Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Hell's Circle: A (99%) finished level for you!

After the recent release of Brutal Doom v20 I was inspired to make a new Doom level. I spent some parts of last night and this night making it. While technically made in Boom format, I made this level with Brutal Doom in mind and thus enemy and ammo/weapon placement is such that it assumes you will take advantage of certain Brutal Doom features such as dual-wielding and hand grenades. While you can play this without Brutal Doom, do so only at your own risk. This is a fairly tough level and should take some time to beat. As the name suggests, it takes place in hell. At the moment the level is like 99% done. The only thing it is really lacking are difficulty levels and the ammo/health balance is not 100% perfect, but that is kinda why I am posting this here. Cus feedback is always useful :)

Download: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=10012111579063953879

By all means share your feedback/thoughts :)

Downloading :)

EDIT: I couldn't beat the level and slaughter gameplay isn't my favorite so my opinion shouldn't count but I really don't like the level. First off I don't like brutal doom but I figured I'd give this a try. There are just too many monsters in a big area, not my type of thing.

TheNerdTurtle2 said:

Downloading :)

EDIT: I couldn't beat the level and slaughter gameplay isn't my favorite so my opinion shouldn't count but I really don't like the level. First off I don't like brutal doom but I figured I'd give this a try. There are just too many monsters in a big area, not my type of thing.

I like slaughter maps to a point. I would not call this a slaughter map, but its a semi-slaugther map :)

And yea like I said, this map is hard and requires strategy to beat. If you just run straight forward in either direction and try to win that why you will just die.

Pro-tip: Make sure you kill those pain elementals really quickly if you can, it will make all the difference in the world.

I tried but the combat is slow :/ It might just be me though.

And your pro tip only works if the player is lucky enough to kill them before the entire map is engulfed in lost souls haha

TheNerdTurtle2 said:

I tried but the combat is slow :/ It might just be me though.

And your pro tip only works if the player is lucky enough to kill them before the entire map is engulfed in lost souls haha

It's actually not that hard if you just throw a grenade at them as soon as they appear.

By the way I added a second screenshot to my first post.

Being stubborn I refused to play this with Brutal Doom. That being said it wasn't too difficult, then I fell into the lava and it finished the level for some reason.

SavageCorona said:

then I fell into the lava and it finished the level for some reason.

There isn't suppose to be any way to finish the level without jumping into the exist hole. Where is this lava you speak off?