Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

What is your favorite single level wad?

Not megawad, but just one single level wad. What is your favorite one single custom level wad? As far as my personal choice is concerned, I don't remember it's exact name, I think it's called (and I could be wrong) the day after tomorrow.

What is your personal fav single level wad?

Too difficult to choose just one single favorite level, but I can at least tell you my current favorites (which is likely to change in a few weeks):

Current favorites:
Ultimate Doom: High/Low 3 (highlow3.zip)
Doom2: Hollow Minds (KA_HM.zip)

Can I count deus vult as a single level wad?, first 4 maps are only parts of the true map. If so, definitely deus vult is my favorite

Hard question. A few years ago I would probably quickly say Doom City or Object 34. Nowadays I guess I'm older, more boring and harder to impress because I can't remember a single level wad that would be, like, way more awesome than all other. Many good wads but can't think of a special one... Object 34 and Frozen Time were satisfying to FDA but the thing is, I never replayed them and I don't want to. Hollow Minds I like "in theory" but actually I never finished it: in all my attempts I panicked when I reached the outdoor area and fell in the 20% damage blood. Doom City is "just cute"...

Maybe Escape from Deimos for such a strong theme. You know that special feeling when you're at an airport and you'll be flying away soon? I sense something similar when I play this map. It has a perfect starport atmosphere, especially in that grand outdoor area which reminds me of Corporate Hell from MM2.

I think ZDCMP#1 is yet to be unseated as my favourite single map project of all time, due to it being my first proper ZDoom map experience as a player. ZDCMP#2 is probably my second most favourite... it's technically more accomplished but doesn't quite have the same effect on me. Perhaps because I was involved in development?

I'd have to think an awful lot harder if I was limited to the sort of thing that's popular on here, as I don't tend to replay those and I think most of the non-ZDoom maps I've played have been in megaWADs.

This is hard, as I almost never play single-map WADs. However, I really enjoyed:

Deus Vult (if it counts)
Arcadia Demade
Vrack 3