Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bad Luck Ranger

dsm: A website?

dsm: Since I am unaware of your email address, I have decided to ask you here instead. Is there a Doom fan fic website in operation and hosted by Doomworld/ugo? If not maybe we should colaborate????
This isn't just directed at dsm it's open to everyone. It's just that he is the admin for the fan fic section.

1. There's an emailing system in our user profiles - just click on my blue-highlighted name and my userprofile'll show up. In the userprofile, you'll see the blue text: "click here to send dsm an email message" - simple :-)

2. It sounds like a good idea with a fanfic website - especially one where there's only decent fanfics. Wildman has a webpage where he has a so-called "Doom Antology" (http://www.teamdeim.com/rclark/doomanthology.html), which contains a story for each level in Doom done by the Doom community. But another page with various fanfics (not just Doom related) would be nice too.

Well, I'm not particulary good with HTML. If you're interested in being part of the team then that'll be cool (plus your stories are wider acknowlegded). First on the agender is; the website it's self, I'm going to find someone with competent programming skills (preferably someone from these forums) and then ask whether they'd be interested.
Maybe I'll post a new topic or something.

Well I don't know shit about about doing websites either, so don't expect me on the website's "programming" team.

How about admin then. I suppose I'm honestly asking you because you're more a focal figurehead on this board than I am, people would be more interested to see the website if you were involved. If I find someone who can make the website I'll sort something out.
Your fan fics draw more viewers than other peoples for instance and therefore it seems like an appealing move for someone such as yourself to be indirectly involved.

Hmm, I think I'm too involved with DW to find enough time to be an admin of another site - being an admin (or even a mod) requires you to have a enough time to check the place thoroughly. I spend a lot of time on DW, but barely no time at all the other places I'm signed up (Doomcenter and deviantart). Especially now that I'm a mod of two forums (one being the at times hyperactive Doom 3 forum) it'll be a bit too much for me to concentrate on.

And I can't see why it would make the place more attractive just because I'd be an Admin there - it'll probably be enough to just put my stories up there, don't you think?

Besides, does it really require an Admin? Wouldn't it be sufficient to have the pages Webmaster/Author decide which stories are good enough to be put up?