Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Evolution

Who's in your buddy list?

I have two solid golds in mine who both know what's right: Gez and Chex Warrior.

Wassup guys, thanks for ridin' with me all this time.

Tough to answer because I have a lot of buddies out there in the world of Doom. Some who are acquaintances, then you have those freinds that aren't close per se, but you still like to chat & frag, then you have your Doom "home boys". Lots of different "friend zones" even with online social stuff ;)

You all know who you are!

Foodles, Katamori, Maes, Nevan and Romero. IIRC all of them were added by mistake (it's easy to add a friend without noticing it) except for Maes, whom I added because he made a thread about mysterious people appearing in his buddy list. :) But I guess buddy lists aren't actually "mutual" so it's not like he noticed.

This post from 2014 is pretty funny, damn touch screens: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/post/1254789

Maes
GreyGhost
rf'
CeeJay
Danarchy
Pavera
mike-db
zap610
lutorc
Jodwin
esselfortium
dew
40oz

Every single one of these was a misclick, but I'm too lazy to change it

No one, surprisingly. I used to keep finding random people in there. I don't think I misclicked the Add Buddy link that many times, but I probably did.

darkreaver
gggmork
Katamori
Marnetmar
Violator

I vaguely remember adding Marnetmar on purpose, but I don't remember why. The rest I have no idea. I can't remember.

What's exactly the purpose of having a buddy list? Or is just a "oh is this guy" reminder?

entryway, Maes, Shapeless, tempun, and TheDarkArchon.
Kinda funny considering I haven't sent or received any PMs from these guys.
Sorry!

There's a button in the user profile that says "send pm to buddies"

I've never used it, because the private messages I write are usually pretty personalized. But I suppose you could organize a private mapping team and communicate with everyone in a forum-like fashion. I'll have to do that someday.

minigunner said:

Tarnsman
Alfonzo
dew
Xaser
Jimmy

...I don't know why I have dew on the list.

Counter-Goat Initiative Assemble! Your planet needs you!

:P

My Doomworld buddy list has no one in it. My Skype buddy list, I'll go on record is full of dead beat clients that have never paid me or the company. As soon as I hear a client say "skype me" I think deadbeat. My AOL buddy list is full of wealthy, high paying clients. I sound like a hooker right? No its programming.

My buddy list:

Captain Toenail
Doomkid
Joepallai
Springy
Kontra Kommando
Maes
geo
mrthejoshmon
Technician

purist said:

Here's my buddy list:

Grain of Salt
Olympus
A.Gamma
The Mionic Donut
Snakes
Death Egg
Malinku
Mrthejoshmon
Megalyth
Axdoom
Retog
Schwerpunk
Phml

The first 7 were on purpose for sending group PMs during Progressive Fiction. The others are probably mistakes but it doesn't seem to do any harm.

That was my last list. Since then, I've added:

Creaphis
Doomkid
DaniJ
Salt man-Z
WadArchive
Zed

All miss clicks.

Clonehunter said:

I vaguely remember adding Marnetmar on purpose, but I don't remember why.

Because you touch yourself at night.

The nice thing about buddy list is that nobody else knows who's in your list, even the people in your list don't know that you have them in the list. I'm not telling you who's in my list, but I can tell you that I don't use the list in any way.