Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So yeah, guess who else has a birthday in June? :P Uncanny, I know. Anyway, my birthday's in about a week and it'd be awesome if I could get a few maps to mark the occasion. If anyone's feeling up for it:

-Vanilla, limit removing or Boom
-Small amount of monsters, but still deadly: if you can make just one monster deadly I will be very impressed
-Some nice clean visuals
-Clever stuff: some sort of cool mechanism or gimmick that the map is based around
-That's about it

I don't use Twitch due to dodgy internet, but I'll try record my playthroughs on the day and upload them here for your viewing pleasureWell that took a monkey wrench somewhere uncomfortable. Thanks guys. :)

I would like to make a map for this if I could, but I've got schoolwork to deal with, so we'll see about that.

There was a bezerk idea for a map I've had, which won't fit into VOH so I'll give this a shot. No promises of anything good/finished but I'll see what I can do.

ArmouredBlood said:

I have an interesting idea for a 1 monster map. You may not like it though.

Enlighten me. :P

Happy birthday in advance, Obsidian!

Clever Stuff

Vanilla compatible.

No DEHACKED involved.

Music: Croc_-_Itsy_the_Ice_Demon.mid

Build time: About 3 hours.

Monster count: 1

Sorry, visuals are not the cleanest.

Roughly how many monsters are considered a small amount? Because I'm messing around with a smallish sort-of-slaughtery-douchebag map you could have if you want, unless that's not your kind of thing

My level is going.. badly. I'll try and pull something together still if I can but the initial idea isn't quite working as I planned.

Octavarium said:

Roughly how many monsters are considered a small amount? Because I'm messing around with a smallish sort-of-slaughtery-douchebag map you could have if you want, unless that's not your kind of thing

Under 50 is a good place to be, although I won't be terribly disheartened if you have to go over. It's the thought that counts. :)

Happy Birthday! Boom compat, requires cc4-tex. 1 monster, though there are 2 on coop, so if you want to do -solonet, go right ahead.

Build time: ~9 hours
Music: Aqua Rock, from Golden Sun
There are difficulty settings.

Build time : 2 days.
MIDI : "Danielle's Face" by Edwin van Veldhoven
Bug : PR/GLboom screw up the title and the intemission.
No difficulty settings.
Inspiration : manor.wad from master levels
~100 monsters
Vanilla!
Town flood

I couldn't wait to open my presents and kind of played scifista's one without recording: oopsie. D-: Managed to beat it on my first try, strangely enough: maybe it's because I've been playing a lot of Super Meat Boy and I'm twitching more than Tarnsman and his Maximum Doom playlist. Nice stuff! I'll try record the other maps.

Annd Open Broadcaster Software can't play ZDoom or PrBoom-Plus properly. Great.

Played your map Joe, and excellent stuff! The progression was really cool and the visual style was quite good as well, so here's hoping this is your niche. :)

Obsidian said:

And Open Broadcaster Software can't play ZDoom or PrBoom-Plus properly.

Actually it can, it's what I use.

Set your game to 1600 x 900 and a window source, then try refreshing and turning the source on and off, sometimes it gets stuck trying to pick it up.

So I took Pinchy's advice and it worked, but it also produced an embarrassingly choppy video, so maybe I need to work on compression. Nice little idea ArmouredBlood, I managed to beat it on my second try. Thanks for the present. :)

i hope to be not too late:

Recycled Station #987

New Textures: Yes (from NB_RECOL.WAD, added in the wad and fixed with the used textures...)

New Music: midi rendition of "Nuclear Assault - Great Depression"

Vanilla compatible (tested with chocorenderlimits)

Monster Count: 80, more than else

Build Time: 3 days

Enjoy!

It's a pretty well made map, but I ended up running out of ammo in the Catacombs area and I had to finish of one of the PEs by punching them. Didn't find much more ammo around either. :/ Still a nice map though, even if it wasn't quite in the specifications.

Well, here you go, "Tornado of Souls": http://www.mediafire.com/download/hj2j0wa7vg1m9e6/Tornado.zip

http://imgur.com/usyoV1P

...Though I'm not really sure it fits the "gimmicky or clever" stipulation, it only has 71 monsters! Which is still over, but oh well. Maybe because it has scrolling stuff? Will that work for a gimmick? Probably not. Also, it's not as hard as it seems at first, though I will say it was mainly inspired by Dobu's maps. Anyway, Happy Birthday!

@Pinchy Interesting map! I managed to get to the 4th and I'm guessing final area before dying. It's not quite my cup of tea, but thanks anyway. :)

@Octavarium How did you know Dobu maps were my weakness!? Admittedly it's more to do with the crazy awesome architecture than the gameplay considering how difficult some of his offerings can be. Excellent map, managed to beat after 2 or 3 tries. Thank you! :)

@Omegalore It's alright mang, I know how it is.

Pinchy said:

Has there been a choice of compiler?

If TGH doesn't swoop in like he seems to nowdays I'll most likely do it myself. I'll wait till my birthday's over first though.