Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zandor

New Builder here, would you like to test my first map?

So several people have complained about the textures not being properly aligned, I can assure you that I went through room by room and aligned every texture. Some of them I even did manually because the auto align feature wasn't working properly.

That being said either I exported it wrong, or your configuration doesn't match mine. Also, someone made a comment earlier about changing my format to one that is compatible with more platforms. I would like to do this so that you can all have the same experience I do.

As far as it being easy, I completely understand. You are all right, I can complete the level with 200% health and armor, and more ammo than you can shake a stick at. So I'm considering limiting those items for any difficulty over easy on a scale. I would also like to add more enemies on a scale. I don't, however want it to be ridiculous, but rather feel much closer to John Romero's style of the first episode from Doom 1. I still want the level to be reasonably easy and short.

The aligned textures I actually didnt really notice too many, the biggest contributor I think is just to just always unpeg lines when you move the floor of that sector which makes either a lower or upper texture visible.

Whymes5 said:

The aligned textures I actually didnt really notice too many, the biggest contributor I think is just to just always unpeg lines when you move the floor of that sector which makes either a lower or upper texture visible.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but I'm pretty sure I did that. I think that through transfer the wad may have been corrupted or what you are using might not match up with my setup, which I would imagine probably causes some issues.

I meant that thats usually the biggest reason for misaligned textures. I actually didn't notice really any as I said, although texturing was pretty bad in general, misaligned isnt a word Id use to describe it...

You can't "export" a map wrong to mess up textures. The texture offsets are stored in the map data, it would take some big fuckup to mess those up.

Whymes5 said:

I meant that thats usually the biggest reason for misaligned textures. I actually didn't notice really any as I said, although texturing was pretty bad in general, misaligned isnt a word Id use to describe it...

You can't "export" a map wrong to mess up textures. The texture offsets are stored in the map data, it would take some big fuckup to mess those up.

I think that I could design the textures to be more varied. But are you able to give me an image of what you are talking about so I can see? Perhaps I misunderstood you.