Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

Sir Christopher Lee dies at 93

Vampire, Sith Lord, Wizard, various Tim Burton characters, Bond assassin, and many, many more, Sir Christopher Lee has passed away at the age of 93, on June 7th, apparently of Heart and Respiratory problems.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11666316/christopher-lee-dies-live.html

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jun/11/christopher-lee-dies-at-the-age-of-93-dracula

http://www.people.com/article/christopher-lee-dies-93-celebrities-react-death

Sad to see him go, but he has a legacy of films behind him, several of which will probably be played over and over again for generations to come.

He also did some heavy metal work.

My condolences. We lose by far one of the more badass actors out there. To boot with making Heavy Metal music.
Hopefully his family can cope with the loss, to lose this kind of person would strike a heavy blow.

Well I was beaten to posting about this.

He was a legendary actor and I hope he rests in peace.

DeathevokatioN said:

Nooooooooooooooo :'(

Dude was 93. He had a good innings, as we say in England.

Still, it's a loss. He was a badass actor, and a real life badass in his younger days.

The man was indeed a real life bad ass. A real life James Bond in fact. During the filming of LOTR where Saruman gets killed, Peter Jackson was trying to tell Christopher how to act out Saruman's death. He wanted Lee to scream and make it dramatic. Then Christopher Lee looked at him and said "Peter, have you ever heard the sound a man makes when he’s stabbed in the back?" and then Peter looked at him and said "Um, no" to which Lee replied "Well, I have, and I know what to do."

I was listening to some of the music he made with his band the last few months, and thinking about his role as count dooku in starwars, and his role as a wizard...

The old-school actors are sadly fading away, and a lot of them lately...
And there do not seem to be current day actors capable of reaching the same skills.

R.I.P.

93 years is a long healthy, healthy life. I'd say he also had a pretty successful one, all things considered. Thanks for the memories Christopher Lee! You were a legend in your own right.

(also thanks for the memories Dusty Rhodes)

RIP Sir Christopher Lee

Snakes said:

(also thanks for the memories Dusty Rhodes)

And one for the "American Dream" as well. RIP

DeathevokatioN said:

Nooooooooooooooo :'(

Exactly what I said when I saw the news. Sad, though we were lucky to have him amongst us for as long as we did. Liked his Scaramanga, loved his Saruman. Lord Summerisle might be my favorite of his - who else could comfortably command Brit Ekland at her peak? Only Vincent Price had a charisma to match his.

RIP Christopher Lee aka Dracula aka the man with the golden gun aka Saruman the White aka Count Dooku aka Ansem the Wise :(

Technician said:

“To be a legend, you’ve either got to be dead or excessively old!”

- Christopher Lee

Another great quote from him:
"When I die, I want to die with my boots on."
Surely enough, he stayed true to his word.
He was an outstanding actor with one of the most memorable voices in cinematic history, one of a kind. It's sad to see him go, but I'm thankful for all he provided to the world.

Dude had a long and very successful life. The only sadness is that he's no longer around to share it with us, though much of it remains on the silver screen. It's odd, just the day before he died, I was wondering how much longer he'd be around, knowing he was in his 90s.