't wanna keep a bucket ready while playing in case i need to puke :P

Well, I don't know how it makes you all feel sick. Guts in real life make me sick but not games. Once games reach the realism of real life (my guess is 10 years from now) then I'll be toning the gore down.

Yes from the bathroom scene it looks very cool, I wonder if there will be limb dismemberment

Alientank said:

Yes from the bathroom scene it looks very cool, I wonder if there will be limb dismemberment

Hopefully not, this is Doom - not SoF.

Ever play Soldier of Fortune? Damned gory game. Yet, I never lost my lunch over it. Keep in mind it's only a game, and no matter how gory Doom3 may be, just remember it's only a game.
I would love to see a zombie soldier get blown to pieces by my high-powered Plasma Rifle (assuming there'll be one in the game) and see what kind of fancy gory graphics will result from it.
But that's me.

So? Are you saying the most advanced graphics engine there is, doesn't have limb dismemberment? It should if it's supposed to be so pretty and great.

Alientank said:

So? Are you saying the most advanced graphics engine there is, doesn't have limb dismemberment? It should if it's supposed to be so pretty and great.

Doesn't feel doomish to blow off limbs imho. And no, dismemberment isn't necessary to make this engine great and pretty - there are lots of other features instead.

The game seems pretty gory but as of yet we haven't seen any real gibbage. GIBS! Where are they? Will DooM3 have any? They may be too disgusting.

So far we've seen the intestines of the fatty in the bathroom scene... I'm not positive, but I thought his entrails were just a texture and not a model. If they are gonna do a lot of the gory details with textures it won't be something that'll require you to "bring a bucket" everytime you play Doom.

Instead of leaving a small gory pile of gibs (old Dooms) it should now be possible with the physics engine to waste an enemy such that different limbs etc. are scattered in a realistic way.

Inevitably, there is going to have to be an option to turn this off, for wusses.

Uhh, the player is gibbed at the end of the 11 minute demo video by the HK after he's been killed, so my guess is that gibs will not only be back, but there will be more than one type of gibs (that would be cool).

Oh yeah, I forgot about the end but I guess that didn't seem like Gibs in the traditional sense. It's not like the full body disentegration that you get in the original Doom like when an imp is hit by a rocket.

It's hard to make out that final sequence. Is the marine just decapitated or is there other damage to his body(apendages missing)? I can't tell.

Well, it seemed to me that body parts were bouncing off the floor, so I'd wager that there's done some damage to the rest of the body.

DooMBoy said:

Ever play Soldier of Fortune? Damned gory game.

I say SoF really sucks, it makes me bored

Shaviro said:

From what i've seen in the 11 minute video, DOOM III will be nautiating.

Hm, I got kinda hungry when I saw the bathroom scene with sounds :-)

dsm said:

Hm, I got kinda hungry when I saw the bathroom scene with sounds :-)

Well. You are also one sick man, dsm :) j/k

Well, truth be told, I got hungry from the sounds (I really wanted to eat some meat - steak or something similar), but as soon as I shifted my thoughts back to the zombie getting eaten, I lost my appetite again :-)

dsm said:

Well, truth be told, I got hungry from the sounds (I really wanted to eat some meat - steak or something similar), but as soon as I shifted my thoughts back to the zombie getting eaten, I lost my appetite again :-)

I think that is probably for the best :)

Why haven't you been on IRC lately? :~(

/me is lonely

Shaviro said:

Why haven't you been on IRC lately? :~(

I'm busy preparing for my exams (I've got one tomorrow!), and IRC usually takes up far more time than the forums - expect me to return to IRC from June 23 (that's where I'm through with my exams).

dsm said:

I'm busy preparing for my exams (I've got one tomorrow!), and IRC usually takes up far more time than the forums - expect me to return to IRC from June 23 (that's where I'm through with my exams).

Ok. What subject?